90% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

The Lake House Reviews

Ju.C
June 27, 2014
I am a fan of the original Korean movie iL Mare and the English version wasn't even half as good as the original. A huge disappointment for me.
June 14, 2007
Decent romantic movie. you do really root for the characters
May 19, 2006
It was a romantic movie. Sandra and Keanu did a marvelous job.
June 17, 2014
I know it's not possible but you should watch this one--->romantic :-)
August 4, 2006
Pleasant little movie. Impossible story line. Keanu Reeves sucks, in all his films I mean. The Matrix was a good movie but Reeves sucked there as well. He's just not convincing. By the way, you notice that there is no extra feature on how it could be possible. The only way there could be an extra feature is if I could go back in time and tell the movie makers to put the feature in. Oh well, gives one, most likely men, lots to think about.
January 17, 2012
Just watched this again on TV for like the millionth time. Gosh I always have a soft spot for a timeless love story. I'd watch a zombie movie later to get my senses back together. Balance.
June 3, 2006
As corny as it looks, I want to know the explination behind the plot.
May 16, 2014
The Lake House isn't that bad and neither good, it just needs to have some serious refinement. There are a lot of plot holes and the love story isn't that romantic either.
November 1, 2007
def not my favorite movie of theirs. I was confused at times.
Jackson W

April 15, 2014
'The Lake House' seemed like such a cool idea when I first saw the trailer in my youth. A couple two years apart able to communicate? That sounds like a great time travel flick. A personal favorite genre of mine is one of time travel, and I rented this movie to be able to bask in that pleasure. Unfortunately, the film was incredibly weak and did not at all live up to my expectations. The story is about a doctor played by Sandra Bullock and a guy who used to live at her very same lake house played by Keanu Reeves. They are able to communicate through the mailbox of the house though one lives in 2004 and the other 2006. Honestly, I thought this was going to go into a lot of detail as to how these two could have contact when they live in separate times. Granted only two years, but it seemed a lot more unique. But what you see in the trailer is what you get. They just somehow send letters to each other, and of course wind up together in the end. I think this is what a lot of people think of when they think of the boring, cliched chick flick. The plot is not very well developed, the characters are recycled at best and fail to grab your interest and most of it is played through sentimentality and romantic lines straight out of a Hallmark card. There's some charm to the romance, but you never know how it all makes sense. Can't she just tell him where she will be two years from his time, and then that day they will meet, have a date, and then have a normal relationship? They try to do that, but then there's too many complications and honestly too many filler scenes. And it especially lets me down because I like both of these actors and to see them flop like this, I am just horribly disappointed. Unless you're an avid fan of chick flicks, don't bother seeing this one. Unless you can somehow rent it without paying any money.
April 15, 2014
There is too many cinematographic style, so this movie doesn't have style for itself. Its confusing at the first time, and this movie doesn't have good enough script.
December 28, 2007
interesting concept..execution was mediocre..the film did drag a bit..
June 30, 2007
It took me a while to stop getting confused with the whole time-difference and what-not and the kiss at the end was like...20 minutes long. I loved it though, really cute. And they're GREAT together. Speed anyone?
Hannah B.
April 2, 2014
Wow, this is the most ridiculous film I've ever seen.
March 28, 2014
This film has a nice feel to it but bogged down a bit with some of its scenes it isn't the greatest romance film ever but still it is satisfying
Andrea F.
February 16, 2014
Maybe I'm just a sucker for movies where Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves act together... Speed was a kickass movie. But all of that aside, I found myself enjoying this movie a lot more than I expected to have. A quote stuck with me, "And I thought, what if there is no one? What if you live your whole life and no one is waiting?"
February 28, 2014
A guilty pleasure. Dare I say the best time twisted love story of recent years. Sappy? Sure. All good ones are.
Wildaly M

May 15, 2007
There is a clear lack of logical chronology in this film. The letters exchanged seem unsubstantial letters at best. Is she really going everyday to a lake house to read and write letters? And then have imaginary talks with some guy from the past? The characters come off as slightly flat and without any particular personality. It's a flawed film with a good premise.
February 14, 2014
It's Romantic, yes. But of course, not real.
April 30, 2011
Beautifully romantic. Well scripted and honest. It brought out the best in both Sandra & Keanu. So in love with this movie.