63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

The Land Before Time Reviews

michael e.
michael e.

January 14, 2011
this movie was very good when i was little but it also scared me quite a bit, and the movie was pretty depressing, Don Bluth you are the man
Lucas M

January 28, 2012
A moving and unforgettable film, The Land Before Time is a great entertainment to all family and to remember the childhood. Fresh.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

August 15, 2011
I've always enjoye dthis movie, its a cool and fun movie for kids and is the start of a big franchise that was one of my favorites as a kid, a good movie.
Alexander D

July 8, 2011
Bad+
Drake T

May 31, 2011
A timeless child's tale that teaches intolerance, despite Sharptooth's constant loom of doom that can actually make a thriller for some kids.

The desaturated color pallet and lack of exaggeration in it's animation is what makes this movie pale in comparison to the wondrous magic of Disney productions. It might not have "worked" for TLBT but Bluth rectifys this problem in other films that carry the amount of maturity/sophistication justifying these would-be problems.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
I loved this dinosaur movie when I was a kid, and apparently kids continued to love it up into the new millennium, with all these sequels that is spawned. If you only watch one of the Land Before Time movies, watch this one, the original. It's the best.
MeetMeinMontauk
MeetMeinMontauk

May 24, 2009
Classic children's movie and beautiful. Don Bluth at some of his best moments.
cosmo313
cosmo313

June 9, 2006
All I remember about this was how damn sad and upsetting it was. I mean, it is entertaining, but this is quite a tearjerker for an animated family film. The look and animation style aren't like groundbreaking or anything, but the movie looks oretty good regardless.
Richard C

July 23, 2010
D
Conner R

January 26, 2010
I think this is actually one of my favorite animated movies of all time. For some reason it seems to be one of those movies that never gets old. I love the story, it's really deep and a complete tear jerker. I love that it familiarizes kids with the idea of death much like in Bambi. The animation is good and up to par with that of Disney.
KJ P

January 23, 2010
Very inventive!
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

March 25, 2007
The only one of the series that mattered.
Anthony L

October 1, 2009
A very sweet film! Thinking about it though, Ice Age really ripped it off!
Luke B

August 20, 2006
The Land Before Time was a childhood favorite of mine, no surprise I watched it so many times with it's 69 minute running time. The Land Before Time (unlike it's sequels) is far removed from Disney films of the time and avoids musical numbers and OTT "comedic" characters. The film feels like a genuinely real story of growing up and friendship. It depicts how terrifying the real world can be and the heartache of loss. Littlefoot's excitement at seeing his shadow, believing it is his deceased mother, will feel anybody of any age with a lot of emotion. The animation is also excellent, with one scene of the T-Rex trying to stand up showing some great detail. A classic, and at just 69 minutes you have no excuse not to check it out.
Bobby H

January 21, 2009
Land before time was a classic. As a kid I grew up watching this movie while getting my fix for my dinasour fascination. With big names backing it up and the great James Horner producing the theme this movie was destined to go down as a classic film.

In a land where Diseny ruled the world of animations Land Before Time came out on top and showed even some of those films of the time up. It takes a risk by exploring scientific depths and taking children along a wild adventure with some of the world's most prehistoric creatures.

The movie also has great morals behind it teaching children about "The Circle of Life" (beat you to it Lion King!), Friendship, and Sticking together. It's a true masterpiece for it's age and The Land Before Time as did the dinasours in which it got it's inpiration from has stood the test of time to be a classic five star film.
Tim S

July 30, 2007
Fuck you, assholes, I cried.
puffchunk
puffchunk

September 24, 2007
I used to have this entire script memorized.
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 21, 2007
Heartwarming cartoon about different animals that have to leave their home to survive a plague.
Lewis C

June 21, 2007
This is the first movie I remember watching! Awwww, tree stars!
Lafe F

June 16, 2007
Great Don Bluth animation with cute talking Dinosaurs and a slight prehistoric lesson. I'm not big into dinosaurs, but it's well-drawn and voiced with a decent story. (I'm a huge Dragon's Lair gameplayer so love anything drawn by Don!) It's a good adventure and friendship story, which spawned over ten (10!!) sequels. Suited for the youngin's we have.