La Flūte ą six schtroumpfs (The Smurfs and the Magic Flute) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

La Flūte ą six schtroumpfs (The Smurfs and the Magic Flute) Reviews

½ November 10, 2010
A cute, fluffy, fun little kids movie. The beginning is kind of boring, though, but once the Smurfs get in the story, it's pretty good.
November 12, 2012
As a child I loves the Smurfs. I haven't seen anything with the small blue creatures in years so maybe my memory is a little blurry but I don't recall them being this annoying. The Smurfs and the Magic Flute isn't that good to begin with. The animation suffices but you don't even see a smurf until about 30 minutes into the story. Perhaps my young mind use to enjoy these shows but now it was hard to get through even with my son watching it with me I fell asleep twice.
½ November 10, 2010
I looked this movie up on IMDB, it said that it first came out in Germany and Belgium in 76, and later came to the US in 83, around the time the show came here. So, I am counting this as an 80s movie. Anyway, I liked it, it's a fun movie. The beginning seemed boring, but later when the smurfs come into the picture, it gets good. If you like the smurfs, you will like this movie.
August 17, 2014
All of the smurfs look the same.

A villain steals a magic flute that was created by the smurfs. No one knows how to get to the land of the smurfs but the kingdom feels the smurfs are the only ones that can stop the villain. Can a couple young apprentices and potential influencers in the kingdom find the smurfs in time to stop the villains from conquering the land?

"Can you get a royal cushion for my royal head?"

Peyo delivers the Smurfs and the Magic Flute in his only directorial work. The storyline for this picture is fun to watch unfold and reminded me a little of the Black Cauldron. The animation was just okay and as you'd expect from a movie from this era.

"I'm afraid I'm done. I danced."

After watching the two Smurf movies with my daughter I wikipediaed the Smurfs and discovered this was the first ever storyline they appeared in. That made this a must see for us and we caught it last weekend off Netflix. I will say that it is okay and an above average cartoon. I did like how the smurfs were introduced which was definitely different from the cartoon. This is worth a viewing but far from a classic.

"No one knows the road to the land that leads to the smurfs."

Grade: C+
November 13, 2012
62%

I'm just going to recycle what someone else wrote. Those who grew up with the show, will be disoriented.
April 27, 2012
Actually, I kinda like this movie better than the Hanna-Barbera TV series. Silly little story and some really cute jokes. Thing I liked the most was the beautifully illustrated backgrounds!