Tarantino Announces Kill Bill 3

The Bride will fight again, the director tells Italian TV

Kill Bill 3

Speaking on Italian TV talk show Parla Con Me, Quentin Tarantino announced his desire to make a third part to Kill Bill -- but insisted he wants to wait 10 years between the second and third instalments. "Yes", he told the host, after pushing her to ask him about the matter. "The Bride will fight again."

He also offered a "maybe" to an Inglourious Basterds follow-on, and a definitive "no" to continuing Pulp Fiction.

Well, 2014 is right around the corner...

The clip, via BadTaste.it, is below. It's in Italian, but you get the idea.

Comments

Mehone T.

Mehone Tebedge

That would be cool to see Vernita Greene's daughter take revenge on 'The Bride' for killing her mother.

Oct 1 - 07:16 PM

Alex L.

Alex Lynch

Sweet.

Oct 1 - 07:19 PM

RexLaboro

george glass

This doesn't make sense to me: "he wants to wait 10 years between the second and third instalments." He wants to make a part 3 but wants to wait 10 years between the second and THIRD instalments. What am I not understanding here?

Oct 1 - 07:44 PM

rooster9

Semi Aboud

Um... He wants to wait ten years before making the third movie. Kill Bill 2 (the second installment) came out in 2004. So he won't want to release Kill Bill 3 (the third installment) until 2014. Why? Who knows? He probably likes the idea a new generation of badasses on the big screen.

Oct 2 - 10:45 AM

Fail Flicks

Jack Linhart

That's a good question what AREN'T you understanding? All this means to me is that the two movies I hate more than anything I've ever seen is going to be a trilogy in a few years.

Oct 4 - 04:21 PM

Matthew M.

Matthew Matthew

You must be blind, deaf and dumb.

May 7 - 11:00 PM

Ben L.

Ben Licata

ten years between them so Kill Bill 2 came out in 2004 Kill Bill 3 2014 there is your ten years

Feb 26 - 09:21 AM

David W.

John Warner

Interesting. He could pull it off.

Oct 1 - 07:45 PM

Archmage_Quintus

Paul Crookston

That scene where the Bride talks to the lady's daughter about coming for revenge gets me every time. It's the perfect scene for that movie: the girl is like, "WTF?" and Thurman is there giving her the 101 on revenge. It's so pricelessly Tarantino.

Oct 1 - 07:46 PM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

He wants to wait 10 years because he wants Vernita Greene's daughter to get older, for the story to make sense, and her to try to get her revenge!

Oct 1 - 07:47 PM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

but, then again, that makes most sense if he wants to usee the same girl actor, all grown up.

Otherwise, I mean, gosh he could just use an older actor and say it's been 10 years, say it's 2014 in the beginning.

Oct 1 - 07:48 PM

alanlikesmovies

Alan Do

Oh this just made my day.

Oct 1 - 08:05 PM

laidtowaste

Joseph Mellano

He wants to wait ten years so Vernita Green's daughter can get older. She should be about -- just saw Tom Wait's post. Great minds think alike.

Oct 1 - 08:10 PM

Paints Hz Shirt Red

krookedlegs Eagle Tail

awesome! this is almost as good as the transformers 3 news!

Oct 1 - 08:11 PM

Seth T.

Seth Thomas

@ Paints Hz Shirt Red
hey bro u dont dis tarantino like that by putting something about a micheal gay movie on here, man thats just a disgrace

Oct 1 - 10:50 PM

Paints Hz Shirt Red

krookedlegs Eagle Tail

or what? all you post is negitive comments. dont judge on what i do.

Oct 2 - 03:38 PM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

Laidtowaste,

Thanks for the compliment!

=)

Yah, this is great news. . . I dare say better than the Transformers 3 news. . .

Oct 1 - 08:18 PM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

Oh I see now, maybe to also have Uma age the 10 years . . .

(even though he could use make-up, or, I mean she's fit and hotter than most any other woman her age right now. . . )

Oct 1 - 08:35 PM

Spurple

Zach Stephens

I don't know. Tarantino has talked about a lot of movies that he wants to do. If I am remembering correct, he has talked about this 3rd Kill Bill movie, an Anime movie telling the story of either O-Ren or GoGo, another Basterds movie, a Vega Brothers movie, another movie in the style of Grindhouse, some kind of Swedish sex film or something like that (really fuzzy on that one, but he talked about it while promoting Death Proof), and I kinda remember him talking about some kind of adaptation from a book he loved.

Tarantino is a guy that loves, loves, LOVES movies, and he has a billion things that he wants to see in a film, so he's always talking about them. I wouldn't get too excited about it until it starts shooting.

Oct 1 - 08:57 PM

Marjeez

Mar Jeez

On one side, I kind of like the Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 thing, and I'm kind of pissed about this having a third movie. (A bit of milking of series involved?)

On the other side, it's Tarantino. The man that never disappoints.

I hope that he does something before 2014, something new and original (like Basterds). With that said, I'm excited.

Oct 1 - 08:59 PM

The NewHampshire Database

Kirk McCarty

Milking the series? I wasn't aware waiting 10 years between two movies was considered milking. Moron...

Oct 2 - 09:23 AM

Jonson W.

Jonson Walker

Not really, I mean if you think that parts 1 and 2 were actually one film this is only really the first sequel. I think he has the stones to pull it off, but I would be really surprised if this ever actually happened...

Dec 8 - 05:50 AM

Costigan

spencer strausbaugh

I was going to say what Spurple said....damn you Spurple.

Oct 1 - 09:00 PM

rebranded001

rebranded001 *

HEY LOOK AT ME I'M QUENTIN TARANTINO I'M SO RELEVANT.

Time for some snappy dialogue, tons of gore and finding ways to insert myself into my own movies while I use racial slurs.

Oct 1 - 09:09 PM

Premo Beat

John Noto

He happens to be have the most consistently great output of any director to emerge in the last 20 years. Show some respect, child.

Oct 1 - 10:08 PM

Premo Beat

John Noto

Oct 1 - 10:08 PM

Wall E.

Wall E

Oh my! If I could reserve tickets already I would.

Oct 1 - 10:35 PM

Seth T.

Seth Thomas

@ Paints Hz Shirt Red

Oct 1 - 10:50 PM

Paints Hz Shirt Red

krookedlegs Eagle Tail

or what? all you post is negitive comments. dont judge on what i do.

Oct 2 - 03:38 PM

john g.

john g

How can he do that and Bill is already dead

Oct 1 - 10:54 PM

icehockeyjoel

Joel Treier

This is true... It would be have to called Kill Beatrix unless he just ignores the obvious flaw like I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, instead of being I Still Know What You Did 2 Summers Ago

Oct 3 - 10:50 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

<em>Let's Be Cops</em>
Let's Be Cops

Video: Riggle, Key, and Wayans Jr.

Box Office