La terreur des zombies (1979) - Rotten Tomatoes

La terreur des zombies (1979)

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

La terreur des zombies Trailers & Photos

Movie Info

There is some trouble in the city morgues -- unidentified Asians are removing the hearts from the corpses to use in bizarre rituals. Anthropologist Lori Ridgway enlists the help of a friend, and the two set out for a tiny island in the Pacific where the inhabitants are cannibals.more
Rating: R
Genre: Horror, Anime & Manga, Art House & International
Directed By: , , ,
Written By: Fabrizio De Angelis, Marino Girolami, Walter Patriarca, Romano Scandariato
In Theaters:

Los Angeles CityBeat

Full Review… | March 10, 2003
Austin Chronicle

Audience Reviews for La terreur des zombies

I was disappointed to discover that this isn't really a zombie film. It's more of a cannibal film, and not a very good one. It's extremely similar to Fulci's Zombi 2 in some respects, but I think there seems to be a higher amount of gore. The film isn't really all that enjoyable, but some of the gore is very outlandish and made me laugh out loud (I'm sick like that :D). It also has the gorgeous Alexandra Delli Colli running around naked a lot, so it's not a total waste of time. It's just not what you'd expect from such a great title.

Tim Salmons

Zombi Holocaust is a Cannible film, Zombie film and Mad scientist film thrown together to make one really gory movie. Some scenes are similar to Lucio Fulci's Zombi 2 such as it starts in New York and then they go into the tropical island, the Zombies in the island's church. Even two of the actors from Zombi 2 are in Zombi Holocaust.

The scenes with the Cannibles killing and eating the people are nice and gory, the Zombie make up is good and kind of similar to Zombi 2's Zombie make up. One problem is that we don't see much of the Zombies at first but halfway through the film they do show up.

The Mad Scientist elements are something new since Zombi 2 didn't have a man trying to create Zombies for his research and uses the Cannibles for his experiments. Zombi Holocaust is a great Zombie flick with some good gore effects. Check this out.

Cassandra Maples

Part Zombie movie, part Cannibal flick - 100% cheesy fun! Gore galore here amidst a story of absolute ridiculousness, but entertaining none the less. A worthy addition to either your Zombie or Cannibal DVD collection.

Lee ?

La terreur des zombies Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss La terreur des zombies on our Movie forum!