• PG-13, 1 hr. 29 min.

100% Da Vinci's Demons: Season 2
100% Orphan Black: Season 2

Laws of Attraction Reviews

June 4, 2013
Silly and lightweight clone of sorts. Harmless and insignificant diversion.
Gaabby
January 13, 2009
Attempts at being funny, witty, romantic, sexy... Fails horribly on all counts
September 4, 2008
i liked it when i watched when i was young
now, it's a chick flick that doesn't measure up to my standards anymore, it's a feel good movie though
AvidClimber
March 1, 2013
Laws of Attraction is a movie about opposites attract. It's funny, putting the antagonist at odds in scenes after scenes and numerous high stakes divorces. It has romance fairly well sprinkled, and just a tiny bit of emotional drama. The settings are beautiful and the scenario engrossing.

Julianne Moore plays to perfection an adorably anxious control freak lawyer with a self-esteem problem and a perfect record. She preaches the benefits of divorce, doesn't believe in marriage, and is commitment phobic. Pierce Brosnan's lawyer character has just as much a pristine record, but is more relax and chaotic. He doesn't believe in divorce and is a romantic at heart. Surprisingly, this more bohemian persona fits him well, and he gives a good performance.

The piece might not be extremely inventive, as story goes, but it's interesting. The "lie" doesn't rear its ugly head, but the "irredeemable act" makes a brief appearance to change the course of the scenario, and is well handled without too much reproach.

It's good funny romance. It will melt your heart. See it.
February 28, 2013
hahha i like this chic flick!!!
Mike L.
November 15, 2012
Now who thought this was a good idea? Lets make a movie about a group of people (lawyers) that most people dont like covering a subject that nobody likes (divorce) whose clients are a couple of elitist, entitled snobs and make that into a love story, can I fire someone now!
Bronson and Moore are great personable actors but even their charm cannot save this dreadful movie. This might of worked with a much better script and recasting Parker Posey for anybody else but it still would have trouble from tripping over it poor concept.
August 26, 2012
Lovely and sweet film, while not the greatest film I have ever seen, it kept me amused, until the end.
September 28, 2007
i thought it was a good movie. I loved the scenerey in Ireland and the brief bit of irish dancing.
Hamee
July 4, 2012
This was a super adorable rom-com starring to feisty divorce lawyers.
December 4, 2011
Love this movie Julianne Moore is a really good actress & Pierce Brosnan is a good actor & he's adorable. :) Just a really enjoyable movie. :) :)
June 19, 2012
Big name actors in a formulaic & forgettably harmless rom-com.
November 9, 2011
Julianne Moore showed me that comedy acting is amazing and wonderfully bold.
May 27, 2012
Sat through this as the better half was watching it. Had two cream crackers during it. Cream crackers are nice. I'd definitely recommend cream crackers.
April 13, 2012
As far as romantic comedies go, this one was pretty original. Both predictable and shockingly not. Granted, it was a little overdone in parts, but a cute film. Not necessarily the greatest message though, as this film obviously supports sex before marriage. it does however seem to be against divorce.
April 9, 2012
I like Julianne and Pierce....
April 5, 2012
There's something about that Pierce Brosnan... Oh! I know... he's a good actor!
April 2, 2012
Unbeliavably cute romantic comedy with a good message behind it. I really like this film, but overall it fails to be truely memorable, thanks to useless scenes and poor pacing.
August 1, 2009
I only put it on because I didn't want to think. It was late, I could feel weariness rising and knew in an hour I'd be really tired so I didn't want to put on the 2 and a half hour arthouse. I asked my sister if she had anything light hearted.
August 21, 2008
Nice comedy. Julianne Moore and Pierce Brosnan do have chemistry but that's not enough to make "Laws of Attraction" a good movie: the plot is very dumb, predictable and meaningless at some point. You'll understand where this is all going after a few minutes, and if you're a fan of strong female characters you'll probably get terribly mad at Audrey... But the soundtrack is good, and some of the locations are just delightful.

I got relaxed. And that's good enough for me. Or at least it was yesterday night.
January 22, 2009
It's been quite a long time since I have watched this one but I remember that I was positively surpised by this one. It's a solid romcom and I find it hard to find one I enjoy this days. Brosnan and Moore are super authentic and charming although they don't have much to work with. It's not "Adam's Rib" but I don't think it's trying to be. It's a nice distraction for a boring afternoon/night on a rainy day.