Average Rating: 5.7/10
Reviews Counted: 18
Fresh: 12 | Rotten: 6
No consensus yet.
Release Date: Apr 12, 1985 Wide
Average Rating: 3.5/5
User Ratings: 52,882
In medieval France, knight Rutger Hauer and lady fair Michelle Pfeiffer both run afoul of evil-bishop John Wood. Through the auspices of bishop's confessor Leo McKern, Hauer and Pfeiffer are placed under a curse. During the night, Hauer takes the form of a wolf, while Pfeiffer assumes the form of a hawk by day. The two lovers can only meet one another as humans at dawn and dusk. The only mortal in a position to rescue Hauer and Pfeiffer from their fate is nebbishy pickpocket Matthew Broderick,
Apr 12, 1985 Wide
Oct 30, 1997
20th Century Fox
Watch It Now
Guard on Call
Guard at City Gate
Guard in Cell
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
We need more fantasy like this: high adventure, brilliant swordplay, convincing magic, three-dimensional characters, arresting cinematography, and best of all, a good story.
lovely scenery, silly story
Weak pacing makes for a difficult watching, despite the talented leads.
Audience Reviews for Ladyhawke
- Bishop: Find her and the Wolf who loves her.
- Isabeau: So, you intend to by my protector as well, eh? I'm flattered.
- Phillipe Gaston: Actually, the truth is, he'll kill me if I lose it.
- Phillipe Gaston: Sir, the truth is I talk to God all the time, and no offense, but he never mentioned you.
- Marquet: NAVARRE!
- Bishop: I believe in miracles Marquet. It's part of my job.
- Bishop: Great storms announce themselves with a simple breeze, Captain, and a single rebel spark can ignite the fires of rebellion.
Discuss Ladyhawke on our Movie forum!