Kiss Of The Damned Reviews

March 21, 2013
Trailer was better than movie.
½ November 5, 2013
A nice and different approach of vampirism.
½ November 5, 2013
Almost plotless and I got bored really quickly. So pretty much star to Milo Ventimiglia ;)
November 3, 2013
With different male lead this might have been somewhat classyish erotic vampire story. It has good and strong female cast, nice soundtrack and even interesting atmosphere every now and then, but it still fails in so many ways..
November 2, 2013
Tyylitrippinä huippu, mutta ei lopulta oikein toimita sitä mitä lupaa.
October 29, 2013
I really am not sure why they felt the need to describe this as "glossy and stylized" to resemble the classic vampire movies. It doesn't stand out in that way or any other way. It's not terrible, not good either...but if you're in the mood for some vampire sexploitation then this will satisfy.
½ September 4, 2013
A deliberate throwback, complete with slightly arch acting, slooooOoow-mo, and clunky as fuck dialogue. And yet the generally stylish directing and design (and the music) and the overall not-too-serious tone makes it trashy fun, if vampires are your thing.
½ October 14, 2013
Dark and gritty, Kiss of the Damned is a morose and uninspired vampire tale. After a femme fatale named Djuna sires a writer to be her vampire lover her sister Mimi comes to stay with them, but Mimi's reckless ways threaten to expose the local vampire community. The story is unfocused and doesn't follow through on the plot threads that are set up. Additionally, the acting is weak and the characters are underdeveloped. Mundane and lifeless, Kiss of the Damned is an insipid horror film that's poorly crafted.
October 6, 2013
This could have been a really great vampire movie, if it wasn't for the fact that the filmmaker seems to be fixated on the style of the 70s french erotic vampire films. At the time it was a new approach, but with the like of True Blood, now all looks quite dated. Which is a shame as the underlying story of the vampire lovers trying to forge a "normal" life is for the most part quite well done. And there are glimpses of how terrifying they really can be as a couple stranded by the road are hunted down. Overall OK but you wish the director had enough self-belief to do something of their own rather than falling back on 40 year old cliches
½ October 5, 2013
Se há coisa que os filhos de John Cassavetes não herdaram do pai foi a capacidade de fazer filmes capazes de marcar alguém para a vida. Xan Cassavetes estava no bom caminho, com o óptimo documentário "Z Channel - A Magnificent Obsession", mas espalha-se ao comprido nesta primeira tentativa na ficção. Também não era fácil entrar e ganhar logo num género especialmente susceptível a provocar desastres e equívocos: o filme de vampiros, em que as criaturas têm sentimentos semelhantes aos das pessoas normais e surgem ao longo de toda a duração do filme (e não apenas quando é necessário pregar um susto ou haver esguichos de sangue apontados à lente). O argumento de Xan Cassavetes trata dos vampiros com uma humanidade invulgar (repare-se nas necessidades afectivas da protagonista Djuna), mas também pressupõe que todos são tarados sexuais por natureza e que vivem num constante dilema moral em relação às suas vítimas (excepto a vampira fatal e má). Portanto ainda não é desta que o filme de vampiros "inteligente" encontra a sua fórmula apurada. Na verdade, "Kiss of the Damned" fica muito mais perto de ser uma trivialidade trash (ou um "Twilight" indie) do que outra coisa qualquer.
May 29, 2013
31 Days of Horror (2013): #31
½ September 15, 2013
A wicked vampire love story.
September 9, 2013
Not bad but definitely not a movie that I would like to watch again.....if you like Milo or Joséphine you will want to see it but other than that I don't find anything special or remarkable about "Kiss of the damned"....
½ June 26, 2013
I've always been a great fan of real vampire movies so I was particularly eager when I heard that Xan Cassavetes was making a "gritty, erotic" vampire movie. I will be frank and brief; there was no apparent storyline and just as one appears the movie ends with a stereotypical "She got hers" ending. Due this severe lack of substance the movie failed to engage and the paradox's within the storyline were distinctly two dimensional; like the writer was trying to add depth but failed as they were never revisited. The movie itself had a lack of flow and felt more like a series of unrelated concepts shoddily edited together. As for the acting; it was ghastly, wooden and utterly uninspiring. Even the sex was lackluster. The only redeeming quality of the movie was the music, so thank God for that. However, ultimately this movie was a waste of time, even the most rabid vampire movie fans would feel nothing.
½ August 30, 2013
Although a fresh and nice twist on the gothic vampire story, I'm getting tired of these semi-romance, almost horrorish flicks. I want a new 30 days of night badass vampire movie.
August 31, 2013
Terrible movie. Nothing else to say.
August 31, 2013
Loved it. Wanted to see more.
½ August 26, 2013
Almost worse than Twilight
August 23, 2013
A group of sexy vampires. One breaks up the unity and has to go down.
August 14, 2013
I'll admit it. I got this flick because it looked like the antithesis to 'Twilight', albeit a trashy converse. I knew it couldn't be terribly good, when the "major" star of the flick was Milo Ventimiglia ("Heroes"). Although, I do think he's better than many of the A-list stars (read: Robert Pattison) filling multiplexes these days. However, his lovely co-stars, Josephine de La Baume, Roxane Mesquida, and Anna Mouglalis are unknowns and still chew up the screen more than Kristen Stewart ever could. The flick is a little trashy, doesn't really add anything to the vampire mythos, and feels too pretentious in its filming style for its own good. But at least the immortals don't sparkle.