63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Last Confederate: The Story of Robert Adams Reviews

Sarah P

October 28, 2007
The story didn't seem interesting or compelling enough to be made into a movie. The acting was also way below what I expected.
graemii
September 26, 2007
First of all I'm a sucker for civil war dramas that promise romance so that right there drew me in. Nice true story but could have been done so much better. I give credit to the family for trying and there were a few good moments of elegant and beautiful cinematography.
rattnroll91
June 29, 2007
I'm always happy to see a story set during The Civil War, especially if it's told from the Southern perspective. I saw the trailer and thought it must have been shot very cheap but decided to watch it anyway given my interest in war films. Well, it was shot very cheap. But this film should be a model for films shot with a low budget. The story was very interesting. And it's based on actual events which makes it even more so. The sets were very impressive. I thought the battle sequences could have been coordinated better, but then again, it was very low-budget. I still didn't understand the background of this production til I was viewing the credits...Robert Adams was played by Julian Adams. Hmmm. Not only was Julian Adams playing his Great Great Grandfather, but he also produced the movie and wrote the screenplay. Has anything like this ever been done? Very fascinating stuff. I also thought Gwendolyn Edwards was perfect for this movie. I'd be anxious to hear other people's thoughts on The Last Confederate. I for one liked it very much. I only wish more money could have been spent on the production.
September 13, 2013
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. I watched the whole thing for the same reason people slow down past car accidents, plus I am in awe of Micky Rooney. I am glad he as appeared in movies after this so this wont be remembered as his last
John L.
February 22, 2009
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]
This is the worst Civil War movie I have ever seen. The acting is void of emotion like a dry script reading. The story telling, through multiple flashbacks, is very boring. The few battle scenes are the best part of the film. I would never recommend this mess to anyone. :down: [/SIZE][/FONT]