The Land Before Time Reviews

July 21, 2015
While not Don Bluth's best work, I still say every good parent should share this film with their kids. I mean this was the film that made me feel bad for animals that have been dead for millions of years.
June 15, 2007
Haven't seen it in forever.
June 30, 2015
Such a sad movie, but also a really sweet one. Beautifully animated all the same. This movie haunted and delighted me as a child.
½ February 11, 2011
This brought back so many memories!These movies were part of my childhood,although I haven't watched this first part of the frannchise.I adore the characters,I fell in love with the dinosaurs and actually it enchanted my imagination for a land before our time.I feel that the sequels had more fun stories,but this one was really touching.The beautiful animation was quite inspiring.
½ June 16, 2015
This movie is very dear to me. I cried buckets to this film when I was a child and even when I became an adult. The heartache was real. I love love love it.
May 28, 2015
The beautiful animation alone makes this one of the best movies ever!
½ May 27, 2015
The only Don Bluth movie I actually saw as a kid. Watching it again, It's decent, but could have been much better. The story is thin, and the pacing isn't great. What makes this movie watchable are the characters who are very well animated and very well acted.
½ May 13, 2015
This might be the best Bluth studios film. Cute story, good voice acting, nice character designs, and not afraid to be sad. And I REALLY like the score, which moves nicely among minor and major keys. A simple little kids movie that has wonderful spirit.
½ May 13, 2015
Hermosa. Adorable, en ocasiones conmovedora. Sin duda un clásico animado de Don Bluth.
½ April 15, 2015
The type of movie adults don't mind watching again and again with their kids.
March 30, 2015
Childhood memories...
February 18, 2015
a great movie but why did those monsters at fox have to make so many sequels?????
May 7, 2012
The shortest but most coherent of Don Bluth's films. Loved it as a kid, and it's still fairly good now, though I can't believe I didn't notice before that the entire film is an allegory for racism.
½ October 22, 2014
I just wish the film was longer
September 7, 2014
For its time The Land Before Time was a visually stunning turn for animation. Giving a solid story gearing towards the young minded, but also charmed adults as well. Giving some visually stunning 2-D animation and some solid voice acting, The land before time just manages to pull it off by giving you a heartfelt story while also giving you something to marvel in.
½ June 19, 2012
My all-time favourite animated film of my childhood. And this one has no awful singing!
July 5, 2014
Amazing film from start to finish! This is what I call talking dinosaurs done right!
½ June 26, 2014
La travesía dramática de un grupo de recién nacidos, en un mundo donde al parecer son los seres más pequeños y donde el peligro espera a cada paso. Una película visualmente agradable, que habla sobre el valor de la unidad y el compañerismo.

Da la impresión de que hace falta más consecución entre ciertas escenas. Por lo demás, es un trabajo modesto bien llevado a cabo.
June 22, 2014
This is a really sweet animation, which Disney would have been proud to make. It's only just over an hour long, so the story moves along at a swift pace. It's a very straightforward plotline, but it appeals to people of any age.
June 8, 2014
this movie is one of the core things of my childhood, ( before sequels came and killed). the movie has a strong family adventure film style to it with well done animation, heart felt scenes, intense action and one of my favorite villains sharptooth.