Kevin & Perry Go Large Reviews

FiLmCrAzY
½ October 10, 2008
i love it, its funny but stupidity funny and it captures teenagers really well it really is a lol comedy
½ October 26, 2007
Extremely funny
½ August 8, 2007
These kids were weird dudes. I found them gross and not very funny. I couldn't get into this movie.
October 21, 2006
Very Funny in its own little way.
½ June 27, 2010
Absolutely abysmal, avoid this film if you dislike failed attempts at satirical humour and old ladies acting as teenage boys.
½ February 1, 2015
Chuckle by the ten minute.
November 3, 2014
Extremely funny teenage film!
½ July 21, 2014
I think this is a misunderstood film, and it has it's merits- an extension of the classic 80s/90s comedy of Harry Enfield series, the comedy in this film more than warrants credit as a feature length episode, with gags at least at the same level as the TV show. Secondly, the dance and trance music in the film re-introduced a flailing genre over the 90s to a beckoning decade. No masterpiece, but a very funny film.
April 28, 2014
Wow. Just wow. I was always a fan of Kevin and Perry, and when I found that there was a film about these characters, I leapt onto Netflix, and began watching. Within a short period of time, I realised it was not going to be one of those high quality films that will come away with Oscars, or BAFTAs. Instead, it was an easy to watch film that was fun and lighthearted, and did everything that you'd expect from the characters and more. And I must say that it came across very well, and was great fun to pass away a dull morning. Yes, you do have to go with the flow of the film, but if you do, there is a lot that can be taken away from this truly banterous film!
April 18, 2014
Although both Kevin and Perry are bumbling yet likeable characters and the electro / house soundtrack that accompanies it is tasteful, 'Kevin & Perry Go Large' is unfortunately a poor adaptation that decides to litter the plot with immature and gross humour. Ed Bye has tried to create a comedy that aims more towards the teenage audience, an audience that the characters are trying to reflect, but unfortunately it falls short, if you want a good example of this then switch to 'The Inbetweeners'. The film is packed with over-the-top, immature innuendos and sex jokes that unfortunately drag on for the duration of the film.
December 31, 2013
The so called comedy high points of this film involve spots being popped into a mirror, awkward erections and a floating turd and if that sounds like your idea of a fun movie, you deserve to be subjected to this.
February 6, 2013
A duo of retarded virgins aspire to lose their virginity and become the best DJs ever. By the end they accomplish this, even though they're retards. And it's not funny, it is quite stupid and shameful to watch. Pretty much sums it up.
½ July 23, 2013
It's best not to look directly at it.
May 8, 2012
Whatever wit Harry Enfield had in the TV show is completely absent here. Just crap toilet humour and a cringeworthy plot.
November 12, 2012
How this didn't get a single positive review, will never cease to bewilder.
½ October 27, 2012
Sure, it's hard for most to stomach and some might find it annoying. But I think it's hilarious, I realise it's pretty bad but it's nostalgic and extremely amusing.
September 18, 2012
0%? That's awfully harsh. The film is not THAT bad. I've seen worse. Okay it has it's flaws, the erection jokes are very tiresome after being used the 10th time and what was the scene where Kevin and Perry are in the sea, Perry takes a crap and it chases after them all about? What was the point of that scene? But the scene that makes me gag (and everyone else for that matter) is the scene where the girls are getting ready for the date and squeeze their spots and pus squirts everywhere. Especially from their bellybuttons, EWW!!! The DVD commentary said there were many walkouts in that scene. I don't blame those people.

There are some funny gags and the music is great. If you don't like rave music, stay away. Rhys Ifans is great at playing the nasty DJ and Kathy Burke steals the show.

There are good reviews to this film if you just look at the DVD covers, this site shows only 5 critic reviews.
September 10, 2012
ALL I WANNA DO IS DO IT!!!!
½ August 17, 2012
This is a severe case of a film which I like but everyone else loathes. Harry Enfield created a marvelous satire of teenage life with Kevin and Perry, plus it acts a good satire on the House Music scene of the 90s - however 'jumping the shark' is certainly present in this laugh-out-loud flick. At best, it's a 'sit down and laugh after a hard day' comedy.
May 30, 2012
I loved it, if you love trance music than your going to love this, excellent songs.