• Unrated, 2 hr. 4 min.
  • On DVD:
  • Omniverse Vision Ltd.

Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day Reviews

Dorianator F ½ January 31, 2013
Great movie. They are old and can still play. Even though it isn't the same without John Bonham. But Jason can play great. I was just upset they didn't play "Moby Dick" or "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You".
YFilter YFilter October 17, 2012
Truly impressive show, not to be missed. The few that were able to get tickets to this one-off concert were rewarded with spectacular performances from the entire band.
Kyle M August 16, 2013
A very enjoyable time, makes you realize exactly why they were so loved in the 1970's.
Jimmy M October 25, 2012
Awesome video of a concert to remember
Lester Y ½ January 7, 2013
i mean my zeppelin obsession began and waned almost ten years ago but watching this took me back to listening to album after album as a kid and watching the dvd til i fell asleep during my hermetic preteen summer nights. say what you will about the occasionally bad editing (which isn't all too different from the dvd's, as carruthers is at the helm for this release as well) but it does a fine job of capturing a show that lived up to very lofty expectations.

i'll say that this show overall is better than the knebworth 1979 shows but falls behind earls court and royal albert hall but 99.9% of all things in the world fall short of those performances anyway so whatever that's no knock on this show. robert plant sounds pretty amazing and honestly i don't think he's sounded better in terms of playing off the band and knowing his limits. jason bonham does a fine job and doesn't detract from the experience as much as any purist might think. john paul and jimmy are still great. in general this show is so much fucking better than it had any right to be, and it's one of the few cash-in reunions that's justified in an artistic sense.
Jeff J January 5, 2013
If you're a Zeppelin, this is a 'must see'. Good enough to watch and listen to over and over and over again!
Michael H January 2, 2013
Fantastic on Blu Ray, fitting to have Jason Bonham on drums.
Keshav G January 2, 2013
True say...old is gold
Jorge Armando M. Jorge Armando M. November 27, 2012
In one word: Moving.
Sameh Y November 22, 2012
This movie is the definitive evidence why "rock and roll" is the greatest music genre of all time. even after 30 years of their break up, this band delivered what people was dying to hear and see! definitely the best concert documentary of this decade, unless they decided to make another one.
Steven K November 19, 2012
It's very very simple. By far, the greatest rock band of all time, bar none. I was very apprehensive about seeing this concert. I grew up with their music. How could they possibly sound good at their ages. However, it far exceeded my expectations. Younger people should view this and see what real music sounds like. Music that gets into your soul. Don't miss it, it's that good.
Adam Z October 24, 2012
Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones finally reunite under the banner that defined the 1970s and redefined the rock and roll swagger that would forever shape how hard rock would be played in the world. With this bout, Jason Bonham (son of Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham) joins the surviving members for what could be described as the perfect closure to a musical group whose mystique has remained intact nearly three decades after it's demise. The group is sharp and focused and clearly playing their hearts out. The performances are very good throughout with "Kashmir," "Trampled Underfoot" and "In My Time of Dying" as highlights for me. The onslaught by the media for these men to tour is relentless and should be laid to rest. Led Zeppelin was an entity driven by teenage testastorone and the sexual liberation of the 1970s. It had four musicians who cliqued and wound up creating some of the most timeless music in the history of popular song. To try and recapture that night after night is not what they represented. However, this concert proves the embers of Valhalla haven't gone out quite yet and can reignite with spectacular fury when stoked by desire. My only complaint was the theatre surround sound, which has been reported nearly from all corners of the world.
Bryan S October 24, 2012
It's amazing to see these old rock legends (and Jason Bonham) still kick some complete and total ass at rock and still remain the greatest band on earth.
Preston K October 22, 2012
I was there and it was a better performance than I remembered. A little too much editing and they cut out some cool parts (when Plant introduced Kashir and after the show Jason bowed in awe to the surviving 3 only to have the bow returned by them to him - very cool moment.
Mircea C October 17, 2012
Watching this concert at cinema was like watching the band for the first time live on stage in front of my eyes, literally. The volume of this in the cinema came as close as a The Who gig back in the '70s, which was pretty much beyond anything I have ever heard in my life. Experience-wise, this film just blew my mind and ears.

This film/gig reconfirmed two things: 60+ years old men are still the greatest rock bands on the planet and the rock music nowadays is dying, to a point where I just want to build a time machine and go back to 1969 and stay there.

I'm happy that for once I was privileged to see them live, unlike my dad who just owned their almost entire collection. In your face, dad!

This film simply gave me eargasms, and I want more of this. For the next documented concert, please, give me The Who at Live At Leeds; or anything by them for that matter. And then we'll talk about the other bands like The Rollings Stones, etc.
Bryan O October 21, 2012
Proves that at 60+ years old, these guys are still the greatest rock band on the planet. What sets them apart from other bands to me, is that they their music and performance literally gives me goose-bumps. Jimmy Page's playing is so dynamic and soulful, and his rough-around-the-edges style gives way to some pristine and beautiful moments. John Paul Jones - an amazing musician. Jason Bonham was the only drummer that could play this in this band for them to still be called Led Zeppelin, and he truly understood his father's impact on the band. He pulled off an outstanding performance. What surprised me the most was Robert Plant's vocals. Like Page's playing, Plant's voice was dynamic, mature, and soulful. And while there were only a few moments where he could not quite match the power of his younger years, there were many more moments where he truly impressed with his trademark wail. My only gripe is that i could not see it again immediately, and now have to wait for the DVD release. TRULY THE GODS OF ROCK...
Gianluca C October 19, 2012
I just looooooooooooooooove these guys....
Jeff G September 13, 2012
I give it two thumbs up. Better than Cats. Also better than Dogs.
Gavin S October 18, 2012
I can now say - I have seen Led Zeppelin live.

And as big a fan as I've always been... I just had no idea how miraculous they really are live.
Trevor A ½ October 18, 2012
A 4.5/5.0 and not a full 5.0 as in theory it could have been even better, but given all of the circumstances (no warm up dates) and all of the pressure that was on them the O2 show is certainly something special to behold, and we are lucky to have it captured in Celebration Day. There were some "wow" moments - Trampled Underfoot comes to mind - and no real big disappointments. There was clearly a lot of joy shared onstage, and the conclusion of Rock 'N Roll was wonderful as Jimmy, John and Robert took in Jason's awesome tribute to his father. Kudos to David Carruthers and his film crew for a truly brilliant visual experience of Led Zeppelin in performance for what will likely be for the last time.