Lara Croft - Tomb Raider Reviews

May 16, 2007
Mindless plot-less action film for yours truly.
Directors Cat
½ November 25, 2011
No one could fit into this role better than Angelina Jolie. Not only does it have a superbly selected cast, the action sequences are thrilling and best of all everything else in the movie distracts you entirely from the plot that although isnt that great is very, very imaginative.
TheGame90
January 21, 2011
Not so entertaining. Some pretty bad effects...and a not so interesting plot. Almost a 3 star...close but no cigar.
theunknownhobo
August 25, 2011
As a major fan of the video game and with a deep, unrelenting contempt for Angelina Jolie, this movie had a lot to prove to me and for the most part did. Witty and fast paced, I felt that it remained true to the character of Lara Croft and the franchise, even if I felt it was slightly moronic not to choose one of the many magical BRITISH actress' that could have played this role better than old fish face Jolie ever could.
August 3, 2011
I saw Tomb Raider a while back. I was excited, the intro looked really good, and I couldn't wait until the end! Turns out the irony of that statement is just that, I wanted it to end! The very beginning is great, the very end is great, but in-between it's just... well, boring. Talk this, talk that, talk talk talk talk talk TALK TALK. For a Tomb Raider movie, I expected it to be full of action, but it just bored me half to death. I'm surprised I'm still breathing... I'm surprised that I didn't die! I cannot believe someone would like this junk! Some people are like that, viewers... some people are roaches...
June 27, 2011
This movie kicked off my love of women on screen with British accents... even if Angelina isn't a Brit
TheDudeLebowski65
April 10, 2011
Being a fan of the video game in my teens, I of course was very excited about seeing this film when it came out. I really enjoyed this film I thought it was a good action film that really capture the feel of the game very well. Angelina Jolie is quite good in the role of Lara Croft. Tomb Raider is a fun, action filled film that will appeal to fans of the game. Tomb Raider is for me a mindless action film thats designed to be thrilling and entertaining. The film works well because it elements of the game and fuses them into a story fairly good considering the cast involved. I mean Angelia Jolie ain't exactly an excellent actress. Simon West delivers a film that simply fun, action packed and thrilling. Tomb Raider is not perfect, but it definitely is a film that exceeded my expectations. This is a film to watch when you're bored and want something that delivers top notch action. Though lacking in an excellent story, the film still manages to be good with a story thats decent enough. But everyone knows that what makes the Tomb Raider franchise so great is the sex appeal of its character, Lara Croft. Being played by Angelina Jolie who is pretty good in the part, despite her being an average actress. Daniel Craig is also great in his role and manages to light up the screen. I view Tomb Raider as a popcorn action film which is flawed but entertaining. For a film based on a video game, Tomb Raider is a pretty good adaptation. Simon West's vision for what this film needed to be is there, but there could have been improvements here and there. However Tomb Raider is a fun film that can certainly appeal to fans of the game or people just looking for a fun action film to pass the time.
September 25, 2010
Lara Croft Tomb raider serves as a pretty weak film overall, but often has great action to make up for it's faults. Tomb Raider is a pretty average film that I did not quite care for, but I may watch a few more times for enjoyment!
½ August 5, 2010
It's amazing how dated this film is already. It's fairly awful but not a bad adaption of the game itself, it's just that playing the game is much more fun!
FiLmCrAzY
September 9, 2007
i love the lara croft movies, there fun, entertainig and action packed with an easy to follow storyline!
½ June 9, 2009
back in the beginning of her "i have big lips and big titties so i dont have to really act" approach... didnt work for me
½ January 18, 2010
I've always loved Tomb Raider due to the fact that it doesn't hide what it is. It's just a fun movie with an incredibly sexy lead character, done flawlessly by Angelina Jolie. It might be corny at times, but mostly it is a fun movie with a lot of great effects and adventure. It's almost like a rich, female Indiana Jones.
TomBowler
July 31, 2009
i couldn't care less about the content, i'm just glad ange is wearing so little
arashxak
½ March 10, 2009
Jolie's boobs to save the world, Nice
skactopus
½ December 4, 2008
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider is another video game to movie adaptation. How is it? Well, let's just say that there is room for improvement.The story isn't too bad and it is fitting for the Tomb Raider character. Actually, I am glad that director Simon West took the time to at least incorporate a plot in the film rather than just making it all about the action. At 1 hour and 40 minutes, the film moves by quickly and this is because the story is a little choppy and it feels somewhat incomplete. Sure, it doesn't drag, but there are times where you probably want to see a little more. I ain't just talking about Angelina Jolie in the shower either.In the earlier parts of the movie, a good portion of it takes place in Lara's mansion and it is just a little too much time there. Fortunately, once she leaves for other parts of the world, the settings become more interesting.Tomb Raider is an action gal and there is a good amount of action in here. It isn't spectacular, but it does get entertaining when the double pistols come out. These scenes also come with the techno-ish background music to spice them up. The CG, on the other hand, isn't all that great, but it is tolerable. I have seen worse.Angelina Jolie is a nice match for Lara Croft and she is one of the only reasons to check out this flick. The rest of the cast, including Daniel Craig and Jon Voight, is completely forgettable. There is just no character buildup, so you never really care for any of them.In the end, this isn't a movie to make plans for. If it is on, fine.
February 10, 2008
I guess it is about time I saw Lara Croft. It is a fun movie to watch. Just sit back and watch the action and don't think about the plot much.
January 27, 2008
Great fun movie , very entertaining, full of twists, great action film. Stunning lycra
DragonEyeMorrison
½ January 27, 2008
I can't believe i actually went to see this. Jolie still looked good those days i guess, before going into anorexia-full mode.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 3, 2007
this movie is not as plain as many believe. this is actually one of my favorite action flicks ever made, well thought out with excellent locations and writting, what seems like a simple action flick is more fun than almost any movie i have ever seen.
deano
October 30, 2006
Angelina Jolie kicks ass in this amazing action-adventure film as the world's most famous video-game heroine. With eye-popping action and electrifying thrills, Tomb Raider made me exciting, laugh and cheer from beginning to end!