Kit Kittredge: An American Girl Reviews

August 22, 2015
I was surprised that I liked this movie at all - I've watched several of the American Girl films with my elementary-age daughter, and mostly they are more after-school-special than traditional film. This one is different. Not only does it have a lot more humor, but it has a lot of sad moments - especially considering the historical setting near the end of the Great Depression. It gave me a chance to explain a little bit of the history of America to my own American girl, which was kind of cool.
June 1, 2015
must see for daughter
½ April 2, 2015
"Kit Kittredge" has a giddy and energetic tone that allows its mystery plot to be engaging and pleasing, while presenting its themes regarding the Great Depression with sensitivity and no sappiness.
April 1, 2015
I love this movie, Growing up I had most of the American Girl dolls and Kit was always my favorite. So when the movie came out and my favorite actress was in it I knew i had to see it. Abigail didn't disappoint me at all
June 20, 2012
It maybe sad - due to the Great Depression setting - and was marketed for kids - mainly girls - but it's surprisingly enjoyable for anyone of all ages by the heart. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
February 3, 2009
Although I actually kind of enjoyed this movie, it felt like it was missing something. Still can't pinpoint it, but I enjoyed it a great deal. It's a good family film... rather relative to today.
½ September 11, 2013
Nice children's film, with a neat little performance by Breslin.
½ September 8, 2013
Great G-rated movie about the depression.
June 5, 2013
This was a fun movie. I liked it a lot.
February 9, 2013
my kid seen this while he was at school and he loved it. i even know a grown man who loves this movie and cried in it thumbs up!!
December 11, 2012
Strong attention to period detail and talented cast (Stanley Tucci, Julia Ormond, Jane Krakowski, Wallace Shawn, Joan Cusack) who are given little to do.
November 17, 2012
Cute and good enough.
October 28, 2012
As lame as I am...I want to see this because I grew up with the American Girl dolls--owned a couple so I would see this when it comes out on DVD or Dish Network
October 13, 2012
my mom says i should have played kit!!!!
½ October 4, 2012
Pretty good movie. Give young girls a hope of becomming what you want to be if you try hard
October 1, 2012
Okay story. Sure hope the books are better since they are so popular with young girls.
½ September 6, 2012
This movie is very motivating and surprising. What a clever little girl. Her character could be the inspiration for everyone, even for the adults.
½ August 25, 2012
worst movie ever made want to kill myself
August 7, 2012
good movie - great family film
July 23, 2012
For those who've ever ordered Scholastics in School might have heard of Kit Kitteredge, if not an advid readier then perhaps a fan of HBO?

Sure HBO focuses on more risque programs, Kit is alot more safe and family friendly- the Made for Tv movie is heartwarming, entertaining and at times hilariously delicious. As a fan of Abigail since her debut in Little Miss Sunshine, it's fair to say she's come along, long way from cute and pudgy to a mature young lady. The show reminded me of a Nancy drew Mystery but during a different era (The depression). Honorable mention to Chris O'Donnell (The Father) and villianist Joan Cusack for lightening up a would be said seriously dampening storyline.