Critic Review - Aisle Seat

The movie has all the thematic depth of a really great arthouse film wrapped in the action and excitement of a first-rate Hollywood action picture.

April 3, 2009 Full Review Source: Aisle Seat | Comments (10)
Aisle Seat

Comments

Ashiedu N.

Ashiedu Nwadiei

Right on.

Jun 25 - 06:01 PM

Allison C.

Allison C

I'm sorry, are we talking about the same movie here?

I'll give credit to the typical-but-cool graphics we saw during the solar flare scene, but the only emotion came in the form of incredulous laughter at the sheer absurdity of the last 1/3 of the movie!

Jul 18 - 10:02 PM

shane s.

shane scully

no the reason why this movie isn't liked is first off some think its blasphemous, and second it had the whole race against time thing with no signs of the sci-fi ending, it was just unconventional and the majority was expecting a national treasure type movie and got that entire thing up until the end where they got something that seemed rediculous because it mixed two genres together

Jul 19 - 05:28 PM

Ludovic C.

Ludovic Chartier

right on

Aug 12 - 04:13 PM

Chris C.

Chris Churn

Totally agree. Brilliant film, really suspenseful and unnerving from the start and the ending is like a smack in the face. Just how films should be!

Jul 28 - 05:09 PM

Jimi G.

James Gingerich

You've never seen an arthouse film, have you?

Aug 11 - 10:06 AM

will r.

will rucker

This movie sucked so bad.

Sep 8 - 01:57 AM

waterwizard2005

Leonard Moses

The winner so far for my top 10 list of 2009

Sep 14 - 10:42 PM

The Darkhelmet

jamie sandoval

I hate the tomato consensus for this.Always pisses me off when people complain about the absurdity of a premise. This was a good movie and it entertained me. Did not see the New Age ending coming, which made me like the movie. The connection between the beg and the end is a bit of a leap..but still made sense within the rules of the story. They should have hinted more to this kind of ending though..so that it wasn't such a jump of genres all the sudden. Also...lot of occult knowledge hinted at within this film.

Sep 24 - 01:13 AM

Tom c.

Tom campbell

Loved the first 3/4 of the movie. The ending was alittle odd but it had a good message. I really liked Cages acting.

Jan 10 - 02:02 AM