Land of Doom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Land of Doom Reviews

September 6, 2010
An interesting sci-fi/fantasy adventure movie I caught on TV one day, it was okay, but not good.
½ April 20, 2013
Cheesy in a bad way, has an ending like they would make a sequel but the lack of an ending really Doomed it.
September 19, 2012
68%

This wannabe ROAD WARROIR has terrible "futureistic" vehicle designs and 80's hokeyness. Kick ass title sequence.
April 22, 2012
Land of Doom is hard to describe in the modern context of low budget action films, but I'll give it my best shot. First off most the cast looks and sounds like it was extracted from a Southern California beach on a random day in I guess the month of August when many foreign tourists are around. Secondly the plot sounds like a 25 minute middle school brainstorm. You can imagine how unimpressive the dialogue is. Also the music doesn't really fit with the movie. It more suited for a teen drama than a post-apocalypse film. Anyways despite that Land of Doom is kind of an unintentionally funny action movie. The villains all dress like they uncovered Rob Halford's house in the rubble of civilization, they all ride motorcycles that look like they're more dangerous for the rider than any potential victim, and the main antagonist is far scarier on the movie poster. Watch it, and you'll know what I mean. You'll also watch it if you like 80s cheese.
November 29, 2014
This warriors-of-the-waserland flick desperately wants to be Mad Max, but despite all the mohawks, modified vehicles and studded biker leather, this film is just dull and can't even be enjoyed on a cheesy "Bronx Warrior" or "After the Fall of New York" level or even on a so-bad-it's-good ironic level. A male wastelander in search of a fabled paradise on the edges of the wastes teams up with a female wastelander who has a touch phobia (that part is actually ironically funny at times though). They encounter a series of bandits and assorted leather clad wastelanders, but it's all pretty uninteresting. One interesting note of trivia, this fine film's director, Peter Maris, directed the groundbreaking 1995 computer game "Phantasmagoria."
½ November 4, 2014
This movie is a low budget rip off of a low budget film. It is so bad I had to watch the whole thing, its like a train wreck.
½ April 20, 2013
December 19, 2012
This movie wants to be Mad Max so bad that it's at least a little bit good.
½ October 27, 2012
Post apocolyptic film about a man and a woman with an uneasy alliance in search of something better while trying to escape a plundering warlord. Climactic final confrontation features jawas but resolves nothing and leaves the pair no better off.
September 19, 2012
68%

½ July 12, 2012
Episodic plot, in which the episodes are basically the same thing: bad guys want to rape the blonde.
April 22, 2012
February 29, 2012
Schlocky but entertaining American ripoff of Italian ripoffs of The Road Warrior. Features a feminist ass-kicking warrior woman and a vaguely annoying male lead who keeps getting them into trouble, as well as an unexpected third act save by the comic relief. Ends on a "but wait, there's more" note which was sadly optimistic, since this thing was dead on arrival (or STV, which is the same thing).
December 14, 2011
Bad post apocalyptic Mad Max rip of that everyone looks like they bought their costumes @ Blackie Lawless's yard sale. If you like to snack on the cheese be my guest but personally I had a hard time eating around the mold. There's even fucking Jawas in this. Why?..because they're cheap just like everything else in this movie. Deborah Rennard can't stand to be touched & in return she kicks just about everyone in the nuts in every fight she's in. That's what the makers of this movie is doing to its audience..kicking them square in the nuts. Not the bottom of the barrel for this straight to video garbage but you're getting pretty close. Great title tough & the poster art sold me. When hearing the Land of Doom song over the end credits I sorta changed my opinion
½ November 30, 2011
Motivations and chemistry absent, "Land Of Doom" is a low budget picture that takes itself too serious and by the end you wonder what you just witnessed.
½ March 23, 2011
if you like bad acting horrible fight scenes motor cycles and vehicles decorated by an army of 4 year olds. Then this movie is for you.
September 6, 2010
March 7, 2010
average 80's mad max rip off, with the usual S&M wearing baddies on bikes, this one is filmed where the troglodites live, so interesting locations & the most bizarre last half hour with Jawas! & the music over the end fight scene is they type of thing you get when watching ceefax late at night years ago!
February 8, 2010
It's a good time to be alive in the post apocalypse.
½ January 20, 2010