Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
½ August 6, 2011
Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector is a stupid, pointless comedy that features some very mediocre humor. The cast here are all terrible, and there's not a lot going on in this film. In fact, there's nothing interesting going on whatsoever on screen. This is a stupid, pointless film that should've never been made. Those involved should ashamed to have participated in such a train wreck of a film. This is a poorly made comedy film that relies on 10 year old style humor to "create" its "hilarious" material. Unfortunately for most viewers, fart jokes are a thing of the past. Every one involved is terrible in their roles, and this film really scraps the bottom of the barrel of comedic ideas. Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector is probably the worst comedy film since Biodome and Jury Duty. A pointless and failed attempt at making an audience laugh. The crude humor displayed on screen is unpleasant and unfunny. Saying that this film sucks is not enough to describe this inane and awful comedy. I hated this film, and thought it one of the worst comedies you can watch. Avoid.
FilmFanatik
½ April 26, 2007
Meh.
½ September 10, 2009
Let me start off by saying that Larry The Cable Guy is my favorite comedian - nobody is funnier more often than he is. This movie's rather hit or miss though. It has its hilarious parts that'll have you laughing so hard you wake the neighbors (like when he all of a sudden has the runs and seems to ride the potty), but also many rather corny/unfunny parts. Overall average, hit or miss. I can't imagine Larry being a State employee though, or government.
½ July 28, 2009
this movie is inspec-turrible!
November 15, 2008
I found it just a horrible movie. Stupid, not funny, lousy acting. Skip it.
January 22, 2008
Good modern day comedy. Didnt take it over board like some, and had a semi-good plot.
Get-r-done!
½ June 24, 2011
Not funny, poor plot, stupid lead actor.
January 11, 2016
Despite this movie being poor. I love Larry the cable guy, also it had it's funny moments, and wasnt that bad. Not a good movie, but not a bad one. The acting is the kind of bad acting where I found it was funny. (Spoilers) I never give one really, but the part where Larry finds his truck, his reaction to it was hilarious. Would make this movie a to watch with a friend.
½ March 3, 2013
Let's face facts people; this is living proof that Larry the Cable Guy (a comedian I don't think is funny to begin with) can't star in a good movie.
November 22, 2012
I was expecting it to be really really stupid, however I was told it was actually funny so I gave it a shot. It actually was pretty good. Don't get me wrong, it's got some really stupid parts, but it's actually not that bad.
½ June 4, 2011
Disgustingly dreadful. Save for one or to funny oneliners from the lead, Larry The Cable Guy is not one to expect much from, but I did not expect this film to be this bad. Or perhaps I did and was afraid to admit it.
March 5, 2012
This is somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine, but then again, it's not.

PLOT:Larry (Larry the Cable Guy) is a health inspector. He always ends up screwing up or breaking a rule, making his hot-headed boss Tatlock (Tom Wilson) furious. This time he's partnered with the formal, socially-awkward Amy Butlin (Iris Bahr) on a case where all the big name restaurants are being poisoned majorly before the big cooking contest. Will they get to the bottom of this without getting kicked off the health biz? Will Larry juggle it all with trying to woo his new girlfriend, Jane (Megyn Price)? I'll leave you there. The plot is an interesting idea, but executed to absolute silliness and absurdity.

ACTING:The acting was pretty bad. Larry did his traditional redneck comedy style so I can't really say anything to that. Every performance was horrible, especially Tom Wilson as Tatlock, Iris Bahr as Butlin, and Lisa Lampinelli as Jane's Mom.

SCORE:Nothing to see here. The only thing it has is a funny theme song by Montgomery Gentry and then filler score.

OTHER CONTENT:Now, most have given this movie a lower score than I have. Did I decide to be generous? No. The movie has some little high points to it. There are some jokes that Larry delivers that are pretty funny and not as juvenile as his usual stuff. Plus, I'm a pretty big fan of Larry the Cable Guy. Though his jokes are idiotic, juvenile, and redneck-oriented, I find them quite funny at times. I appreciate some of the following he has. On the darker side, the lesser jokes and ideas were juvenile, stupid, and just plain disturbing at times. This is definitely for the mindless Comedy Central viewer who only watches bad stand-up.

OVERALL,a sucky comedy with an absurdly executed plot, bad acting all over, unimportant score, and juvenile jokes, but some of the jokes weren't half bad and I am a fan of Larry the Cable Guy.
February 25, 2012
I just love the redneck movies and I found this one to be alot better then his last one . I would love to see more of Iris Bahr in future movies, as i've never heard of her til now
June 12, 2010
I'm gonna admit, although it was gross and poorly scripted, this movie is pretty much a guilty pleasure of mine.
½ June 11, 2010
A comdey that looked like it was made in the 80's. Very funny. Watching this movie made me laugh because I am a nerbaskan.
½ July 9, 2010
I love Larry when he does stand up but honestly i laughed a few times and i like him thats why it gets a 50.
February 8, 2010
Works well as a Dadaist exercise in anti-humor. Throughout its cavalcade of Bible Belt simpleton humor I was waiting for someone to come in and pull the rug out, so to speak, from under Mr. Cable Guy/Health Inspector. Can we have a Larry adventure where he actually has to use his skills as a Cable Guy? Why not cast him in "Speed 3" as a bomb disposal specialist? Pair him up with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. Put them on a speeding vehicle. What, they've all been taken? There are no more large commuter vehicles on which to plant speed-sensitive bomb detonators? How about a tiny SmartCar? Surely it couldn't be any worse than "Speed 2".

Or "Delta Farce". Or the output of any of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour regulars. Sheeyit, gotta pick me up this DVD when it ends up in the Wal-Mart bargain bin for $1.99. I can use it as either a torture device or material for an upcoming Anthropology thesis paper.
December 27, 2009
I expected the worst. Or so I thought. Thoroughly unentertaining every step of the way. Only die hard fans of Larry can even begin to appreciate this effort.
½ May 16, 2007
Some of the things this goober says is funny, but in reality, Larry is turning into a present day Jim Varney (i.e. a dumb idiot whom audiences love).
½ November 3, 2009
This is just trying to be funny. Nothing is any good accept for maybe a couple jokes that give a chuckle but there is not many of those.