92% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

44% Working the Engels: Season 1

Lake Placid 2 Reviews

Bengel W.
November 17, 2013
After jaws one would think that the standard for humans for lunch movies, would have improved, alas David did not learn this at college thus his movie is rather pathetic. The actors do a reasonable job despite this lack of attention to monster detail. Music is cheap and cheerful if not rather corny and repetitive at times. Americans being nibbled however badly, is still fun. Nibbles: Alligator steaks.
bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

November 15, 2013
So I got into the Lake Placid Kick, figured I would rent all 4 movies and sit back and enjoy. After seeing the first one I thought I am in for some great movie times and laughts. The first one was great and thats where it stops. Lake Placid 2 An unnecessary and useless sequel to the self-mocking and campy comedy/horror Lake Placid. Not one of the original cast signed on for this dog, a very good decision on their part. Well, the baby crocodiles you see in the closing of the other movie apparently have grown up, and now have decided to pick up where their parents left off, and eat lots of people.

John Schneider is the sheriff, and just grins a lot. Cloris Leachman reprises Betty White's nut job (as her sister), but without the funny lines. A big game hunter with grenade launchers fails to match Oliver Platt's role, and the Bridgette Fonda look-alike also does nothing. Sheriff John has summertime custody of a poor actor teen son, in order to introduce some annoying cardboard cutout screaming teens. Since Croc Jr. seems to have an appetite for annoying cardboard cutout screaming teens, you quickly realize what their function to the story is, and you find yourself rooting for the croc to eat them as soon as possible. There's one idiotic scene, apparently ripped off from the 3 Stooges, where a croc victim is talking while the creature behind him waits patiently for him to shut up, before devouring him.
Nothing interesting happens. Really a bad movie, that fails at both horror and comedy. All it does is waste your time 1 Star 11 -12-13
June 9, 2013
Loads of fun, way way better than I expected, good monsters, an all out fun experience, that gets ridiculous and queer at times... but that's what makes it good! I guess it's not an awesome creature movie, but its uncomparable to most of the highly rated crocodile/shark/piranha/man-eating-lion movies. A decent movie, and tons of fun.
charles s.
May 21, 2013
cheesy special effects, terrible acting, retarted plot, stupid dialouge, these are all reasons why this movie blows, the first lake placid was OK, but this one just sucks
March 10, 2013
This was an OK movie, there were a few mistakes in filming that were easy to spot, the acting could have been a little better on some of the actor's parts, sometimes the crocs looked a little too fake. Aside from the fact that this one followed the basic storyline of the original way too closely, it was entertaining and not a complete waste of and hour and a half of my life.
February 14, 2013
It's over the top, highly predictable and weakly acted... But it's a very entertaining movie! You know what you are getting when you here a SyFy movie is on the horizon so you typically just enjoy it for what it is without being too critical (similar to a Full Moon film) and that's the secret to enjoying these kind of movies! I would recommend this for a few laughs, a few gory deaths and 4 giant killer crocs.
December 12, 2012
the 1st one was good like of course they sequels ruins everything, they kept the story from the original gotta give that tho.
the killing were ok, i was expecting to b more bloodier nd gorier.
October 25, 2012
Not as good as the first
Billbeast.
October 9, 2012
Utterly horrible. Horrible effects, it's not even one of those low budget so-bad-its-good as it takes itself way too seriously. WOW.
October 3, 2012
this film was awful across the board.
Alli Adele
September 18, 2012
This is by far some of the worst cgi effects I have seen, I actually thought it was made 1997 and not 2007 mostly because of the effects, having not seen the first Lake Placid and not knowing of its release year. This film is shockingly bad and I would not recommend it to anyone, unless of course you are having a bad movie night. In that case this film can probably create some laughs for you and some friends.
September 10, 2012
BOTTOM LINE: My uncle insists on having me sit through these crappy SyFy movies in the hopes that I'll find a good one. Guess what? "Lake Placid 2" was released straight to DVD, it has one instantly recognizable cast member (Cloris Leachman), and it's a piece of shit. 'Nuff said.
September 2, 2012
Lake Flaccid 2 is nothing more than typical SciFi Channel garbage with the worst CG I've seen since...well since the last SciFi Channel movie.
August 2, 2012
For a B horror movie, it had all of the necessary elements: Obvious CG, topless secondary characters (two scenes, three models!), cute female leads (that usually DON'T get naked).
July 25, 2012
It was okay. I liked it because I didn't see the first one and the concept was new to me. Now looking back, it certainly had alot of faults
June 22, 2012
Lake Placid 2 is probably as borderline retarded as anyone could reasonably expect a sequel to Lake Placid would be. Basically, this is a Sci-Fi Channel movie with a franchise name attached to it. The damn thing could have been called Dino Croc and nobody would have noticed the difference. You get pretty much what you expect from movies of this sort; lousy visual effects, a few token breasts thrown in for the sixth graders who talked dad into renting it, a paper thin plot, and actors looking to make a quick buck. The sad part of all this is that Cloris Leachman's Sadie Bickerman is more well-developed than Betty White's crazy old bat in the original film. If you're in the mood to watch a giant croc tear shit up, go rent Rogue, because LP2 manages to even fuck up the gore. Oh sure, there are trademark shots of missing arms, and a nice decapitation of one REALLY annoying character towards the end, but it's all done in such a poor, haphazard manner that I didn't really give a shit. When the crocs appeared to me to be Colorforms attached to the print, I knew I was in for a looooong movie. Sure, animal attack film aficionados typically don't care how bad a movie is as long as it features a few animal attacks, but this is just garbage.
June 14, 2012
This is lame follow-up to "Lake Placid"....this time the acting is at best mediocre, the script awful and the computer graphics exceedingly poor.....if the budget was a tenth of "Lake Placid" it is still a poor excuse for the production company... not worth watching even if you loved the first movie....
June 10, 2012
Total piece of shit. Awful. It... you... can...

Okay, deep breaths... phew. Okay, now I will say it out loud.

THIS IS A CREATION OF A 4 YEAR OLD KID! This! Is madness! Totally fucked up, wasted, money spent, ass-rape, monkey-fuck, retard dipshit movie! I WILL NEVER WATCH THE 1 AND 3!
Chris E.
June 6, 2012
Hilarious for all the wrong reasons.
Worst..CGI..Ever. Even Anaconda is more convincing.
March 24, 2012
With today's technology B horror films need at least a little bit of real looking special effects. This is worthless in every aspect.