King's Game (Kongekabale) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

King's Game (Kongekabale) Reviews

PantaOz
August 21, 2009
Rookie movie which is one of the best political thrillers I ever watched. Intelligent, edgy?
½ January 7, 2015
A very well acted and directed political drama.
May 3, 2014
Nice - house of cards feeling in the movie
January 2, 2014
Intelligent political thriller...Very good start for the director Nikolaj Arcel.
November 13, 2013
King's Game takes its time to ensure it delivers one message to you; there are hunters, and there are prey.
For the rest of the hunt you'll be watching both trying to figure out which they are. If you can tell then you're doing well!
With a level of acting seamless enough to make you forget it's acting, a score that's replaced its strings section with tension & tease and cinematography that understands how to revel in the subtleties of a character, it stands out as a film with direction, confidence and merit earned on its own terms.
If you're bored by good-guy / bad-guy political showpieces eager to explore burning moral dilemmas (yuk!) then this is the antidote you've been looking for. I almost don't want to recommend it, because then I might run into someone and say "hey have you seen Kongekabale? It's ab--- oh you've seen it?... Damn."
January 12, 2013
A gripping political drama that reminds one of a John Grisham book.
September 9, 2010
Pretty cool Danish political thriller.
½ January 20, 2010
Fin kritik af vores "demokrati" og dets uofficielle spilleregler.
½ September 30, 2009
Nah, not very thrilling. The acting is ok and is a good movie in many ways. Danish politics is not my strongest side but I hoped the flick would be enjoyable anyway. The main problem is actually the lack of tention in my poinion. It's not a thrilling thriller, just a political crime movie.
PantaOz
August 21, 2009
February 15, 2009
I have seen this about 5 times now and I think it gets better for more time you seen it. I thought it is a great movie with a good story and one of the best Danish movies
½ February 4, 2009
Udmaerket film om verdenen paa borgen og om hvor korrupt og langt ude tingene kan vaere, saa snart det handler om penge og/eller magt...
November 25, 2008
Pokkers god film, fremragende skuespillerpræstationer af både Søren Pilmark og Anders W. Berthelsen.
Really great movie - watch it!
October 23, 2007
One of the best Danish movies made. This movie has the guts to look and feel different than a lot of the gutter trash the Danish movie industri churns out. Great acting; Soren Pilmark, Anders W. Berthelsen and Lars Mikkelsen provide us with excellent performances. A great story; more enthralling than the usual Danish romantic comedies. And finally the film gets full marks for daring to be different.
March 8, 2008
Great movie, the book is better though..
March 2, 2008
It was for sure not a thriller
February 20, 2008
A perfectly acceptable and well crafted Danish version of an american political thriller
½ January 14, 2008
Very average and completely unrealistic journalist thriller. Varied cast performance and predictable plot development. And blue color filter throughout. Denmark can do better.
½ December 27, 2007
An interesting movie that I saw trailered sometime ago, but I'm not sure it ever made it to UK cinemas. I finally got round to picking up the DVD and I did enjoy it - however, I also had some reservations...

The two problems I had were that a) the cover-up didn't seem to be that massive an issue. Obviously it was a bad thing and shouldn't have been done, but I didn't get the feeling of 'nail that bastard to the wall' - more 'that wasn't very nice but I guess in politics you've gotta do what you can.'. Perhaps that says more about British and US politics as those are the systems I know. Oh, and b) the stakes weren't high enough - ie I never felt our lead character was in that much danger from the story he was chasing.

So overall it was an interesting diversion but I think that it suffers in comparrison to House of Cards and State of Play, both of which feature bigger 'conspiracies' and put the lead charatcers at greater risk, while saying more about the state of politics.
½ November 17, 2007
Den sidder lige i skabet!