Killing them Softly is a waste of 90 minutes of your life.

Pretentious, boring, painful to watch. Watching Killing them Softly is a waste of 90 minutes of your life.
Larry Tamkin
12-16-2012 08:09 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Lisa Aloysius Berman

Lisa Aloysius Berman

Hell of a good movie. Sounds like most of you here ain't much into characterization. But what else does a good crime flick have? I hope you all slashed your wrists after Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy.

Sep 8 - 08:25 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Entertain Me Or TIE

It's a filthy movie but nonetheless worthy of 6/10.

Aug 25 - 08:06 PM

Joe Tango

Joe Tango

The worst part is I can't get those 90 Mins back.

Jun 30 - 09:21 AM

Rami Nawfal

Rami Nawfal

This movie is proof that a 1 hour and a 30-ish minute film can feel like 5 hours, total snoozefest. If you have insomnia, pop in Killing Them Softly and I guarantee you will fall asleep. As for anyone else, please stay away, you will never get your wasted time back. I can't believe critics liked this bilge.

Jun 20 - 05:45 AM

Steve Satak

Steve Satak

Hollywood's latest love letter to our sitting President. Because, the savior!

May 26 - 12:45 PM

Rodrigo Garcia

Rodrigo Garcia

The first part is kinda funny but omg the dialoge was sooo baaaaadddd and boring and then they trow some political stuff. piece of shit movie nothing else to say and waaayyy overrated this guys are fucking nuts

May 14 - 08:56 PM

Tom Parkes

Tom Parkes

Thank you. Stopped watching after 30 minutes. I'm 60 minutes ahead.

May 6 - 04:10 PM

Philip Edwards

Philip Edwards

Totally agree. A bigger bore than Lincoln

May 5 - 03:34 PM

Gene Luke

Gene Luke

BOY your so right about that!!

May 5 - 02:44 PM

Samuel Morrison

Samuel Morrison

great film,not boring pacing is slow and there is heavy dialogue but perhaps some people just want constant explosions and if thats the case go watch a micheal bay film

Apr 7 - 05:45 PM

Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Totally predictable and forgetable. Thankfully Redbox gave me a free promo code so I didn't waste any money on this turkey. I expected a lot more interesting plot twists from a flik with Pitt, Liotta, and Gandolfini.

Apr 2 - 08:31 PM

Emperor Chase Steele

Emperor Chase Steele

The movie is a pretentious political statement and nothing else. I have no fucking clue why Gandolfini was even casted. His character was a pointless way to fill 20 minutes. I haven't the slightest idea as to why this is has a 76% rating.

Apr 1 - 11:00 AM

pat

Pat S.

Because anti-capitalist = good reviews

Apr 12 - 06:58 AM

Gene Luke

Gene Luke

PLEASE FORCEFULLY SHOVE YOUR HEAD UP YOUR FECAL EXIT AND BLOW WIND

May 5 - 02:45 PM

Dane Clayton

Dane Clayton

this movie is good.....yure a fucking idiot

Apr 1 - 10:57 AM

Lord Tutweiller

Lord Diego John Tutweiller of Trolldonia

*This, *you're, *idiot.

Apr 26 - 05:01 PM

Vince Beretta

Vince Beretta

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, oh is it over? I must have fallen asleep ...

Mar 31 - 11:34 AM

OJ Sullivan

OJ Sullivan

I cant explain in words how bad this movie is. It has to be the worst movie I have ever seen!!!! No sense! poor quality! i could go on and to top it off I spent 5 bucks to rent the damm thing!! shame Brad!!!

Mar 26 - 04:24 PM

Taylor B.

Taylor Born

You have no idea what poor quality is if this is poor quality to you.

Mar 30 - 10:28 PM

Jao Romero

Jao Romero

agreed. they should have called it Boring Them Softly. at least the audiences would have gone in knowing what they were in for.

Mar 19 - 09:01 AM

David Tanny

Big Fat Jewish Guy

Why would audiences go to see a movie they knew was boring?

Mar 26 - 05:18 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

i really wanted to this film, i will still rent and see what is all the fuss

Jan 13 - 10:26 AM

Daniel Carratura

Daniel Carratura

agreed if i didnt see for free i would have been so pissed even the action scenes were too slow

Jan 12 - 02:32 PM

Jarret Kerr

Jarret Kerr

Larry, you are wrong. Maybe the political soundbites were a bit much at times, but beyond that, what could you call pretentious? And let's be real, the political commentary took up a whole of five minutes of screen time (and that's being generous). Boring? How so? Not enough heads getting blown off? I don't see how you could find this film boring. I found it to be extremely tense and fascinating. Painful to watch? What planet are you from? The film is beautiful to look at. Not to mention it's supremely well written, acted, and directed. The climactic camera movements and long, nuanced dialogue scenes were some of the best moments in film this year. Pitt's ending moment was chilling. Scoot McNairy and Gandolfini are both incredibly sad and real. Gangsters as real, flesh and blood people. It's a shame neither them, Pitt, or Dominik (the director) won't get much recognition for their stupendous work, but alas, the general movie going public would rather have more of the same ol' bull crap. You included most likely. Nobody listen to this man. This is one of the year's very best, up there with Django and Holy Motors.

Dec 29 - 11:19 PM

minke p.

minke pants

I'd say the political soundbites add up to more like fifteen minutes of this dreadful movie. Anything to stretch the film out to the bare minimum 90 minutes, including half a dozen uninterrupted two minute weekly addresses by W.

Jan 2 - 05:28 AM

Jack T.

Jack Telfon

You guys are giving me brain cancer, please stop watching movies or never share your awful opinions on them again. Thanks!

Dec 29 - 03:39 PM

Spencer Guidetti

Spencer Guidetti

The only other movie ever made that was worse than this piece of garbage was Tree of Life. Between going to a movie theater and Netflix, I watch three to four movies per week....easily two thousand movies in a ten year period. 1998 were better.

Dec 21 - 10:19 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Entertain Me Or TIE

Hm, I guess there weren't enough Transformers in it for you.

Aug 25 - 08:06 PM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile