Katy Perry: Part of Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Katy Perry: Part of Me Reviews

April 20, 2014
Not very interesting.
April 20, 2014
A totally uninspiring story of rich people. With no conflict and not much in the way of insight, this is nothing more than a slice of music marketing.
April 10, 2014
Unexpectedly highly inspiring as we see one of the most famous pop stars in the world with such unique personality and an admirable heart.
March 30, 2014
This was actually pretty eye opening.
½ February 24, 2014
As with any music documentary, your enjoyment of this will depend on how well you like the artist. This is a well-made documentary, which captures a likable Katy Perry shortly after her meteoric rise, in what is likely to be her career peak. It may be a bit premature to make a documentary when the story is just unfolding, but from a marketing standpoint, it will sell more now than later. It is a seemingly balanced look into the world of a pop star and the music industry. The movie does not put her on a pedestal by over glamorizing her life nor does it paint her as some miserable martyr. The most interesting part of the film goes into Perry's upbringing and road to get a record deal. I gained respect for her in that she started as a simple Christian singer and singer songwriter, who actually could play an instrument and write her own material. The music business is sadly more about image than substance, but it seems as if Katy has found her place in that system without totally compromising herself as a person. It shows that the life of a music star can be a lot of fun, but that it comes with sacrifices. So far, Katy appears to work hard and does not take her fans or her success for granted. She seems to handle a grueling pace of stardom and without breaking down or falling into substance abuse. Hopefully, she handles the rest of her career and inevitable decline just as gracefully.
February 5, 2014
Entertaining but not really my thing.
April 10, 2012
She's quirky, and funny, this will be good.
February 13, 2014
Amazing actually my daughter saw it when it came out
February 5, 2014
The film was an emotional journey following the rise and fame of this gigantic success they call- 'Katy Perry'. You will be smitten by the quality of her stage sets, costumes and supportive crew that walk with her every step of the way. I didn't realise the hardship one has to endure whilst juggling fame and personal life. Katy is a true inspiration to both young and old followers. She shows that her fans come first, even before her own health and happiness, to me, that is absolute dedication. Take the opportunity to explore the world of Katy Perry and discover all that is behind the colors, glitter and music, it's a thrill. She deserves recognition far beyond what she receives.
January 17, 2014
I will say after watching this I have started to listen to a LOT more of her songs. It gave tremendous insight into a star that works REALLY hard and puts it all on the line emotionally, professionally and personally. Tremendous respect is given regarding her interaction with the fans and you get to see real flesh and blood behind the makeup and costumes. You can see the truth behind many of her songs. Very eye opening.
½ August 24, 2012
interesting and breathtaking
July 5, 2012
huge Katy Perry fan, and the movie did not disappoint!! She allows us to see a side of her that we've never seen before
December 11, 2013
So, her live show has jumped up a bit since Warped Tour.
December 7, 2013
Would've liked to see much more of the performances on stage.
December 4, 2013
A great glimpse into the ups and downs of the candy-colored songstress.
October 16, 2012
Of all the documentary films featuring pop stars, this might be one of the best. It knows how to have fun and the storytelling has crystal-clear clarity and undeniable ingenuity. Seems tailor-made though sometimes.
½ November 22, 2013
O.M.G! She's, like, so effing adorable! I don't feel like I respect a whole lot of pop singers, but I like Katy. Heard this was actually not too bad so gave it a try. Pretty fun little behind-the-scenes flick.

Obviously, I prefer Taylor. Better singer, musician, and song writer. And TS shows are a little bit classier. But that said, the two are a lot alike. They are both young and they are both entertaining corporations. Both put on massive productions that mean work for a lot of people, and both entertain the masses seemingly better than most. I respect that.

Some notes from the flick: No one has ever rocked blue hair better than one Katy Perry. Kitty Purry?? That's great. Her sister is great as the nerd from the TGIF video. She seems to have a pretty cool staff. Her makeup and costume people seem genuinely nice and talented, and her manager actually seems to care about her.

So, I like Katy. A review of her recent album said it is full of cliches (eye of the tiger, etc). So she's not the greatest songwriter or singer...oh well. She puts on a good show and touches the lives of many and inspires. As long as she's a half decent human being, she's one of life's winners.
November 18, 2013
Um filme baseado na vida pessoal de Katy Perry que tenta explicar o significado de certos videoclips que vemos na MTV, e que se foca na mxima de que "o mundo no um conto de fadas e um mar de rosas e que o dinheiro e fama no trazem a pura felicidade".
Se s um f da Katy, vais querer ver este filme... Se no o s vais-te perguntar "Porque raio que fizeram isto afinal?!"
60-64% :-|
November 16, 2013
Watchable and intriguing - it's not hard to see the genuine drive and actual artistic integrity in the artist, but it's even easier to see the spreadsheet that resulted in this film. We see some human frailties of course, but we never actually see any fully rounded FLAWS - Katy is a perfectly bubbly, wonderfully weird pixie-creature throughout the entirety of the movie. It feels like there's some honesty missing - surely someone who worked THAT hard to get where she is isn't a wilting flower all the time. Something of a missed opportunity.
November 15, 2013
I found this documentary particularly moving. I loved the way that she engaged with her fans. And even though usually her music is not my cup of tea, I loved the story of how she came from gospel to pop. And I love her attitude.