Labou - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Labou Reviews

½ June 1, 2010
I have two boys, six and three. It started off spooky for the little guy then he came around. It was a silly movie for grown ups, but the boys loved it. Makes me want to go to Louisiana. We'll be watching it again I'm sure.
June 1, 2010
The best family film in YEARS!!!! The three kids in the film are like real kids today. One is a typical bully, the other a new kid in town who is very smart and very nerdy. The girl character (Emily) stands up to the bully (Toddster) and befriends the nerd (Gavin). They go on an adventure that involves pirates, treasure, ghosts, funny bad guys chasing them, and last buy not least, they find an adorable creature named LABOU. There is a good moral to the story, but most of all, it is a lot of fun! The kids in my neighborhood are all talking about it and watching it over and over. Good clean fun! It's going to be a classic.
June 1, 2010
My kids are always dragging me into sitting through sickeningly sweet or incredibly mundane family films, and I didn't think this would be any different. But I really liked this movie! It reminded me of all the classic 80's films I grew up with, and it finally gave me leverage to convince my kids to watch some of my favorite "old" films. Tonite we watch the GOONIES. If you are a fan of it, and others like Gremlins, Harry and the Hendersons, or ET, definitely grab a copy of Labou, along with some popcorn!
June 1, 2010
A delightful children's movie with adventure, a sweet creature and a wonderful message. If you enjoyed Goonies, Gremlins and similar films, don't miss this one.
½ June 1, 2010
This is the way kids movies always used to be. Rated G, not overly preachy and yet a good moral play nonetheless. Greg Aronowitz does a great job mining the recent past for a modern good time romp for the kidlings, and by the end even us older folks might feel a pull on the heart strings too.
½ June 1, 2010
Strictly kids stuff, I don't see many adults finding it entertaining. The characters are so exaggerated and the story is so silly. Not much to recommend here.
½ July 9, 2009
Hey this was a very very cute childrens film. I was super bored out of my mind, but I'm sure kids under 10 will love it. The little creature reminded me a 80's movie, "Mac and Me" and was cute. The story was eehhh but like i said great for kids. If you have little ones at home that need a good laugh and you need 1 1/2 of some "me" time this is the one to slap in the player. If you are over 10 years old don't waste your time, lol...
½ July 6, 2009
The Goonies meets Gremlins, but for kids...and obviously nowhere near as good as that amazing combination..still, Labou is an irresistably cute critter and it's a fun flick for kids and families
June 24, 2012
Cute movie. It has a good moral to the story, and is definitely good for kids ... and good for adults who don't want to pay attention to a movie. :-)
½ April 8, 2012
This was more of a kiddie movie. It was ok. The Labo sounded more like Gizmo from Gremlins.
April 6, 2011
A surprisingly good movie.
August 18, 2010
Yes, this is a kids movie. Every once in a while (more so when I have bad days), I like to watch a family fun movie to get my mind off things. This movie is pretty cheesy, but what do you expect from noname child actors? Extra star for the quirky musical creature that tags along.
May 1, 2010
it's cute and a nice kids movie!