Kiki's Delivery Service Reviews

½ April 6, 2011
An uplifting story of innocence, kindness and stamina through the eyes of a charming young girl.
June 28, 2015
One of the best movies I have ever seen. Miyazaki is a genius.
½ June 22, 2015
Love it! First Miyazaki movie I ever saw, and I remember seeing it on TV when I was about 4 years old. As like all other Miyazaki films, it is highly creative and provocative. Needs to be watched more than once, and is quite an adventure. Miyazaki is certainly Japan's Walt Disney!
½ August 8, 2014
This movie is just pure joy. Miyazaki is an expert at writing compelling characters and every one of these just hits a bullseye. Not too much happens in the way of plot, but I just so much enjoy spending time with these people/cat that I really don't care. Definitely one of Miyazaki's finest.
May 3, 2015
The famous director Miyazaki goes for a more realistic approach in this animated delight, throwing a young witch into an urban enviorment where she struggles with society as well has herself. This animated piece might not seem as spectacular as the rest of Miyazaki's works and that's probably true, yet there is a lot to be found in simple and elegant plots like these.
½ April 18, 2015
Adorable, entrañable, divertida, pura, excelente, es de Hayao...
March 20, 2015
This is only the second Miyazaki film I've seen thus far. I was surprised to see this movie progress and tell a really cool story with no real antagonist. This rare "coming of age" tale told from the female perspective was sweet, heartfelt and overall, very enjoyable.
½ March 18, 2015
Kiki has a sweetly childlike heart that sometimes falls into corny sentimentalism. In one of Miyazaki's simplest stories, we are given a unique setup in which witches exist and are even known about, but a bit of a novelty within human society. It takes time to really get going, but the spell of the film and its adorable main character eventually win out.
March 8, 2015
This and Spirited Away are my favorite of Ghibli.
½ March 16, 2013
A simple yet very compelling story about coming of age full of charm and beautiful visuals
March 3, 2015
Thank you Rena for recommend me this film. I super love it! And it drives me loving Mr. Miyazaki's works a lot lot lot more!! ????
½ February 27, 2015
Kiki's TOTAL CHICK FLICK.
NO magic. Just drama.
½ February 13, 2015
Hayao Miyazaki is like the Steven Spielberg of animated directors.

The story to Kiki's Delivery Service is about a young witch striking out on her own. At her mother's behest, 13-year-old Kiki sets out on a year-long apprenticeship with her black cat in tow. With a shaky command of her broom, she ends up in a charming little coastal town that looks like a cross between the French provincial and San Francisco. Unfortunately, the local hotels have a strict "no witches" policy and the police have taken a dim view of her recent aerial mischief-making. She's saved from the street by a kindly baker's wife, who offers her room and board in exchange for her delivering by broom the baker's wares.

While I still haven't seen Hayao Miyazaki other films yet as I'm slowly checking one out time by time, but the ones that I did watch from him has already amazed me and there's something about his films that makes me feel good about myself and I can't wait to watch his other films because this is hands down one of the greatest animated director of our generation. This guy hasn't disappointed me yet and his films is for everyone even little kids, yeah they might like it by the pretty looking colors, but I think adults can also lock on to this film has well. Hayao Miyazaki always gives you everything you always dreamed off in a anime and that's why it leaves you feeling happy and full of imagination and that most other animated films lack on. Kiki's Delivery Service is another fantastic film by him the master of anime himself.

The animation in this movie...now where do I even began with the animation. I've seen many animated films that blew my mind away with it's visually stunning effect's, but with this I think the animation in this movie and in Hayao movies do top other HollyWood animated films and it deserves to be viewed by everyone and not lifted in the shadow's. Have you every watched a Hayao Miyazaki film and got so sucked it only by the bright blue sky, there's always something about the blue skies in there's films that I could get lost in them (In a good way).

The main character Kiki was such a likable and understandable character that I already understood her and get what she's coming from. Her pet sidekick the black cat was so adorable and funny as well.

Now for the problems with the film: ...?

Overall Kiki's Delivery Service ( or Majo no takkyûbin ) is a fantastically stunning film with beautiful animation. I'm not going to give it the perfect and that's because to me this isn't like a 4/4 movie, but it's still a damn good film.
January 30, 2015
A little more action-oriented than most Miyazaki fare, but the stories, characters and the world inside them are as brilliantly created as you'd come to expect from Studio Ghibli. Full review later.
January 29, 2015
Awwww! C'était tellement mignon, on retombe complètement en enfance et le minou m'a fait flipper dans le bon sens. Beaucoup d'amour, de spontanéité, de bonté et de tendresse, il n'y a pas beaucoup d'actions (on s'attend pas à un Stallone mitraillette au cul bien entendu) et puis tant mieux. J'ai bien aimé, excellent avant le sommeil.
½ January 11, 2015
An imaginative coming-of-age yarn about a charming young witch searching for her place in the world. Beautifully animated and stunningly acted (Kirsten Dunst and Phil Hartman are perfectly cast as our protagonist and feline best friend Jiji in the English voiced version), this is a sheer delight from the very first frame. Championing the power of creativity, this is a must-see family film.

Also known as 'Witch's Delivery Service'.
½ January 5, 2015
Has a few awkward moments, but overall a very charming tale.
January 4, 2015
Magical, enchanting, nostalgic...
½ December 21, 2014
A simple tale about a girl trying to find her place in the world that is relate-able for older audiences, with some magic and a wise-cracking cat to keep the young ones' attentions. Not too much to say, just a really likeable flick.
September 23, 2007
A heartwarming and fun coming of age tale about witch in training in her first year abroad on her own. Its a very imaginative and impressive film, with lots of theme of leaving the nest, as well being one of the few movies to still be exciting without an antagonist present.