97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Katy Perry: Part of Me Reviews

Shelley M.
February 5, 2014
The film was an emotional journey following the rise and fame of this gigantic success they call- 'Katy Perry'. You will be smitten by the quality of her stage sets, costumes and supportive crew that walk with her every step of the way. I didn't realise the hardship one has to endure whilst juggling fame and personal life. Katy is a true inspiration to both young and old followers. She shows that her fans come first, even before her own health and happiness, to me, that is absolute dedication. Take the opportunity to explore the world of Katy Perry and discover all that is behind the colors, glitter and music, it's a thrill. She deserves recognition far beyond what she receives.
January 17, 2014
I will say after watching this I have started to listen to a LOT more of her songs. It gave tremendous insight into a star that works REALLY hard and puts it all on the line emotionally, professionally and personally. Tremendous respect is given regarding her interaction with the fans and you get to see real flesh and blood behind the makeup and costumes. You can see the truth behind many of her songs. Very eye opening.
August 24, 2012
interesting and breathtaking
July 5, 2012
huge Katy Perry fan, and the movie did not disappoint!! She allows us to see a side of her that we've never seen before
December 11, 2013
So, her live show has jumped up a bit since Warped Tour.
December 7, 2013
Would've liked to see much more of the performances on stage.
NeuroMan42
December 4, 2013
A great glimpse into the ups and downs of the candy-colored songstress.
October 16, 2012
Of all the documentary films featuring pop stars, this might be one of the best. It knows how to have fun and the storytelling has crystal-clear clarity and undeniable ingenuity. Seems tailor-made though sometimes.
November 22, 2013
O.M.G! She's, like, so effing adorable! I don't feel like I respect a whole lot of pop singers, but I like Katy. Heard this was actually not too bad so gave it a try. Pretty fun little behind-the-scenes flick.

Obviously, I prefer Taylor. Better singer, musician, and song writer. And TS shows are a little bit classier. But that said, the two are a lot alike. They are both young and they are both entertaining corporations. Both put on massive productions that mean work for a lot of people, and both entertain the masses seemingly better than most. I respect that.

Some notes from the flick: No one has ever rocked blue hair better than one Katy Perry. Kitty Purry?? That's great. Her sister is great as the nerd from the TGIF video. She seems to have a pretty cool staff. Her makeup and costume people seem genuinely nice and talented, and her manager actually seems to care about her.

So, I like Katy. A review of her recent album said it is full of cliches (eye of the tiger, etc). So she's not the greatest songwriter or singer...oh well. She puts on a good show and touches the lives of many and inspires. As long as she's a half decent human being, she's one of life's winners.
November 18, 2013
Um filme baseado na vida pessoal de Katy Perry que tenta explicar o significado de certos videoclips que vemos na MTV, e que se foca na mxima de que "o mundo no um conto de fadas e um mar de rosas e que o dinheiro e fama no trazem a pura felicidade".
Se s um f da Katy, vais querer ver este filme... Se no o s vais-te perguntar "Porque raio que fizeram isto afinal?!"
60-64% :-|
November 16, 2013
Watchable and intriguing - it's not hard to see the genuine drive and actual artistic integrity in the artist, but it's even easier to see the spreadsheet that resulted in this film. We see some human frailties of course, but we never actually see any fully rounded FLAWS - Katy is a perfectly bubbly, wonderfully weird pixie-creature throughout the entirety of the movie. It feels like there's some honesty missing - surely someone who worked THAT hard to get where she is isn't a wilting flower all the time. Something of a missed opportunity.
November 15, 2013
I found this documentary particularly moving. I loved the way that she engaged with her fans. And even though usually her music is not my cup of tea, I loved the story of how she came from gospel to pop. And I love her attitude.
sissy c.
November 9, 2013
This movie is so awesome. An amazing story that shows how against all odds you can make it if you believe in yourself enough then you can make your dreams come true. If you are a Katy Perry fan, watch this you will NOT be disappointed
November 4, 2013
Made me cry so bad... that's enough for me <3
J.W
June 10, 2012
Her first single "I Kissed A Girl" stormed the Billboard Hot 100 at Number 1 for seven weeks, she won a Special Achievement for having 5 Number 1 singles off her album "Teenage Dream". Katy Perry is an unstoppable pop star who has worked so hard to get where she is now, and it's great to see her have her own documentary style movie which allows us fans and audiences to get the ultimate backstage pass. Mixing in amazing concert footage with vibrant colours, her wild costumes and shining charisma, this is a visual treat of a movie, and being a fan of Katy Perry's music I liked this movie almost straight away, I found myself singing along to the songs played in the background. Katy Perry: Part Of Me is a delightful feast of a movie, she's so likeable and fun to watch.
April 4, 2012
Filled to the brim with colorful visuals, catchy musical numbers, and genuine backstage moments, Katy Perry: Part of Me truly delves into the everyday life of the world's biggest pop star. It is evident how real and down-to-earth Ms. Perry as she surrounds herself with family and friends, and always does everything in her power to create magical moments with her fans. The film follows Perry's life timeline all the way from childhood to record deal crises to breaking Michael Jackson's Billboard Hot 100 record. It's an enlightening, intriguing and emotional story that proves how hardworking and true-to-herself Katy Perry really is. As for the concert performances, the film showcases 12 of Perry's biggest hits such as "Firework" and "Hot n Cold", as well as beloved covers such as Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" and The Beatles' "Hey Jude". Every performance is larger than life with skilled background dancers, outrageous costumes, and lots and lots of confetti. But the center of attention is always Ms. Perry herself as she struts across the stage, engaging with fans and owning every single performance. She has been criticized in the past for not being able to sing, but her performances in the film are nearly pitch-perfect and have incredibly high energy. Overall, Katy Perry: Part of Me is a whimsical, introspective film that proves just how talented and fun Katy Perry really is. The fans will be more than satisfied and the film may even win over the most rigid critics.
hawkinsfamily3
October 2, 2013
Lots of info about Katie, My nieces loved it.
September 29, 2013
Wow, let no one say that Katy Perry is not a hard worker, she seems to put on quite a show. This was actually a lot better then I thought it was going to be, giving a pretty balanced look at the current pop queen and how she came to be. Oh, and she is very easy on the eyes too, so that helps also.
September 21, 2013
Un retrato? un dibujo?... una buen rato para descubrir a una de las estrellas pop mas grandes del siglo XXI, te guste o no...
September 20, 2013
Beautiful, Fun and Inspirational!!! What an AMAZING woman!!