"Kim Jee-Woon" should actually be Ji-Woon Kim.

Since his actual RT profile is Ji-Woon Kim many are missing out on just how many phenomenal films this director has made.
Kurtiss Keefner
01-16-2013 06:04 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

w@velength

In Your Dreams

Americans are notoriously bad at spelling and censoring. One of my favorite examples is Chef Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. The British version is a clever documentary-style curse fest with trendy music. Then they brought it to America, neutered the style and editing to emulate typical crap reality television (musical swells and non-existent drama to cater to mouth breathers) and changed Ramsay's name to Ramsey, because apparently we just can't be bothered to pronounce it correctly.

Jan 17 - 03:10 PM

w@velength

In Your Dreams

Americans are notoriously bad at spelling and censoring. One of my favorite examples in Chef Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. The British version is a clever documentary-style curse fest with trendy music. Then they brought it to America, neutered the style and editing to emulate typical crap reality television (musical swells and non-existent drama to cater to mouth breathers) and changed Ramsay's name to Ramsey, because apparently we just can't be bothered to pronounce it correctly.

Jan 17 - 03:09 PM

danteasdale458

Dan Teasdale

His directors credit(ok this movie page) doesn't take him to his proper page. Well he has no credit for any of his other films outside of three extremes 2.

Jan 17 - 01:29 PM

Matt Lane

Matt Lane

i saw the devil is fucking crazy

Jan 17 - 01:23 PM

Jin Kim

Jin Kim

I've heard Kim Jee-Woon is going back to Korea to make another film but hopefully he will come back to make more US films

Jan 17 - 09:05 AM

John Matrix

John Matrix

He's actually credited as Kim Jee-woon in the movie, which I find weird. I don't really see the point of the spelling change. But you're right that there are separate pages for "Kim Ji-woon" and "Kim Jee-woon," and that Kim has made several phenomenal films. Hopefully he can keep the quality up while working in Hollywood. Same goes for Park Chan-wook.

Jan 16 - 08:58 PM

Jin Kim

Jin Kim

bong joon-ho (director of The Host and Mother) is also coming out with a US debut movie called Snowpiercer this year... seems South Korean directors are getting more recognition

Jan 17 - 09:05 AM

John Matrix

John Matrix

He's actually credited as Kim Jee-woon in the movie, which I find weird. I don't really see the point of the spelling change. But you're right that there are separate pages for "Kim Ji-woon" and "Kim Ji-woon," and that Kim has made several phenomenal films. Hopefully he can keep the quality up while working in Hollywood. Same goes for Park Chan-wook.

Jan 16 - 08:57 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile