Kazaam Reviews

May 20, 2015
The trail-blazer of crappy movies staring athletes.
½ May 1, 2015
No one comes off looking good in this dud.
½ January 11, 2015
Ya' know, when you're really good at something, stick with it. Just because you excel at, let's say, coal mining, doesn't mean you should think, "Hmmmm, you know what? I'm SO good at coal mining, I'm gonna branch out and become a brain surgeon." So I'm sorry, but when superstar athlete, 7-foot-tall, 324-pound Shaquille O'Neal decided he could act? Someone should have let the guy know that's not how life works. And oh, by the way, you have the acting abilities of a tree stump. The inimitable yet often misunderstood "Shaq" stars in this film travesty as a genie who gives a picked-on boy three wishes. Well my three wishes are: 1) That the United Nations bans Shaq from ever stepping in front of a camera anywhere on Earth ever again, 2) That every athletic contract include a clause preventing athletes from pursuing film careers, and 3) That Lena gets a lifetime Grammy, it's long overdue. And so you're producing "Kazaam" and you get a giant acting novice to star, so who do you hire to direct, to help bring forth what you hope will be a good performance from this lumbering jackass? Starsky! F*cking Starsky! Yes, '70s TV icon Paul Michael Glaser directs. And just to top things off, they throw in a cameo by boyband the Backdoor Boys...er, I mean the Backstreet Boys. So that's supposed to be the recipe for a smash hit film: a jock who can't act, a '70s TV reject, and a talentless '90s 'N Sync ripoff. Okaaaaaaaay. Needless to say, I cannot recommend this film, not even to watch as a joke just to see how bad a movie can be. If you want to do that, watch "Beaches."
½ December 19, 2014
"FUN!"
that's waht the poster sayed... and they are F****** Liars
½ December 3, 2014
This was really a charming average movie designed more for kids than adults, but you can enjoy it if your with your 10 year old and enjoy a fantasy. The basic premise is as obvious as the title with Shaquille O'Neal playing the title role and you didn't need to really be an Oscar winner for the role. Besides, anything with Francis Capra can't be all bad, just look at his work on Veronica Mars! Capra was a really cute kid and I found my own son could relate to him as he came across warm and accessible. As For O'Neal, this is a similar role as he played in Steel. If you saw one movie, you saw his style in the other. There is a reason Basketball pay him so much and he'll follow yo that career with one in Law Enforcement, but if you need a big friendly guy for a fantasy movie, he will be your ticket.
½ October 23, 2013
Just. Awful. Awful awful awful awful awful awful awful. Godawful. Awful.
May 1, 2014
Half assed 90s kids movie with Shaq as a rapping genie. Need I say anymore? One of Shaq's many career ruining shots at acting.
½ April 28, 2014
When Max, is chased by bullies into an abandoned warehouse. He bumps into an old boom box and manages to release Kazaam (Shaquille O'Neal), a genie who has been held captive for thousands of years. In order to stay free, Kazaam must give Max three wishes. don't waste your time with this.
April 23, 2014
It's not good, but the level of hate people have for it kinda baffles me. Trust me: there were MUCH worse movies that came out of 1996.
March 14, 2014
Not as terrible as everyone says, but way worse than it sounds on paper.
February 14, 2010
A movie that definitely seemed to have a lot more power when I was younger. As I rewatch it as an adult the poor acting is evident, although not entirely unreasonable as it is clearly meant to be for kids. I still find it entertaining enough with the exception of Shaq's atrocious attempt at rapping. (First viewing - Childhood)
½ December 15, 2013
This movie should be happy that when I first praised it I was too young to know any better...
½ December 4, 2013
Lame, boring and annoying
March 9, 2013
I loved this movie. It was a bit dark, but Shaq's dynamic performance as Kazaam added welcome comic relief. The movie's message was incredibly warm, but not cliché.
August 10, 2013
It's plain stupid, but in a fun bizarre way
October 12, 2007
I... don't even... what. THIS is what I'm doing instead of partying it up in Wildwood right now? I can't decide whether to rate it half a star or four.
½ July 15, 2013
Plot goes allover the place and nothing really makes sense, the movie just seems to do whatever it feels like and breaks its own rules it abruptly makes. But with a movie starring Shaquille O'Neal as a genie... I mean, what would you expect?
June 11, 2013
A terrible kids movie that once again proves that NBA players need to stop staring in childrens movies. The movie lacks even a single clever joke and is at times pretty creepy. Just an awful movie all around
April 11, 2013
One of the best worst movies.
April 2, 2013
Just under Space Jam on the greatest films of all time list.