Khodorkovsky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Khodorkovsky Reviews

½ November 30, 2011
A naive attempt to whitewash a criminal who was involved in the killings of people. Because of people like Khodorkovsky (Berezovsky, Petr Aven and others) the idea of ​​democracy was forever discredited in the eyes of the Russian people. Thieves and murderers have divided the wealth of the USSR under the false slogans of free markets and democracy.

Instead I recommend watching great documentary "The Oligarchs: The Struggle for Russia" by Alexander Gentelev.
October 26, 2015
People like to paint this guy as having an ambiguous nature but first and foremost he's a man who commands and deserves utter respect for standing up for his principles in the face of Putin's gangster state. There is no alternative narrative to a man who chose prison over a simple life of luxury that was readily available to him. Khodorkovsky is championing an idea and an idea is more powerful than any actions that a small minded man like Putin can ever take.
December 24, 2013
I was very interested in the subject matter but the pace and delivery of this documentary was arduous. I didn't get to the end.
November 10, 2012
Over stylised but gripping none the less
½ December 11, 2011
fascinating story of the russian elite. how much of it is true, though, we will never know.
May 1, 2012
Great documentary about a billionaire and Russia
April 4, 2012
Curiuos and interesting documentary
March 6, 2012
Endlessly fascinating. Brave, brilliant & determined filmmaking. Russia - what a country!!
December 1, 2011
Interesting history lesson. Watch it on DVD, when you have an afternoon free.
½ December 30, 2011
I wish the journalist would have been as neutral as the BBC as he was perhaps too much on the side of the oligarch.
½ November 30, 2011

November 24, 2011
i want to watch this one