Awards Tour: Razzie Awards Winners Announced

The Razzies wish a hearty *tbbhttp* to The Last Airbender

2010 was a year when those obnoxious "surcharges" for 3-D glasses boosted movie studios' bottom lines, while actual attendance dropped once again. It was a year when most of what Hollywood released was either a remake, a "reboot" a "re-imagining"... or an outright rip-off. In other words, it was a banner year for only one of Tinsel Town's best-known award shows... the one that dis-honors Worst Achievements in Film. Voting members of The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation have sifted through the cinematic rubble of last year and selected winners for The 31st Annual RAZZIEŽ Awards, announcing the "honorees" in a ceremony at Hollywood's Barnsdall Gallery Theatre at 7:30pm/PST on Saturday, February 26 - the now traditional Night Before the Oscars. See below for the full list!

Worst Picture

Worst Screenplay Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel
The Last Airbender Clash of the Titans
Little Fockers The Last Airbender
Sex and the City 2 Sex and the City 2
Twilight Saga: Eclipse Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Vampires Suck Vampires Suck

For all of RT?s awards season coverage, check out Awards Tour here.

Comments

August M.

Agustin Macias

The Last Airbender or How Not to Film an Adaptation. Such a terrible adaptation from a so-so show.

Jan 24 - 05:16 AM

Casey M.

Casey Morrison

woah woah woah. you sir are a moron. not about the movie, the movie was a waste of human potential. but the show was quite honestly one of the best cartoons ever made, and showed more depth and emotion than most tv shows, plays, or movies made today. the movie could have been fantastic, because the show defied demographics and pleased everyone who watched it. unfortunately Shyamalan took out all of the magic and heart of the show.

Jan 24 - 07:36 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

No, the show was so-so. First, it felt Star Wars-ish(the second season finale had Empire Strikes Back written all-over it). Second, all the seriousness is always ruined by some sort of comic relief that is forced. And third, just like the movie, the Fire Nation is not much of a threat since they have been easily been taken down multiple times.

Jan 25 - 05:25 AM

dyl p.

dyl perron

I hated the show it was boring

Jan 27 - 12:05 PM

Daniel R.

Daniel Roberts

So what if it's like Star Wars? Is that a bad thing? And of course there's gonna be comic relief. It's Nickelodean. How serious do you want your animated show to be? Hasn't Disney & Pixar been doing the same thing for years? Avatar: The Last Airbender was a great show and even managed not to overstay its welcome. Heck, it left me wanting more. The reason I hated the movie so much was because it absolutely butchered the show.

Feb 28 - 11:11 PM

Taylor S.

Taylor Spearman

I love the show (even though I haven't watched it since I got dragged to the abomination known as a movie) but I do think the first season was a little boring. That last season was amazing and this could have been a great movie if they had a real director

Jan 31 - 11:28 AM

Alan A.

Alan Arias

HAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAH
NOT

Feb 26 - 10:46 PM

AshCosgrove

Chris Dietz

Yeah right, I think Spongebob had more depth, and it was a hell of a lot funnier.

Feb 27 - 09:05 AM

anDy

Andreas Babs

Spongebob's the shit. The last funny cartoon.

Feb 27 - 09:52 AM

Aaron M.

Aaron M

Spongebob had a good movie too

Feb 28 - 01:23 PM

mjprogue

Mike PArker

ummm...I haven't seen more than a few minutes of the show...but I have never seen anything come out of Japan with even one iota of depth...the Japanese sure make pretty pictures, but their society rewards very simple and shallow entertainment, as this seems to be the way they like to unwind.

Generalization maybe...but also true. I don't see how this show could be any different than any of the dozens of other flavor of the month animes that have been lauded as ground-breaking and amazing TV...

Remember when Dragonball was amazing? Ask your older brother...if he'll admit it.

Feb 27 - 05:20 PM

Paul N.

Paul Neusch

so you've never heard of kurosawa. are you sure you should be sharing your ideas on a website dedicated to movies?

Feb 27 - 11:15 PM

Uriah Heep

Anjelika-Maria Green

You do know the show was made up by two american dudes right?

Feb 27 - 11:39 PM

Matt Cuffe

Matthew Cuffe

mjprogue never comment on here again. Avatar: the Last Airbender is an American show and the greatest director of all time was Japanese.

Why don't you go on flixster, idiots like you are welcome there.

Feb 28 - 08:50 AM

Pedro W.

Pedro Wagner

mmmmm.... first of all Avatar is american and it has a lot of depth. Second of all you probrably never heard of Akira Kurosawa, Hayao Miyazaki, Neon Genesis Evangellion, Elfen Lied, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist and a lot of other stuff. And DragonBall was called amazing, never deep or complex.

Feb 28 - 09:53 AM

Wiggins

Wig gins

First, Avatar: The Last Airbender is not Japanese. It was made in America by two Caucasian men who are fans of anime.

Second, To say nothing good has ever come out of Japan, and that the Japanese are all collectively shallow people is not only ignorant, it's also racist.

Third, you have clearly never heard of Hayao Miyazaki, a Japanese animator who has more heart and depth in his films than even Pixar could hope for. I also take it you have never hear of Akira Kurasawa and the many other great Japanese filmmakers of the world. Not to mention the other creative works to come out of Japan.

In the illustrious words of Mr. Willy Wonka: "YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR!"

Mar 1 - 11:29 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Casey, August, both you cats are crazy. :p First, the show wasn't "so-so". That's a gross understatement when you consider most of the dreck that passes for children's entertainment these days. Second, one of the best cartoons ever made?.. Hey, I loved the series. And will always cherish it as one of the very few Eastern based shows that have actually been well done from an American brand. But by saying one of the "best ever made" you're cast quite a wide net. You have to be quite young to say that, which, really, is not a diss. Just sayin.

Feb 27 - 06:35 PM

M Night Shyamalan

M Night Shyamalan

What if I showed up in person to pick up my award? What a TWIST!

Jan 24 - 06:26 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

Are you *really* M Night? Now *that* would be a TWIST.

Jan 24 - 08:38 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Hey, at least Devil was good. Keep it up with the chronicles, Night. And if they let you finish Airbender, MAKE IT WORTH IT. We'll forgive you for getting the names wrong and shooting an emotionless opening film. We'll forgive you, some of us, for white washing the entire Water Tribe. We'll forgive you for a lot of things. Just gotta redeem yourself, my friend. Off to, at least, a good start with introducing Summer Bishil as Princess Azula. Just give us some emotion, and charge the story with some passion this time.

(PS. No, I don't think I'm talking to the real M. Night. lol)

Jan 24 - 02:39 PM

Wisenheimer

Joshua Dinsmore

You're not really M. Night, right? Right!?

Jan 24 - 04:54 PM

Luis  F.

Luis Flores

hahaha r u really him?!?!?!?!

Jan 24 - 07:26 PM

Arekusandora

Alexandra Borrero

LMAO!

Mar 1 - 12:35 PM

doomzdavo

Doomz Davo

It doesn't really matter if he is M.Night Shyamalan or not. What matters is the TWIST is dead.

Jan 24 - 09:14 PM

CFM

'schak Attack

This in and of itself is a TWIST!

The TWIST is his gimmick. This is mine. *raises middle finger*

Jan 25 - 07:22 AM

doomzdavo

Doomz Davo

*shrugs shoulders

Feb 27 - 09:43 AM

Myerla

Elliot Newton

Quote of the decade (so far)

Jan 25 - 02:59 PM

Myerla

Elliot Newton

I hope Clash of the Titans wins a least one (hopefully the 3D category) because I wasted my money on that load utter crap.

Jan 25 - 03:01 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

If you had showed up, I wish I had known beforehand, I would have lain in wait for you. :)

Feb 27 - 12:45 AM

Javieloooo 0.

Javieloooo 050

I dont care if you are the real one Fuck you. Thats a TWIST

Feb 27 - 01:59 PM

Kizmo

Roland Deschain

A Razzie would be the only award you'll ever receive, so you might as well.

Feb 28 - 01:46 PM

Kizmo

Roland Deschain

A Razzie would be the only award you'll ever receive, so you might as well.

Feb 28 - 01:46 PM

Kizmo

Roland Deschain

Double post, but it was worth repeating.

Feb 28 - 01:47 PM

Don't Tase Me Bro

Don't Tase Me Bro

Once again, the TWILIGHT films don't let us down...

Jan 24 - 07:05 AM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

Honestly, Razzies just lost all credibility to me, however they did a couple years ago anyway. It seems they just like to pick on franchises now that make money and people know about instead of the truly bad films. Eclipse and its cast shouldn't even be there. If the razzies actually wanted to recognize the worst in films, then Nutcracker 3D would have gotten WAYYYY more than one mention, and Skyline would not have been unfairly snubbed, in fact that would have swept every award hands down. And Little Fockers would be in every category as well, along with Life As we Know It, and excuse me where's The Tourist?? All miles worse than Eclipse and Sex 2. Seriously if they want to go after the worst in film, then they should actually nominate the worst in film, instead of movies everyone knows about. If they want to justify their purpose, then Vampires Suck will sweep the awards.

Jan 24 - 07:05 AM

Bjornar

A B

I agree and yet the nominations don't really matter as any catagory with a Last Airbender contender is going to get crushed (and rightly so.)

Jan 24 - 08:06 AM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

I don't know for me Vampires Suck should sweep. Between the two, I'd rather watch Airbender, some parts were not terrible, and at least there was some entertainment value, even if it was unintentional in parts, compared to the complete and utter worthlessness of Vampires Suck.

Jan 24 - 12:59 PM

Wisenheimer

Joshua Dinsmore

They may pick on the well known franchises and actors, but one thing they got right was that their nominations are in fact really bad.

Jan 24 - 04:59 PM

Don't Tase Me Bro

Don't Tase Me Bro

And yet somehow, despite all logic and taste, NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET escapes without a single nomination...

Jan 24 - 05:52 PM

ICantRememberMyNumber

Daniel Wilkinson

But it won the best horror in the Peoples Choice Awards.

Jan 24 - 10:12 PM

Don't Tase Me Bro

Don't Tase Me Bro

What 'people' voted for this? The Pedos? You gotta check out my review of it here:

Jan 25 - 02:23 AM

Alex L.

Alex Lavoie

they lost all credibility to me and they gave the prize of worst movie of the decade to battlefield earth. Yes, it was a very bad movie, but the worst of the decade??!! You must be kidding me.

Jan 25 - 07:36 AM

CoreyG

Corey Gallagher

I'm not buying that you actually watched it.

Feb 27 - 04:15 AM

MileZing

Dre M.

The Nutcracker 3D is beyond Razzie bad. It is an evil of which we do not speak.

Feb 3 - 09:03 AM

Bjornar

A B

Jan 24 - 08:06 AM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

Jan 24 - 12:59 PM

John Harris

John Harris

Yeah pretty upset that Rob Schneider is the only one from Grown Ups who got the nod... Yeah he's just awful but Kevin James..... Yeah as dumb as some of these movies are at least Jonah Hex, Little Fockers, and Clash of the Titans had somewhat redeeming factors (but all still very bad movies) Grown Ups is the worst piece of crap I have ever seen, the fact that it only gets 1 nomination is truly dissapointing to me.

Jan 24 - 08:25 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

Are you *really* M Night? Now *that* would be a TWIST.

Jan 24 - 08:38 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

I actually kinda liked Grown Ups, yeah it was immature, but what do you expect from Adam Sandler? I thought it was decent. Little Fockers or Vampires Suck as the worst movie's I actually saw and it's hard to argue with Last Wind Breaker as worst movie of the year as well.

Jan 24 - 08:46 AM

Not L.

Not Likely

I am confused how anyone can not think Grown Up's is not terrible

Can you name one 'joke' in the movie that was actually funny?

Jan 24 - 11:05 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

It's a-MAZE-ing. Thought that was pretty funny and Kevin crashing on the rope swing made me laugh. Steve Buscemi was funny too. It wasn't high theater i'll grant you but I didn't hate it. I waited for DVD too, so I had months of hearing how bad it was to temper my expectations.

Jan 24 - 01:16 PM

Dean W.

Dean Wirth

Grown ups was as bad as Due Date ...and that is pretty bad!

Feb 27 - 07:27 AM

Cameron B.

Cameron Bradt

You make a good point. I liked Grown-Ups, but I was smart enough to know what to expect. Anyone stupid enough to go into that movie expecting something sophisticated or un-immature needs a reality check. It's not like the trailers tried to hide the immaturaty from people in an attempt to steal their money and dissappoint them at the theaters.

Feb 27 - 12:39 PM

Dave J

Dave J

To those whose seen alot of comedies already, the set up was not as funny as the payoff!

Feb 28 - 04:23 PM

James T.

James Tallman

The Last Airbender was a complete joke. The movie is a slap in the face to the cartoon series and the acting in the movie was atrocious.

Jan 24 - 08:57 AM

M Night Shyamalan

M Night Shyamalan

I thought taking a good cartoon and turning it into a bad live-action movie made for a nice TWIST!

Jan 24 - 11:31 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

*lol* I am totally cracked for how funny I find this to be.

Jan 25 - 07:54 AM

doomzdavo

Doomz Davo

you're definitely cracked

Feb 27 - 09:45 AM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

Indeed, one of the biggest jokes put to film.

I do wonder -- where are all those people who vehemently argued that the best possible actors among those who auditioned were being cast? That racism and whitewashing had nothing to do with it, that there simply were no actors of Asian descent good enough to play these roles?

While at the end of the day, I'm glad that no Asian actors (with the exception of Dev Patel) were made leads in that mess of a movie, it's bothersome to see so many people completely show their ignorance and naivete as they stretch plausibility to such absurd lengths.

Those illogically-equipped individuals really need to sign up for some classes in common sense.

I wonder if they're still singing the praises of M. Night Shyamalan, the racist casting director and the whole Last Airbender project.

Feb 27 - 12:42 AM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

Let the Razzies do to Twilight what Twilight is doing to vampires.

Jan 24 - 09:04 AM

Bay is .001 Nolan

Bay is .001 Nolan

Ditto! Twatlight FTW, it should have been Twatlight winning the Worst Picture for 3 consecutive years!

Jan 24 - 08:55 PM

Murdoch

Murdoch +

Call me crazy, but even though Jackson Rathbone from Last Airbender deserves to be on this list....Jackson Rathbone from Twilight Eclipse does not.

I actually saw both movies on the same day, and the only thing that pissed me off more than realizing what Shyamalan did to Prince Zuko (with an actor like Dev patel) was what he did to Sokka, being played by the only redeeming actor of Eclipse. In fact, just seeing Rathbone take charge and actually act in Eclipse as a military leader made me feel like he deserved to be in a movie more suited to his skills rather than a skinny vampire who spends the 1st 2 movies in the franchise just staring at Bella like she was food (How vampires Suck made that scene unfunny, i have no idea!)

Jan 24 - 10:29 AM

Taylor S.

Taylor Spearman

I do agree with that. I didnt see them on the same day but Rathbone in Eclipse was the only moderatly good thing about it. That and the 15minute action scene

Jan 31 - 11:31 AM

Chaotic

Chris Burge

Skyline is one of the worst pieces of feces ever. i cant believe it didnt get one nomination,.

Jan 24 - 10:30 AM

Blue Rogue

Blue Rogue

^Seconded!

Feb 28 - 01:00 AM

Blue Rogue

Blue Rogue

^Seconded!

Feb 28 - 01:00 AM

Not L.

Not Likely

I am confused how anyone can not think Grown Up's is not terrible

Can you name one 'joke' in the movie that was actually funny?

Jan 24 - 11:05 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Jan 24 - 01:16 PM

Dean W.

Dean Wirth

Grown ups was as bad as Due Date ...and that is pretty bad!

Feb 27 - 07:27 AM

Sputnik99

sputnik 99

The Razzies, IMHO, is just an ANTI-popularity contest. Instead of picking movies and actors that truly are the worst, they just pick well-known movies and actors and make fun of them with a meaningless "award".

There were a lot of bad movies last year, and the Razzies barely scratched the surface with its choices. I'm not saying Razzie awards are a bad idea, I'm just saying they're never done RIGHT.

Jan 24 - 11:28 AM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

Could not have said it any better myself. These nominations are particularly disappointing.

Jan 24 - 12:46 PM

Nicegregs

Jon Gregs

I totally agree with u.

Jan 24 - 08:25 PM

Bay is .001 Nolan

Bay is .001 Nolan

Boohoo! Just look at the Tomato-meter those nominated films got, it's definitely on point! You're just a twatard, that's why you are disappointed. Twatlight FTW!

Jan 24 - 09:00 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Yes, look at the Tomatometer. Eclipse got 50% about 40 percentage pts higher than the other movies it's running against, but I guess all movie's that half the critics think are good are the worst movie's of the year...depending on which side of the % you're on.

Jan 25 - 05:05 AM

M Night Shyamalan

M Night Shyamalan

Jan 24 - 11:31 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

*lol* I am totally cracked for how funny I find this to be.

Jan 25 - 07:54 AM

doomzdavo

Doomz Davo

you're definitely cracked

Feb 27 - 09:45 AM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

Jan 24 - 12:46 PM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

Personally I don't think Eclipse should have gotten ANY nominations. I actually quite enjoyed that film very much, it was a great summer film. Personally I'd swap out all the nominations Eclipse got, and replace them with either Skyline or The Tourist, then the list, to me anyway, would seem more credible. Or are the razzies just too cowardly to go after Johnny Depp and Jolie even when they make a worthless piece of trash movie, or a movie with nobodies which easily qualifies as one of the worst of the decade, which they should recognize as such, and instead they just go with the flow.

Jan 24 - 12:55 PM

Dylan Smith

John Smith

I'd say that Twilight Eclipse and The Last Airbender will get the most wins. I haven't seen the Last Airbender, but I know for a fact that when I saw the trailer, it looked like a complete super ripoffazation of the original Avatar series. Seiriously, It looked incredibly dumb and horrible. And as far as I know, the Twilight Saga is ONE OF THE WORST FILM FRANCHISES IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE. I mean really, the first two films were a ton of complete crap that looked incredibly stupid and it was as if Summit hired a 12 year girl to write the entire screenplay for Eclipse. So In my terms or opinion, The major awards will most likely go to either those two films or Sex and The City 2, but then again, that's really just me. Thanks, come back and see me.

Jan 24 - 01:15 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Not only did it deserver the nominations it got, it would have WON them had Airbender not sucked King Kong's nutsack.

Feb 27 - 08:48 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Not only did it deserve the nominations it got, it would have WON them had Airbender not sucked King Kong's nutsack.

Feb 27 - 08:49 AM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

Jan 24 - 12:59 PM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies