Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain Reviews

½ September 20, 2014
It's fairly short than anticipated with plenty of cut scenes that ruin the authenticity of his performance but Let Me Explain is just a reminder of how Kevin Hart's comedic charm has exploded and has made him a pop-culture idol. 3.5/5
blkbomb
February 2, 2014
Kevin Hart Let Me Explain is a decent little stand up movie, but it's too short. There's a little skit at the beginning and by the time he gets on stage, there's only like an hour of actual Kevin Hart. The standup he performs is for the most part, really funny.

Kevin Hart fans will love it. The standup show is at Madison Square Garden and by the comments of Kevin Hart at his show, this obviously means a lot to him. That adds a cool new element to the show.
½ July 19, 2013
Going into this film I said to myself, "I hope this isn't a flop, and I hope he doesn't begin to go downhill from here". Wow was I wrong. Let me put it this way.....it takes a lot for me to cry tears from laughter.....this stand-up did the job. One of the funniest things I have ever seen. Period.
½ July 16, 2013
**1/2

I love stand up comedy. I love going to shows and I love watching specials. But stand up movies sometimes don't work like they probably should, and this is one of those. It's short, about 75 minutes, but it spends too much time getting to the stand up. There's a little skit type segment at the beginning, and from there it follows Kevin Harts journey to perform at Madison Square Garden. It's not really a documentary, but just a big montage before his show. Once his stand up starts, it's pretty funny. Hart is a great stand up, I just wish there was more of his show in this movie. It seems like they cut a lot of his act out. Is he the best out there? I don't think so. But, he's really coming into his own and in a few years he could be something truly, truly special. Good for a few laughs, just wish it showcased more of his act. But if you like stand up, definitely check it out.
July 9, 2013
Kevin Hart's stand up comedian is bright brash and funny with lots of energy as he explains himself being the person that he is through a comedic point of view. Clearly a must see.
September 15, 2015
Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain is a hilarious film that shows that Kevin Hart can be funny when doing stand-up. When it's about to go to the stand-up, there was a scene that they are clearly acting, but it's funny that it didn't matter that much. His jokes are very funny that people would start quoting them. His stories are very interesting that he might as well talk about anything and it would've been interesting and funny. My main problem is that his stand-up in this is really short and I wanted to see and hear more of his jokes. Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain is a great movie that shows a lot of what made Kevin Hart popular.
½ September 20, 2014
Kevin Hart sucks. He's not funny at all. Except for the thing he did about Shaq falling. His standup still bites though.
½ August 4, 2014
Not funny at all, I could'nt even watch it all the way. It is the first time I watched something from kevin hart, and it was just terrible. Absolutely the worst standup comedie I ever saw. He just needs to stop being a comedian because he is not funny. The only thing that was funny is his career, because it's a joke. Waste of time, I just hated it sooooooo much.
July 12, 2013
Same ol' Kevin Hart stand-up that I've seen before; jokes about his height and kids. I believe I laughed only a couple of times. His movie career is far better at this point.
May 28, 2014
In its 75 minute run-time, Let Me Explain packs enough F-words, dirty references, and quotable phrases, and an outstanding and dedicated performance from Kevin Hart, to make this stand-up comedy, a hillarious fun-fest that will deliver laughs to everyone.
May 7, 2014
It's just ok.
Interesting intro build-up, wildly f-bombed throughout, mediocre onstage performance - when they finally get to it.
Mainly for fans of Hart.
½ April 8, 2014
Not too many comedians are able to do stand up in this era, but somehow Kevin Hart is able to do it with ease.
½ June 30, 2013
Definitely the not the best out of his series of stand ups but hilarious nonetheless. This one weighed more on relationships and his stardom since the his last few movies and it's he covers all topics with his signature storytelling. Kevin added to his legacy yet again.
½ February 11, 2014
The movie's funny, but its documentary structure fills forced and it feels more like a Comedy Central special than anything else.
February 4, 2014
I was very disappointed in Kevin Hart's most recent stand-up special. The first 20 minutes were not even comedy, they were just a poorly written parody of him at a party trying to "explain" himself to his friends. Then the next 30 minutes were just boring, especially for Kevin Hart's standards. By that time, you're checking the clock every five minutes anxious for the special to end. Finally, after that snooze fest, some great, classic Hart-humor kicks in. I'd say the last 30 minutes of the special were outstanding and make the special worth watching. That being said, the first 50 minutes hurt the experience and dragged down the rating. The laugh-to-bore ratio should be better than 3-to-5.
½ January 31, 2014
That bitch in the corner with a diaper on her face, that bitch is crazy!

Kevin Hart has gone from traveling the bar circuit to traveling the world and starring in movies. As a tribute to his success, he decides to have a special event at Madison Square Garden where he addresses his divorce, his security, his lies, and his friends, amongst a wide variety of other topics.

"Put the pigeon on the fucking phone."

Leslie Small, director of Hair Show, A Good Man is Hard to Find, and several Mike Epps, Eddie Griffin, and All Star Comedy Jams pictures, delivers Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain. The content, set-up, and delivery were all consistently funny. Kevin Hart's body language and method of delivery is fairly unique and fun to watch.

"Let's get some fire up on these bitches one time!"

Neither of us had watched a stand up comedic performance in some time and this was a recent addition to the Netflix library, so we watched it. We definitely were laughing throughout this picture. I wouldn't say this was over the top funny like Eddie Murphy Raw or Delirious, but it was well done and worth a viewing.

"I'll double punch your face."

Grade: B-
January 31, 2014
Great movie! Non stop humor, this is Kevin Hart at his finest! Fantastic to watch with friends, and if you're comfortable with hilarious sex jokes and cussing, your family. Not children under 12 however.
½ January 22, 2014
While it never gains steam until the final 20 minutes, it's never unwatchable. So it's got that going for it.
January 18, 2014
This is why Kevin Hart is where he is right now. He is absolutely hilarious and can make a bad situation hilarious no matter what. Kevin Hart is one of the funniest comedians of all time and is movie should definitely be given a watch.