—— The Identical Sep 05

87% The Strain: Season 1
—— Unforgettable: Season 2

A Knight's Tale Reviews

December 30, 2013
It may not be a true, full knight tale because of anachronism, but you can put the word fun in the title, even though it's predictable and being "Rocky" in the Middle Ages. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
August 11, 2014
I love this movie. i think the music fits astoundingly well considering all of the crap it gets for it. Yeah, it's modern music and the movie's set in Medieval times but the entire point is to show similarities between then and the present and I thought it made it more engrossing. The story is purposely generic due to the themes of nobility and chivalry that it deals with. The acting is great, especially from Ledger, Sewell, Bettany, Tudyk, and Addy. The action is exiting and it truly puts out the tone of "war meets sport" with the jousting and swordfight sequences.
August 10, 2014
Okay, I admit it. I only watched this movie for the rock songs and the sexy Heath Ledger. Why'd you have to die so young?
August 10, 2014
Loosely inspired by Chaucer's 'The Canterbury Tales' (with Chaucer even one of the character in this), this is, to my mind, perhaps Heath Ledgers breakout role as a squire who impersonates the nobility to participate in the medieval sport of Jousting (which only the nobility were allowed to compete in).

If you can get past the obvious anachronisms - for example, "the crowd clapping along to 'We Will Rock You' before jousting matches, or the modern(ish) dance moves - it's actually not a bad film at all!
February 12, 2010
(First viewing - Teen years)
April 2, 2010
I've always loved this one. It was weighed, measured, and found not wanting.

Edit: I re-watched this recently and I genuinely can't find a problem with it. It achieves everything it sets out to be, a silly romance/sport romp set in a very loose interpretation of Medieval Britain.
November 23, 2009
Ok but bad music and a poor plot can not be saved by good actors
Wildaly M

May 25, 2007
Ledger didn't rock me but it's still quite a good, enjoyable movie. Paul Bettany 's role as Chaucer was excellent. Loved the soundtrack and didn't mind the anachronisms.
June 9, 2014
I greatly enjoy this movie. RIP Heath Ledger
August 2, 2007
I looove this movie.. it is by far probably my favorite movie ever.. plus heath ledger is a total babe!
March 13, 2014
Nothing about this movie should work, and yet it does at most levels. Some struggle to get past the identity crisis of featuring 20th century rock in a medieval tale, but it does well to set this movie apart from countless others. The jousting is the high point of the tournament and makes for some very interesting visuals. The plot moves in predictable directions at most turns, but that doesn't make it less enjoyable, thanks to good lead performances by Ledger and a highlight from Bettany. Recommended.
February 1, 2009
Under-rated movie. Very good cast and enjoyable watch.
March 29, 2011
Entertaining, but dangerously close to being overlong.
Nicolas C.
April 30, 2014
A somewhat good cast get lost in a film that butchers medieval times with modern references. And please: do shut up, Paul Bettany!!
December 3, 2011
Uplifted by pitch-perfect pacing, great performances, a witty script and a wonderful score, "A Knight's Tale" is as fun as movies get. Exciting, entertaining, and even surprisingly heartfelt at moments, this is an example of the kind of smart blockbuster that Hollywood rarely ever makes today. Heath Ledger delivers an irresistibly charming performance that has the best leading-man qualities. He's funny, endearing and clearly having a blast in one of his best roles. It makes his sudden death all the more tragic of an event. In the supporting cast, Paul Bettany, Alan Tudyk and Mark Addy light the screen on fireworks with electric screen presence. Who could forget about the dialogue, as well? It's sharp, entertaining and even deeply thought-provoking at times. "A Knight's Tale" is an incredibly underrated movie that deserves to be seen at once. In the end, the story is predictable and you may have seen it done a million times before but it's the execution that makes the movie memorable. As Roger Ebert once said, "it's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it".
June 30, 2007
Funny movie. I always wanted him to be with that one cute blacksmith chick instead of that crazy princess lady. Jeez...she was crazy. With her hair and those weird dresses. That cute blacksmith was just so little and cute and make him that awesome armor. I mean...c'mon Heath...pick up the slack, man.
ninakotenceto
February 9, 2010
Love Heath,Love the story,Love the movie! [sun``]
March 26, 2014
Not the least bit historically accurate in any way, but then when are movies ever?
But a lot of fun, never-the-less.
TheFeldster
March 20, 2014
I really liked this film when I first saw it years ago, but I think it works better as a nostalgic experience than rewatching it.

"A Knights Tale" tells the story of a peasant who wants to participate in the joust, so poses as a knight. Featuring notable actors such as Heath Ledger, Paul Bettany and Mark Addy, who do a servicable job, although they are very much just going through the motions compared to their best work, this film combines modern pop culture references with medieval scenes.

While many aspects are fun, it doesn't hold up as well as it could, and is only notable now due to the huge following of the late Ledger.
December 25, 2012