Kanye West Adds "Filmmaker" To Résumé

Multi-platinum selling rapper and music producer Kanye West is creating a feature film that will serve as cinescape of the United States, inspired by his own music. West will co-produce. And star, of course.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Anonymous Content and New Line Cinema will assist West in producing this wide-reaching, socially relevant project, even if the details are rather vague so far. From the looks of it, West will merely executive produce (as will his manager), while Broadway producer George C. Wolfe ("Lackawanna Blues") will direct.

From the Reporter: "The producers are assembling about six writers and 10-12 directors to craft short stories, not music videos, that will be linked by a central narrative. The movie will feature new and old music from West.

The untitled Kanye West project will be produced by Richard Brown and Steve Golin ("Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"). West, West's manager G. Roberson and Wolfe will serve as executive producers. "This project will synthesize Kanye's vision with a fantastic group of filmmakers and create what will be a one-of-a-kind film experience," Brown said."

Comments

DR.OZ

David Rozycki

[b]I hate Kanye West[/b]
Arrogant asshole!!

Mar 15 - 05:20 PM

bkfxr9

Ryan Johnson

If Tupac was still around, you know he would put Kanye West in his place. Rappers today are scared of West for some reason. 50 Cent needs to come out with a diss song on Kanye.

Mar 15 - 05:47 PM

TheBlackGuy

Arman Tanzarian

Sounds good.
Good music, good filmakers, what more could you ask for?

Mar 15 - 06:57 PM

Vega-Star

Jeremy Morris

[b]well...[/b]
bottom line is, he's a talented guy, and he's got the money to do it with. so best not to lose sleep over it.

Mar 15 - 08:00 PM

jeremyd4

jeremy d

"Rollingstone" had him as one of the most influential people of last year - all because he said George Bush hates black people on tv..... wow, he has a way with words doesn't he!

In an interview for Australian tv he stopped answering questions because he saw a hot girl walk passed and wanted one of his reps to get her number.... I hate people so up themselves.

Mar 16 - 02:37 AM

Paul_Is_Drunk

Paul Andersen

"Rollingstone had him as one of the most influential people of last year - all because he said George Bush hates black people on tv"

I had to quote that to show how stupid it is.

Mar 16 - 03:37 AM

ShadyMar8

Mario Roque

sounds interesting and personally i dont really like Kanye as how he is as a person but his music is pretty awesome and has some pretty good creativity

Mar 16 - 05:09 AM

mizzoucritic

Sean Ludwig

I really have no problem with it. West's music is great and he's got personality. If it looks as good as Outkast's "Idlewild," then we may be at the start of the hip-hop-becomes-serious-art revolution. OR I may be completely wrong and all cinema is going to hell.

Mar 16 - 07:29 AM

D79

Lupe DeLeon

"kanye west doesnt care about smart people..."

Mar 16 - 10:02 AM

scottybarkbark

jonathan watterman

cant wait

Mar 16 - 10:17 AM

sneppo

sneppo smith

Who is Kanye West?

Mar 16 - 02:15 PM

lovelykeira

Ken Schrock

West sucks and I hope this does just as bad as 50 Cents film, if not worse.

Mar 16 - 04:21 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

That's what I love about these forums, the love shown for our fellow man and the rational opinions and intelligent discourse that occurs among mature people

Why exactly does West suck? Because you don't like his music? Don't like his politics? So what, that doesn't mean he sucks, it just means he's not your cup of tea. I haven't heard much of his music, but I actually read the Rolling Stones article and he comes off as a thoughtful concerned person, even if I don't agree with everything he says.

How about a little less hate and a little more thought.

Or do you just dislike him because he's black

Mar 17 - 06:05 AM

lovelykeira

Ken Schrock

I don't like his politics, music, or attitude, sure I should have worded it better than just saying he sucks but I was in a hurry at the time. (Or do I just dislike him because he's black) just kidding, funny stuff.

Mar 17 - 10:30 AM

lovelykeira

Ken Schrock

Mar 17 - 10:30 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Fair enough.

Mar 18 - 03:54 PM

HiltonLohan2005

Jonathan Barnhart

another reason why he should either die, or not be famous at all. he doesn't even have the talent to write a film. look at Usher's shot at it, and he failed miserably!! hope he falls flat on his face!!! arrogant bastard

Mar 20 - 12:43 PM

scottybarkbark

jonathan watterman

ok usher's film was flop because it was a basic vanity piece about "Oh, isn't Usher hot?lets see what other angles he looks good from." Kanye has a lot more intelligence in him and you know its not going to be the typical thug movie(ex. 50 cent, t.i., etc.) or stupid comedy(usher, lil john). personally i cant wait

Mar 21 - 09:46 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

<em>Let's Be Cops</em>
Let's Be Cops

Video: Riggle, Key, and Wayans Jr.

Box Office