Kick-Ass 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kick-Ass 2 Reviews

½ February 12, 2016
While still not nearly as good as the first one, it has promising moments, which are then pushed aside for cliched boring average ideas.
½ February 12, 2016
Wasn't as good as the original and the movie had a few major flaws (One of them being the Union J product placement) but I enjoyed the film nonetheless.
½ August 23, 2013
One of the worst sequels ever made.

Zero Stars
January 25, 2016
Kick-Ass 2 tries to be magnificent like its predecessor. But without Matthew Vaughn, do not expect too much from this sequel.
January 22, 2016
I picked up a copy of this from the library. I sorry but Mindy has completely change in this film. She gave up what she like to please Markus. Motherfucker is the sloppiest villain I have ever seen.
½ January 11, 2016
Started off strong, but then it got all high school drama and fizzled into some sort of garbage.
February 15, 2014
Hardcore fans of the original may find some fun in Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Chloe Grace Mortez's performances, but overall it's an underwhelming sequel that does not live up to it's predecessor.
December 11, 2015
Decent sequel to the amazing Kick-Ass, but nowhere near as fun.

The violence was taken up a notch, as well as the viciousness. Lots of good character development though, which was surprising.

Action was great, although at times there was too much going on so it was hard to keep track of certain characters.

Still, a pretty decent outing.
August 25, 2013
By failing to put together an idiotic slapstick humor and the graphic violence that characterized the first film, the result is an irregular sequel that, even though sometimes exciting and able to make you laugh, is unnecessary and never on par with the excellence of that movie.
½ November 26, 2015
A hollow and a times desperate shadow of its predecessor with more mean spirited humour and darker violence, ultimately failing to live up to replicate the original in every place it counts.
November 16, 2015
Waste of a good cast with good chemistry
November 4, 2015
Kick - Ass 2 is disappointing, boring and a bad joke. All the black humor, the bizarre, the violent and all the characters are ruined in this second part, feels as if were 2 movies in one, first this Kick-Ass (a boring and absurd plot) and then this Hit Girl (tries to be a normal girl, and the situations are ridiculous) action scenes are more violent, but the choreography and editing are a mess. Kick Ass 2 me disappointed, has one interesting moment (as the car scene) but only that, a film that promised much and we left only disappointment and bad taste in mouth.

Review en Español:
Kick-Ass 2 es decepcionante, aburrida y un mal chiste. Todo el humor negro, todo lo bizarro, todo lo violento y todos los personajes son arruinados en esta segunda parte, se siente como si fueran 2 películas en una, primero esta Kick-Ass (una trama aburrida y absurda) y después esta Hit Girl (intenta ser una chica normal, y las situaciones son ridículas) las escenas de acción son mas violentas pero la coreografía y la edición son un desastre. Kick Ass 2 me decepciono, tiene uno que otro momento interesante (Como la escena del coche) pero solo eso, una película que prometía mucho y solo nos dejo decepción y mal sabor de boca.
½ November 2, 2015
* The female characters steal the show in this film. Hit Girl and Mother Russia are both bad ass, and the scenes they take part in are by far the best of the film.
* Chris D'Mico/Motherfucker is a great character who somehow provides the more sinister moments in the film, while at the same time providing a lot of the comic relief.
* I feel this film was definitely as good as the first one, but obviously lost a lot of the shock value with being a sequel.
November 2, 2015
Its so bad thats good
½ October 7, 2015
Very dark, a lot darker than the first from what I remember, but the underlying message is strong and there are some good scenes making it a worthy watch.
September 29, 2015
I loved the fact a sequel was made. I agree the first movie was better but I would still like to see a 3rd. Kick-Ass and Hit Girl are badasses!!
½ September 27, 2015
It was fun, often brutal and dirty like the 1,5 swear jar. Fulfilled my expectations.
September 11, 2015
I totally forgot it's that violent !! But that's what I call superhero.
½ August 27, 2015
Kick Ass 2 is as violent as Kick Ass is but nowhere near as funny, instead it's depressingly serious and incredibly boring, lacking the energy and fun that made the original a hit !!!
January 28, 2014
Wadlow seems to be trying to top the awesomeness and confronting nature of the first Kick-Ass but just makes an embarrassment out of the poor actors and actresses.