Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988)
Average Rating: 6/10
Reviews Counted: 16
Fresh: 12 | Rotten: 4
Killer Klowns from Outer Space's title promises darkly goofy fun -- and more often than not, the movie delivers.
Release Date: Jan 1, 1988 Wide
Average Rating: 2.9/5
User Ratings: 42,445
This low-budget cult classic horror spoof has one of the great movie titles of all time. Mike (Grant Cramer) and his sweetheart, Debbie (Suzanne Snyder), are smooching on lover's lane when they see what appears to be a meteorite crashing over the horizon. They loosen their liplock long enough to investigate and find a curious circus tent. There they discover malevolent clowns who stop their victims with popcorn-shooting guns and acid-drenched pies in order to feast on human blood. The
Jan 1, 1988 Wide
Aug 28, 2001
Officer Curtis Moone...
Farmer Gene Green
John Allen Nelson
Officer Dave Hanson
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Boy, you know, I really like the Chiodo Brothers' Killer Klowns from Outer Space. I can't help it.
The title alone encourages immediate dismissal, but for those on the hunt for something miles away from the norm that showcases truly inspired moviemaking minds, Killer Klowns from Outer Space is a superb cult distraction.
'Can't Sleep, Clowns Will Eat Me.' Not just pretty words, thanks to the Chiodo brothers.
It's a one-gag movie, but while some of the iterations of that gag are about as hilarious as a squirt in the face from a plastic flower, a few are genuinely rib-tickling.
This krazy, kooky movie strings together the creature feature with the alien movie, and pumps it full of dark humour
Warped fun with memorably weird ideas, effects and costumes
The name says it all, and the movie delivers.
Yes, it's goofy but the klowns really are killer.
Audience Reviews for Killer Klowns from Outer Space
- Officer Curtis Mooney: Don't worry Dave, we just want to kill you.
- Officer Curtis Mooney: Killer clowns from outer space... Holy shit!
- Paul Terenzi: I'm Jo-Jo the ice cream clown, we'll give you a stick, you'll give it a lick. And it'll tickle you all the way down. Ice cream, ice cream, we brought our goodies here to you! A tasty treat for while you screw! Let's take a break! Cool off those hot lips with our frozen fruity bars! Icy-wicy, fudgy-wudgy bars. And everyone's frozen delight, the lick a stick!
- Mike Tobacco: Another Door?
- Punk #2: What are you gonna do? Knock my block off?
- Farmer Gene Green: What are you going to do with those pies, boys?
Discuss Killer Klowns from Outer Space on our Movie forum!