20% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Kicking & Screaming Reviews

John M

May 9, 2007
Will Ferrel as Will Ferrel. . a decent movie but hes playing the same role he has played in a lot of movies.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

April 16, 2011
Im sorry if you didnt like this, but I just enjoyed it. Will Ferell is my favorite comedian, and man this movie would suck without him. The story and everything else is pretty weak, but Ferell makes it work. With a few cliche and dumb moments, this movie was just okay, but Ferell just naturally made this a funny movie.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

July 15, 2010
Another Will Ferrell vehicle. Kicking & Screaming is more of the same garbage that Ferrell serves up. A few snipits of the film are comical, but don't hold up because the humour gets stale and overuused too quickly. The film rellies too much on Ferrell's one trick antics to create it's humour and doesn't work. Ferrell was pretty good in Zoolander, and decent in Old School; but in this case, big budget studios use the same formula for every film he stars in, and use his one dimensional comedy to try to make something funny. It worked for maybe three films, but when you've spent 7 films doing the same thing, it gets old. Avoid.
KJ P

January 14, 2010
Will Ferrel is great, and that's what saves this average comedy!
TomBowler
TomBowler

August 24, 2009
this is a pretty funny flick. the ending is sappy for sure and everything is resolved in two minutes, but their are lots of laughs.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 10, 2007
i dont normally like will farrell but this is an alright movie really its funny and clever and sweet and has a hidden meaning.
will farrell plays as a character called phil who was really negalected by his dad he ends becoming a football coach like his dad but doesnt want to be anything like his dad but through it he does and it takes him time to realise the real reason why he became the soccer coach its a nice heart warming funny movie!! worth a watch!!
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

June 21, 2008
Not bad, not great, has some memorable lines and scenes that make the film enjoyable more than once.
Jose Z

July 28, 2007
This movie is hardly enjoyable, I think that it wasn't the best decition from Will Ferrell to make this film. the plot seems kinda weak and with some holes in the story. I feel it a little childish at some moments. The cast was decent, the kids were very funny specially the little chinese, the two italian boys great soccer players, Will Ferrell begings with a decent and moderated performance butas the movie continues he begans to transform in the same Ferrell that screams and makes faceand that mostly of the time he is very funny, but in this movie I feel thet he exagerates, he looks so overacted and he began to be annoying. the one that delivers a good and convincing performance in my opinion was Robert Duvall, I never thought that he could be that funny. Another person that really surprises me was Mike Ditka although his role wasn't hard or difficult, he managed it very well and with some very funny moments of his performance. These two people and the moral messages were the one's that make this movie a little worthy. I conclussion, a movie not worthy for cinemas, maybe for a boring sunday at home just to spend time.
Drew S

February 15, 2007
A completely and utterly unfunny comedy movie. I walked out after about an hour. Will Ferrell totally fails here.
Stuart B

January 8, 2007
Not one of Will Ferrells best movies but he us always a joy to watch and Im sure it could keep the younger of us amused. I enjoyed it, but that is more about Ferrells performance than the film itself.
James A

March 4, 2006
Strike one Ferrell.
Bradley W

December 2, 2011
burgerstar
burgerstar

August 26, 2010
There is a much better movie with this same title with Eric Stoltz, Parker Posey & Eliott Gould. See that one.
Bryce I

April 24, 2011
It's a major dissapointment for both Will Ferrell, and for mediocre scripts. With nothing more than overused humor, this comedy relies on only Ferrell's comedic talent, and slow motion sketch shots.
Jackson W

June 30, 2011
Although Will Farrell is irritatingly loud in this one, it does not fail to become a soccer "Little Giants" possessing humor through the lives of child athletes.
Juan C

May 28, 2011
will ferrel is hillarious at this role as a father who goes on to be a crazed caffine powered, hillariously aggrasive machine! A
Christopher H

March 29, 2010
"Juice Box! Everyone wave goodbye to juice box! Literally wave goodbye to juice box." Hilarious as I thought it would be. Will Ferrell is the greatest. Loved watching him push kids down and taunt them like only he can.
Andrew F

June 7, 2007
I was definately disappointed by this. At some times, it is funny, but it is also really weird. Will Ferrell isn't that great in this. The only good thing is all the angry parents. Don't waste your money on it. What's up with the coffee thing??? Mike Ditka is terrible in this, and whoever cast him in this role should be fired.
Mike T

June 27, 2006
Will Ferrell is amusing in this light, entertaining flick that kids will love.
shanehaley41
shanehaley41

March 10, 2009
I am a die hard Will Ferrell fan and I'm sure that there isn't a movie that he could do that I wouldn't like. Will comes from a soccer family where his father was a junior league coach and coached him as a boy and wouldn't play him. When Will's son joins the Gladiators his father keeps Will's son on the bench too. The coach played by Robert Duvall is more concerned with winning than making his son or grandson happy. Will decides to put his son on a rival team and finds that the coach has come up missing. Will takes the job and finds himself caught up in the competition of the game and with his father, not only to beat him but to win the approval he never got as a child. Alot of fun slap stick humor that is Apatow and Ferrell.