Kill for Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kill for Me Reviews

½ May 7, 2013
Decent movie. Similar story to some others, so not terribly original. The ending, however, did give it a nice twist...
January 17, 2013
A great thriller with extreme suspense and a great ending. Katie Cassidy really knows how to act. worth a watch.
August 20, 2014
Wednesday, August 20, 2014

(2013) Kill For Me
SUSPENSE THRILLER

Co-written and directed by Michael Greenspan with Amanda Rowe (Katie Cassidy) finally agreeing with former friend and young teenage landlord to rent out Amanda's best friend's 'Natalie Ross' bedroom since she's nowhere to found therefore, declared missing. By the time the new roommate, by the name of Hayley Jones (Tracy Spiridakos) moves in, it isn't too long that it becomes another Hitchcock's "Strangers On A Train" scenario with tiny glimpses of "Single White Female" with a twist. The movie depends more on circumstances, so to reveal anymore would pretty much ruin it for the viewers. One of my main problems is that it leaves me with more questions than answers as some of the main characters situations are not fully developed.

2 out of 4 stars
May 18, 2014
The movie itself was great, it even had a bit of "Love" in it! But Katie Cassidy and Tracy Spiridakos were AMAZING!! Their scenes together were very... real. Very sad ending though, but watch it, you'll be glad you did.
½ April 10, 2013
...a daring and twisted suspense thriller built on enigmatic characterization and a tricky aim at storytelling.
October 24, 2013
I gave this 2 stars mostly for Katie Cassidy being a phenomenal actress. She plays traumatized really well. The writing in this film is bad and at times nonsensical. The two leads seem to try to have chemistry and while it works (for the most part) with Katie Cassidy, Tracy Spiridakos just comes off as creepy and insane. The main plot of the movie has so many little plots thrown in that it stumbles its way to the ending of the film. Also, the ending is no great twist either. In the end when they reveal what happened to the first roommate, it doesn't feel earned, it feels like they just threw it in there to give all the story lines a conclusion with no real thought put into how they should fit. I thought the main leads acted as best they could with the script they had, I just kept finding myself wishing that I was watching them act in a better film.
½ May 26, 2013
Despite some good twists, Kill for me is a middle class thriller that is not bad but not great either.
½ May 7, 2013
a great thriller with a great ending
February 15, 2013
For some reason katie cassidy turns me the eff on and Im straight as hell. I dont give this up to too many but she could get it. Ever since I saw her on Supernatural then Melrose I thought this bada55 chick was sexy as hell. Its her natural bada55 status plus her look. Reminds me of me. Anyway the movie was ok I wouldnt rate it at all if Katie hadn't of been in it. But it gets 3 stars because she was. Good story kinda predictable but ends with a twist. The girl grl scenes could've been longer. Just saying. That chick turns me on like crazy. If you can do that to me. You're the shznit.
Matt S.
½ February 16, 2013
Kill for Me was a surprisingly efficient direct to DVD thriller, with shades of Diabolique, Wild Things and Monster. The film has an old-fashioned vibe about it and took its time developing the story and its characters. At the same time it didn't reveal too much, making the film very suspenseful, mysterious and sexy. The film didn't have too much violence but when it did it was shocking enough to make you feel uneasy. With all of the lousy thrillers being released to theaters every year, Kill for Me is a breath of fresh air even though it might be too straightforward sometimes for more hardcore genre buffs.

Katie Cassidy was absolutely stunning in this film; she gives her very best performance of her career so far! Katie plays Amanda, a college student who is trying to move on after her roommate and friend vanishes without a trace. Amanda is also dealing with an abusive ex-boyfriend who is now stalking her; she decides to look for a new roommate to help pay the rent. She soon meets Hailey who also is trying to movie on from an abusive and tormented past, they instantly become roommates and form a bond that leads to a sinister turn of events. Hailey is played by newcomer Tracy Spiridakos, who also stars in the series Revolution. Tracy gives a captivating performance and I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, she is a promising new talent to keep tabs on in the future. Donal Logue, who is from one of my favorite series that is now canceled, Grounded for Life, makes a surprising turn as Hailey's dad and was quite good.

Director, Michael Greenspan definitely improved his game here than his last effort Wrecked, which was a very disappointing movie and was on my bottom list of 2011. His latest film Kill for Me was atmospheric, suspenseful and has a great twist ending that was satisfying for the most part. Sure the premise is nothing all that new, but the way he handle it though, made it his own effective thriller of wronged women getting revenge. The writing wasn't fantastic but it's an improvement from his last picture as it's much more coherent with Christopher Dodd teaming up with him again since working on the film Wrecked. They definitely took a step in the right direction this time around.

Overall, Kill for Me is the first good thriller of 2013. It has two appealing leading ladies, brooding atmosphere, suspenseful story and a satisfying twist ending. Nothing too original here though, but still it's a well executed film. Recommended!

7 out of 10