Better or worse than original (question 2:better or worse than 1976 version?)

better
Kevin DeLoughry
11-24-2012 12:21 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Luke Dobson

Luke Dobson

Not as good as the original but much better than than the 1976 movie.

Aug 13 - 08:13 AM

Kevin DeLoughry

Kevin DeLoughry

I only asked the '76 question because I read one of the user reviews on the '76 rottentomato page and it said the 2005 one was "wretched" and the '76 was "alright" so i figured there was some debate. I was wrong

Apr 13 - 12:40 PM

Salman Venthol

Salman Venthol

HANDS DOWN.WAAAAAAY BETTER THAN THAN THE 1976 FILM.

Mar 24 - 09:13 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

P.J.'s King Kong is much better. First of all, I was emotionally invested with the characters, and the whole tragedy aspect is much more clear and heart shattering, because Kong is portrayed as much more sympathetic and realistic(thanks to a terrific performance by Andy Serkis). Also, it looks great.

I have some minor nitpicks, like the "brontosaurus pile-up" that was too overblown. I can't think of the others right now.

I like the original, due to the great stop-motion effects, and it's a childhood favorite of mine, so it has nostalgia points. But I prefer Jackson's.

Didn't bother with the '76 version.

Feb 27 - 11:11 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

Love this movie. Haven't seen the original but I've seen the 1976 version and I didn't like it.

Feb 11 - 01:58 PM

hadisyd

Mike Richards

Well, better but this movie still did not impress me.

Jan 27 - 04:35 AM

Kevin DeLoughry

Kevin DeLoughry

I thought it was excellent personally. Unfortunately, it does contain Peter Jackson shlock but for what its worth 9.5/10. I swear to god that insect pit was so well done that we could be back in Peter Jackson's LOTR movies. I half expected that spider in ROTK to show up

Jan 9 - 04:09 PM

Zach Wisz

Zach Wisz

This movie's actually really cool. Everyone else is mad because they can't contain an attention span that lasts more than 90 minutes. Great movie.

Dec 4 - 02:38 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile