Killer Workout (Aerobi-cide) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Killer Workout (Aerobi-cide) Reviews

thefog1331
March 24, 2010
Another 80's slasher that I had never heard until my friend Beefy brought it to my attention so thanks.
Theres ample amounts of skin and skin-tight clothing but its sorely lacking in the creative deaths department although the killer does use one of the most original (and ridiculous) murder weapons--a giant safety pin. What signifigance it has or what purpose it could possibly serve in the real world is beyond me but it does make for some humorous deaths.
I also have to give it props for leaving me guessing as to who the killer was even though there were several clues along the way that I seemed to have misconstrued as red herrings.
Far from the best of the subgenre but it does fit nice and snuggly right in the middle.
Beefy
½ July 17, 2008
Chock full of awesome 80's tease and sleaze, with amateurs across the board bringing their busoms a'bouncing to the beats, I had never heard of this low budget horror gem before, but it was completely entertaining for all of the wrong reasons. Gloriously ridiculous fun for those with an affection for this kind of thing.
December 23, 2011
Beautiful people are stupid as hell, the killer's weapon is a giant safety pin..... The ending was stupid, just to remind you what a terrible movie you have watched
August 2, 2014
An absolutely idiotic 80s slasher that alternates between lengthy "workout" scenes and killing, Killer Workout is true cheese as it blends awful 80s pop, constant spandex-clad women, and killing into something that is perhaps memorable but only in the most superficial of ways. More entertaining as a comedy than a slasher film, Killer Workout probably remains a forgotten 80s slasher for a reason....
½ September 17, 2013
This is one of a handful of movies that a certain group of interweb friends have talked about at great length and made out to be simply ridiculous and wonderful at the same time, and I have to say that as far as zero budget 'so-bad-it's-good' fare goes, this one is close to the top and is something I'd highly recommend checking out.

Such a fun/awful film, and well worth tracking down.

Rental?
½ January 6, 2011
Every once in a while you watch a movie that reminds you why you watch bad movies in the first place. This is one of those movies. With the perfect blend of leotard hip thrusting and safety pin stab wound death sequences Aerobicide is one experience you're likely to never forget.

I'll set it up for you. Rhonda has a workout place called ... Rhonda's Workout. People start dying there in bunches. Dim witted detective Morgan is on the case! After stumbling blindly from one victim to the next he finally pieces together who the killer is. But will he be able to stop their master plan? Nah.

You know, I think the writer of Death Spa must've ripped this movie off. Think about it. Death Spa came out a year later in 1988 with a very similar premise. A health club killer. Don't believe me? What about this still? Look at what is spray painted on the window!

Where Death Spa is about possession and technology, Aerobicide is about good old fashioned mindless slaying for the sheer sport of it. So I guess we now have the luxury of choosing which 80's health spa slasher movie we'd rather see. An odd parallax if I do say so myself.

The killer in Aerobicide uses an oversize safety pin to stab their victims to death. What a great idea. I can guarantee you that is original to this movie. Before this I doubt that idea ever left the napkin storyboard stage. In Aerobicide however, the idea is fully "fleshed" out.

So this guy named Chuck Dawson (played by Ted Prior) takes it upon himself to stop the madness. Right from the word go we see what a stand up guy he is. He punches a guy senseless and ditches his first day on the job at Rhonda's Workout to have sex. He mops well and does a decent job of hiding in bushes. He doesn't see the crime in breaking and entering as long as it for a good reason. He likes to punish the innocent harshly, in the face, based entirely on incomplete situational knowledge. Everything goes pretty well for Chuck until he rams his body into a muscle car and a man with a large pointy object. Other than that though, he totally had it covered. What a guy.

So what makes this movie such a good time to watch? Everything. The mindless slaughtering of hordes of deservingly ham fisted youths is a good reason. Or you could always just watch it for the fantabulous aerobic workout dance numbers. Either way you win. I highly recommend getting together with your friends and popping this schlockfest into your "conveyance of video joy" device as soon as possible. You won't soon regret it.
December 23, 2011
Baz
½ April 8, 2010
It's a semi-slasher. semi-cop/detective movie. The movie goes off on tangents at time but overall a watchable film. Especially considering it was made in the mid-80s. Not to mention some very hot babes doing all kinds of funky aerobics. That alone makes it a definate watch.
June 24, 2005
very scary, well humorous horror flick bout a guy offing people with a big safety pin!