Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988)
Average Rating: 6/10
Reviews Counted: 17
Fresh: 12 | Rotten: 5
Killer Klowns from Outer Space's title promises darkly goofy fun -- and more often than not, the movie delivers.
Release Date: Jan 1, 1988 Wide
Average Rating: 2.9/5
User Ratings: 42,561
This low-budget cult classic horror spoof has one of the great movie titles of all time. Mike (Grant Cramer) and his sweetheart, Debbie (Suzanne Snyder), are smooching on lover's lane when they see what appears to be a meteorite crashing over the horizon. They loosen their liplock long enough to investigate and find a curious circus tent. There they discover malevolent clowns who stop their victims with popcorn-shooting guns and acid-drenched pies in order to feast on human blood. The
Jan 1, 1988 Wide
Aug 28, 2001
Officer Curtis Moone...
Farmer Gene Green
John Allen Nelson
Officer Dave Hanson
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Chiodo takes an alien invasion plot familiar from the 50s, and makes it all his own by rigorously and liberally painting it with every clown reference imaginable.
Boy, you know, I really like the Chiodo Brothers' Killer Klowns from Outer Space. I can't help it.
The title alone encourages immediate dismissal, but for those on the hunt for something miles away from the norm that showcases truly inspired moviemaking minds, Killer Klowns from Outer Space is a superb cult distraction.
'Can't Sleep, Clowns Will Eat Me.' Not just pretty words, thanks to the Chiodo brothers.
It's a one-gag movie, but while some of the iterations of that gag are about as hilarious as a squirt in the face from a plastic flower, a few are genuinely rib-tickling.
This krazy, kooky movie strings together the creature feature with the alien movie, and pumps it full of dark humour
Warped fun with memorably weird ideas, effects and costumes
The name says it all, and the movie delivers.
Yes, it's goofy but the klowns really are killer.
Audience Reviews for Killer Klowns from Outer Space
- Mike Tobacco: Holy shit!
- Officer Curtis Mooney: I don't know who you are... But before this night is over... you're gonna be begging for mercy.
- Slug: What are you in for?
- Farmer Gene Green: What in tarnation is going on?
- Farmer Gene Green: I'll tear this thing apart with my bear hands!!
- Officer Curtis Mooney: They wanna play games? Their messing with the wrong guy.
- Debbie Stone: Nobody's gonna put me in a balloon again!
- Mike Tobacco: Isn't this place great or what? It looks like it was decorated by Klowns R Us.
Discuss Killer Klowns from Outer Space on our Movie forum!
Featured on RT
- Les Clowns tueurs venus d'ailleurs (FR)