Weekly Ketchup: Threequels for Kill Bill, Transformers

Summary

This week's Ketchup includes new movies for Leonardo DiCaprio and Hugh Jackman, sequel news for Kill Bill and Transformers, two CGI animated movies about the weird twists and turns of evolution and a surprising amount of news of English language remakes of foreign movies most of us didn't see (and one that a lot of us did, and loved). FRESH DEVELOPMENTS #1 QUENTIN TARANTINO CONFIRMS HIS PLANS TO KILL BILL ONE MORE TIME... IN 2014 Entertainment Weekly reports that while talking to an Italian television show, director Quentin Tarantino confirmed that he plans to revist Uma Thurman's character in Kill Bill 3. Back to Article

Comments

Cuban Raft Rider

Brandon Helpman

Another piece of Tarantino ****...

Oct 2 - 05:54 PM

Some guy you dont know

Bruce Campbell

lol award season is going to suck for you.

Oct 2 - 06:32 PM

Sean C. -The One Coz-

Sean Cosgrove

It must suck to not know anything about great film making.

Oct 3 - 12:32 PM

RJ Smoove

Ryan Rutherford

QT is awesome...you need to do your hw

Oct 3 - 01:49 PM

Keyser Soze

Sam Padgett

Tony Romo sucks.

Oct 4 - 10:08 AM

Brendan D.

Brendan Day

**** u.

Oct 4 - 02:01 PM

Basterd J

Pack Brinton

No taste and probably retarded!!

Oct 5 - 03:59 PM

inactive user

Jared King

Now Mr. Greg Dean Schmitz, expect Bay-fanboys to scream like a b**ch because you said Transformers 2 is bad. Gotta give Bay credit. He'll have to deal with the his official pwner, Megan Fox.

Thomas the Tank Engine? I forgot that exsisted. I feel liek playing with my old toys now.

A Lastly, there's "Spore"...which sounds better than just about other every video game film. But there could still be FAR better choices.

Oct 2 - 06:00 PM

Some guy you dont know

Bruce Campbell

lol award season is going to suck for you.

Oct 2 - 06:32 PM

King Thor

Chris Kalmin

I thought some of the fighting and action scenes were great in ROTF, but Michael Bay has a terrible habit of wasting and severely underusing awesome characters like Ironhide and Sideswipe, or never introducing them at all (all of the Decepticons).

It's like he doesn't actually care about the bots but only uses them to make cool scenes.

What a Transformers movie really needs is less humans on screen. A LOT LESS. I like Shia, but we really don't need much at all of anyone else. Just need robots talking and interacting with robots, i mean, that IS what the old show was. That way we get robot character development and we actually care about them, and a better movie.

(one of the best scenes in both movies was from the first one after bumble bee got captured, and the autobots were talking amongst themselves up on the building on the mountain, that was a great scene, and we need A LOT MORE of that)

Oct 2 - 06:46 PM

inactive user

Jared King

Uhh, we need a little more of Shia LeBeouf...and a LOT MORE of Megan Fox.

Oct 2 - 07:04 PM

martinscorsese25

christopher cantos

@ledawg

Shia CAN be funny so a little of him won't hurt. i agree there should be plenty of Megan Fox... but i would also want NONE of Michael Bay...

maybe if Bay do the project the he always says he wanted to do(a small project). he might learn all the ****ty things he is doing in his summer blockbusters

Oct 2 - 07:54 PM

inactive user

Jared King

@martinscorsese25: Yes, NO Bay! For ANY movie! He shouldn't have been allowed to make any films after "Armageddon", and should've been punched in the face for making "Bad Boys II"..."Pearl Harbor" sucks too. And I bet "Transformers 2" sucks, but I don't plan on seeing it. The way I see it, I can get robot action with Megan Fox and Shia saying "No no no no no!" all the time in the first "Transformers". Which I liked, but not as much as the 80's cartoon.

@Floor Man: I love me some action, sex, noise, and general lack of thinking in films, but Bay's films are so stuck up in that department, with boring action more often than not (except "The Rock" and "Transformers") lame characters, and painfully long lengths. If you're gonna be mindless, be short.

But, if you want mindless fun from 2009, there's really no shortage. "Terminator Salvation" was pretty mindless, and had some unintentional laughs, with lines like "The devils hands have been busy."...gross.

Oct 2 - 08:33 PM

Bruce S.

Bruce Smith

she is not a good actor, no matter how hot she is

Oct 3 - 07:10 AM

RoadDogXVIII

Michael Zimmerman

Well, Sam Witwicky was an important character in the "Transformers" universe. Maybe keep the character. But I don't see Michael Bay going much beyond the romantic courtship between Sam and Mikaela. If they do, then it's gonna wind up almost as schmaltzy as the second one and Peter/MJ's romance in "Spider-Man 3". From what I recollect, there was so much drama on set, but let's allow Steven Spielberg some control and focus on the fantastical aspects that made the first one so memorable. And Megan Fox has problems herself (which I'm sure you'll guys find jokes about it), so all jokes aside, she needs to get some professional help. Otherwise, it'll be 2009 all over again and she'll come off looking like one of the twats from "The Hills" (LC not included; apparently it's said that she's one of the more edjucated of the bunch).

Oct 2 - 07:52 PM

RoadDogXVIII

Michael Zimmerman

Sorry, I meant "educated". God, I don't know why I put the "j" there. XD

Oct 2 - 07:53 PM

inactive user

Jared King

Uhh, we need a little more of Shia LeBeouf...and a LOT MORE of Megan Fox.

Oct 2 - 07:04 PM

martinscorsese25

christopher cantos

@ledawg

Oct 2 - 07:54 PM

inactive user

Jared King

Oct 2 - 08:33 PM

Bruce S.

Bruce Smith

she is not a good actor, no matter how hot she is

Oct 3 - 07:10 AM

martinscorsese25

christopher cantos

yeah right... Kill Bill 3?! i would believe it once they start shooting. well atleast it may pave way for the "Whole Bloody Affair" as a promo for the upcoming Kill Bill..

ps. i would rather see Tarantino do his American Western with people like Day-Lewis, Depp, De Niro, Keitel, and DiCaprio on it's cast.

Oct 2 - 07:51 PM

Brendan D.

Brendan Day

no way daniel day lewis is a bore.

Oct 4 - 02:02 PM

inactive user

Jared King

Oct 2 - 08:33 PM

Floor Man

Floor Man

UM.

Am I the only one who recognized, despite the (apparent) lack of its cinematic brilliance, the genuine summer-movie fun of Transformers 2? It makes me wonder how it made as much money as it did if "so many" people dislike it as much as it seems they do.... I want more mindless fun, actually, so bring on Transformers 3. There are plenty of other films released every year that actually stimulate my mind; it's just nice to have a healthy balance between the two, IMO.

Oct 2 - 08:10 PM

inactive user

Jared King

Oct 2 - 08:33 PM

Paints Hz Shirt Red

krookedlegs Eagle Tail

What ledawg just said about the transformers film just proves that alot of people hated the movie before seeing it. no offense ledawg.

Oct 2 - 08:39 PM

frankdozier

William Luc-Ferris

Some movies just suck. Hands down. I don't have to waste twelve bucks and people talking on their cellphones to find out such things. When the piece of crap is playing on HBO, I'll dvr it and try to watch it over a few days. It might be worth it then...it'll be free (at least, no more than my cable bill)

Oct 2 - 09:05 PM

inactive user

Jared King

No, no, I am being a hypocrite, I can admit it. I'm sure way more than me hated "TF2" before it's release. It's just, over the years Bay hasn't given me much reason to trust him, and I'm still pissed at the decades worth of Michael Bay fans telling me how amazing everything he does is. But, no offense taken.

Oct 2 - 09:17 PM

frankdozier

William Luc-Ferris

Oct 2 - 09:05 PM

inactive user

Jared King

Oct 2 - 09:17 PM

trgdr777

C Ferguson

What the heck would a Spore movie be about?

I liked Thomas the Tank Engine as a kid, but I don't see how you can make talking trains fun to watch on the big screen.

Oh and I HATED Transformers 2. I wanted to walk out of the theater, but tickets ain't cheap (plus I rode there with a friend lol). The plot was incoherent, the fight scenes were overkill, and there was no reason to care about any of the characters because everyone was obnoxious. That said, I'll probably see Transformers 3 because I have no idea how they could make it any worse than the second.

Oct 2 - 10:11 PM

King Kubrick

Travis Earl

(insert rant about the dire cinematic future Transformers 2 represents here)
(and then hypocritically love Crank 2)

Kill Bill 3 would make my head implode from sheer ecstasy. But we must temper our excitement with the knowledge tarantino indeed talks non-stop about many projects he never actually brings to fruition.

That Hugh Jackman movie contains one of the ****tiest premises I can remember in a long time.

Oct 2 - 11:14 PM

King Kubrick

Travis Earl

scratch that I just watch the Tooth Fairy trailer

Oct 2 - 11:47 PM

King Kubrick

Travis Earl

scratch that I just watch the Tooth Fairy trailer

Oct 2 - 11:47 PM

John Mclane

Graham Robertson

Spore was a "hit" video game? really? As long as transformers 3 still has massive f*****g robots tearing **** up I will still watch it.... I might not enjoy it, but I'll still watch it.

Both my kids love thomas and although the first movie bombed (and resulted in the big nasty company that made it, sacking the woman who had started it and made it what it was.)recent feature films and DVD's have raked in a fotune. I would Imagine Pierce Brosnan will do the voice acting as he is the big narratar these days. and crap at that. All his characters sound the same and a little gay... is that cool? mabye I mean camp or effiminate. But still if any of you like me loved thomas as a kid then its heartbreaking to see it all CGI and gay/camp/ whatever

Oct 3 - 12:53 AM

sunsaz

Chris Moore

You know it's been a rough week when there's more than one idea considered to be rotten. And given the fact the next 5 years will be plagued with KB3 rumors and the announcement of ANOTHER game-to-film, you could bump that number of ideas up to five.

Oct 3 - 06:09 AM

Bohemian Rhapsody

ArmondWhiteFan Jecobs

Ledawg, perhaps they should just make Transformers 3 all about Megan Fox taking a shower. You'd love to see her naked, and I would be happy because Micheal Bay didn't direct something as bad as Transformers 2.

Oct 3 - 06:12 AM

inactive user

Jared King

Oct 3 - 11:56 AM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday