Knockout Reviews

September 1, 2011
We all know that WWE isn't in movies for the Blockbuster films it releases.
WWE though does release some great family fun movies and I appreciate that about them. Movies used to be simple at one time, you could pretty much predict the movie from the beginning to end (and while they are not typically what I enjoy as a child it's fun or with family it's fun) and that's basically what Knockout was. You knew what would happen from the very get-go and there wasn't a part of this movie that I didn't predict. It was the typical bullied boy rising up against the bullies in which he strived for respect. It wasn't about winning or losing, but, about standing up for yourself, believing in yourself, and knowing that as long as you do your best in life you'll be self-satisfied and respected by others.
WWE nailed those morals in this family-friendly movie where Steve Austin stars as Dan Barnes the school Janitor that trains the bullied nerd to be a respected boxer by the end of the movie. Austin did a good job at acting, in my opinion, in terms of WWE Superstars he's the best actor that came out of them along side Dwayne Johnson. The main character for no one I've heard of before played a fine role and while some of the others were lackluster actors and pretty cheesy in general, it was what I expected, and to me scores an average expected rating.
It's a movie that you watch with your family and children, has some good morals, and some fair acting but not so in depth that it loses the young ones. It's enjoyable and I appreciated it not for being a great amazing movie but for being what it was meant to be as it did achieve that.
April 5, 2011
This movie is literally a knockout. A strong and very inspirational movie with lots of punch and even more heart. It's The Karate Kid for a new generation. A rousing, heart-warming and truly wonderful film. A terrifically entertaining and exciting drama that has a compelling story and great characters with actors that suit them well. Finally a story about high school kids and bullying with actors who are actually the age and appearance of what average teens look like. Daniel Magder and Steve Austin are excellent, they give strong and great performances. This is Austin's best performance so far, showing he is more than an great action hero but a great actor.
August 1, 2011
Despite the unfortunate factor that it was a low budget made for tv type of movie feel...this movie delivers that lesson that never fails...the bully should never win.Enter a new student into a school Matthew Miller (Daniel Madger) that is trying to blend in with the other students, when he attempts to do so , He meets two loyal ones and two disrespectful ones that bully him with no mercy. Enter the guiding eye of Dan Barnes (Steve Austin) that used to be a pro boxer catching the sight of the new student being bullied from time to time...Dan becomes a tutor to Matthew until Matthew decides to get unauthorized consent for after class boxing lessons...so he can defend himself...from further being bullied. When he decides to enroll into a boxing class...he notices that his nemeses is also in the same class. This movie will take you on a journey to show you that you can achieve your goals if you don't give up. See this...it is true a good spirit of a movie!
March 5, 2013
What an amazing story of a underdog who won the day through hardwork and the desire to want to rise above adversity , Not a bad boxing movie wih heart overall i loved the film and the story kudos to the cast and director
½ June 17, 2015
It bores me that's something the film does but it's kinda of entertains me. Grade B-
½ June 20, 2013
Knockout is boring and cliche. It is Karate Kid meets a boxing ring, but the only difference is that it is horrible.
½ November 28, 2013
It's good for those who want to watch a character developing step-by-step. Moreover, it's a family movie that contains good advice. Not forgetting also how pleasant Austin is looking in this film.
½ April 28, 2013
I spent half the film trying to figure out which film it was trying to rip off - Karate Kid or Rocky V, and by the time it ended, I came to the conclusion it was Rocky V. The 'hero' looks like the nerdy spawn of the character 'It's Pat,' the villain is laughable, Steve Austin is far too intimidating to like, and the acting is dreadful.
March 20, 2013
Steve Austin did a good job.

The boxing wasn't so great.

Knockout is based in Tacoma, Washington. The issue I have with this movie is that Steve Austin has a Texas accent, and just about every other actor/actress in this movie has a Canadian accent. It's laughable.

The main actor Daniel Magder is over-the-top nerdy in this movie. The kid almost falls down while he's running. Come on now. I thought that could have been better.

I'd call it below average.

4/10 Stars
September 8, 2012
Movie has a lots of heart but the story has been told many times before. Its no Karate Kid a movie is tries to be like.
August 18, 2012
This feels something I would watch on a lazy Sunday afternoon during the 90's and started loving it. It's a decent film with a little above average performances. The story is about this new kid at school trying to fit in so along with the help of Steve Austin, he takes up boxing. You don't see Austin in this as much because it's focusing on the kid more but I didn't mind it. Hell, the entire school scene in this film feels more real than that latest Spider-Man film.
December 25, 2011
Among its sisters (inspirational teen fulfilling dream movies), this movie doesn't really stand out for its deepness. However, it develops with easy and a warm vincle with the viewer. I understand Mr. Austin' s reasons for doint this movie: gives him another face on his characteristical tough wise guy with the muscles. I felt it watchable on sundays.
½ July 9, 2011
An inspirational story of the new "nerdy" kid getting picked on and taking an interest in boxing. The boy struggles with his mother and step father while finding comfort in his trainer. He works from the bottom to gain confidence in his life. All around a average movie with the typical WWE Wrestler taking the weak under their wing and making them stronger.
½ May 31, 2011
Its a Run of the Mill Sports movie where one "father-less" kid comes to a new neighborhood and was being bullied until one former champ who has a turbulent past and thus hiding under some meaningless life comes to rescue.
Rest of the story you can guess.
Its loaded with all the clichà (C)d motivational one liners and superficial emotional moments yet I liked this movie as the Kid did a good job and for once Steve Austin is not the "Superman".
Movie showed more heart than expected from a direct-to-DVD and VOD film and it has a more realistic feeling the other similar movies.
So in end its not a movie for which you plan and see but rather a movie on which, if you stumble by chance then will not be disappointed.
May 2, 2011
its terrible with awful acting and fight scenes so bad it makes steven seagal seem like a genius