Killjoy 2: Deliverance from Evil (2002)

Killjoy 2: Deliverance from Evil

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Movie Info

Director Tammi Sutton's superior sequel to Craig Ross' dismal urban clown shocker Killjoy marks both an improvement over the original (on one-fifth of the budget) and the introduction of almost a completely new character, as Trent Haaga's portrayal of the titular bogeymen rises head and shoulders above that of Angel Vargas in the first film. A pair of juvenile detention officers and their streetwise charges head for the wilderness as part of an Outward Bound-type program, only to run into horror … More

Rating: R

as Denise
Show More Cast

News & Interviews for Killjoy 2: Deliverance from Evil

Friend Ratings

No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.

Critic Reviews for Killjoy 2: Deliverance from Evil

There are no critic reviews yet for Killjoy 2: Deliverance from Evil. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for Killjoy 2: Deliverance from Evil

Two years after Killjoy and a sequel was made. This time a group of inner city youth are sent into the woods to fix up a cabin as punishment, but are thrown off course when one of them is shot by a backwoods woman with a shotgun and their van breaks down. They hold up in a voodoo woman's house and before you know it Killjoy shows up to taunt and play with these juvenile delinquents. This sequel was just okay, but sadly it takes an almost 40 minutes before Killjoy shows up and when he does he's played well by Trent Haaga. Before it was Angel Vargas, but I guess they wanted to go with a different actor to play him. Not as good as the first movie though, but once Killjoy rears his ugly face in the later half of the film it becomes sort of fun to watch.

The Vulture

Hands down the LAST film in the universe that deserved a sequel is fucking "Killjoy" and I doubt it had enough of a following to warrant one but I guess when a films budget feels like it was only $10 it is guaranteed to make money in the end. Well two years later "Killjoy 2", an even lower budgeted sequel, infected video store shelves and guess what... it's basically as bad as the shit original with one aspect I dug a little more to warrant it a half a blood drop higher in it's dismal rating.

Some inner city troubled youths are taken by their parole officers into the middle of the country to do some therapeutic bull crap. Of course they break down in a non-cell service area (here's a hint, don't take dangerous youths to areas with no cell service!) so one of cops has to hike to a nearby house where one of the fuck-ups gets his ass shot off for trespassing. Needing help they plead with some voodoo babe but not before one of the girls calls upon the demonic clown Killjoy (Why? Still not quite sure) who predictably decides to go on a rampage.

It's hard to believe but this sequel even ad a LOWER budget than the original, by about a 100 grand! Even with a much lower budget (which is hard to imagine) the style of this film is a hair better thanks to a director making this look like an actual film as opposed to a home movie. They are able to do this by shooting most of the films plot in the woods (a staple of all low budget cinema) and by having Killjoy appear in the 'real' world as opposed to victims being sucked into his demonic realm (hence no shitty computer effects... YAY!). The acting on the other hand is just as shitty as the first and the plot is just as toilet paper thin.

What I like about this sequel better (hence the higher rating) is the recasting of Killjoy with actor Trent Haaga. This guy throws all he has into the role making it energetic and he even got me to snicker at a few of his bad "Freddy Kruger" comedic one-liners. Even a snicker is better than tying a noose around my neck, which I did while watching the original.

I 'enjoyed' "Killjoy 2" ('enjoy' may not the proper term) thanks to the new actor playing the title character, but this is still a shit film in the bottom of the barrel of brown trout. The acting and script makes this damn near unwatchable and just when I was about to shut the damn thing off, Trent Haaga as Killjoy appeared to making it barely viewable to the very end. Did they make a "Killjoy 3"? Of course they fucking did but at least it only gets better from here.

I suggest that you stick around for the credits. You will get to hear an original song written FOR the movie.

Jennifer Hollywood

Killjoy 2: Deliverance from Evil Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Killjoy 2: Deliverance from Evil on our Movie forum!