Kosmos - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kosmos Reviews

½ January 3, 2014
Neither there is a substantial character, nor a substantial acting. Irrelevant interfering scenes of animals, Distant type recording is, I think, a shortcoming to catch mimics which could help the reality.Just a good scenery of Kars which is the north-eastern province of Turkey.
½ September 29, 2013
Grandiosidade sonora e de imagens. Realmente quase que vale o filme.
Quase, porque...
Kosmos tenta funcionar como uma obra de realismo mágico, como uma alegoria política
e até como um drama de personagem, mas é tão agressivamente preocupado em ofuscar e castigar
o espectador com cenas e sons que ele consegue chegar a lugar algum.
É tão portentosa e superficialmente filosófico e joga tanto com a arte que se aproxima da auto-paródia,
comprometendo o todo.
Criativo e mal-criado.
Nota 9, pelo audio-visual;
nota 3 pela pretensão.
September 2, 2013
Rare film with remarkable filmic exercise. The sheer oddness and dramatic scenery are fantastic. Kosmos laments the lack of faith that afflicts our modern world and the contemporary human, the lack of faith in existence, nature, humankind, the interconnectedness of the world.
½ September 11, 2012
Watching Reha Erdem's Kosmos alone in a cinema was a strange experience. It was a matinee and absolutely no-one else was there (apart from what we use to call an usherette). It certainly enhanced the atmosphere of menacing unreality which permeated the movie. Iâ(TM)ve rarely seen a movie that is more visually impressive than Kosmos. Set in a snowy unnamed city (actually Kars in NE Turkey, pop 76,000) it tells of the arrival of a mysterious stranger who might be a miracle worker or might be a thief and who is certainly other-worldly. Perhaps a tad overlong and perhaps a bit confused at times, even irritating, it is non-the-less bloody impressive. Casting the unknown Sermet YeÅil in the lead role was inspired. He is all black hair and gleaming teeth and wild eyes. Iâ(TM)m not yet entirely sure what I think of it, image over meaning perhaps? Or is it something that will grow, or do I mean that we will grow into? But it is just so worth seeing. I think it will be worth seeing again.
September 8, 2012
Incredible! The kind of film you can't quite describe to your friend or put in a genre category. A real cinematic masterpiece. Go watch it :)
½ August 3, 2012
Intriguing and very catching! Totally worth it! ;-)
March 26, 2012
interesting, exciting
½ March 13, 2012
Impressive, almost Dostoyevskian tale of a wandering Jesus-like figure in a remote Turkish village and how his presence disrupts its everyday life. You are never quite sure if the world depicted is a 'real' or imagined one and the atmosphere throughout is quite beguiling but the story didn't quite have enough meat on the bone to engage me to a really high degree. Having said that, the acting is superb and in visual and aural terms the film definitely inhabits its own space very well.
August 21, 2011
Película turca en la cual un forastero tiene poderes mágicos, puede resucitar y salvar a algunas personas sin embargo, aquellos que no hayan sido buenos de verdad y no se merezcan la resurrección, morirán mas adelante sin explicación, interesante historia, extraña fotografía y diálogos, es otro mundo indudablemente