64% The Maze Runner Sep 19

67% Matador: Season 1
83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

71% Dallas: Season 3
62% Under the Dome: Season 2

The Legend of the Swordsman (Xiao ao jiang hu zhi: Dong Fang Bu Bai) (Swordsman II) Reviews

July 19, 2014
This is probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
March 13, 2014
Great Jet Li movie with some incredible fight scenes. It is however extremely violent and bloody for a Jet film, so beware!
April 26, 2011
The style is big different from the first chapter.They rightly cast the performers to right characters,you will be stunned by Brigitte Lin's sharp act.Dazzling sword-plays ,Old Man can break the ground with bare hand,quick editing and Fast and Furious Pacing which will edge your seat and fill up your tension, how did they do that?Yes,before this is my favorite and rate it full stars,but until I saw King Hu's version,I have to slap myself.
May 2, 2013
A gender-flipping warlord (Brigitte Lin) has allied with some Japanese exiles in the hopes of toppling the Ming dynasty. The only obstacle in the path of their scheme is Ling (Jet Li), a drunken swordsman who was planning to give up martial arts. Swordsman II is a ridiculously campy mess with queer dialogue, goofball performances, and a willfully bizarre love story at the heart of things. Its maniacally brisk pace is helped along by a string of sharp, hyper-kinetic stunts and fight sequences. While hardly a masterpiece, it should provide some entertainment for those who like their kung-fu with a massive dose of cheese (It should be noted that a heavily altered version of this film was released in the U.S. as Legend of the Swordsman. Anyone interested in this movie should seek out the uncut version released in Taiwan).
Omega728
January 25, 2013
This is one of my favorite Jet Li movies beyond his Wong Fei-hung & Fong Sai-yuk series. It has great action, a good story line, and even romance. Plus you have Brigitte Lin as Asia the Invincible and Rosamund Kwan. This is a classic among the Hong Kong martial arts films of the 90's.
lelokong
October 28, 2012
Because of the Brigitte Lin final bittersweet demise.
September 29, 2012
Brigitte Lin (Lin Ching-Sia) at her finest. Golden Age of HK Kungfu Movies indeed.
June 29, 2012
Note to self. pole kuskil
June 29, 2012
Sometimes I was confused, but the crazy sword fights and needle throwing were cool.
June 2, 2012
This campy classic is too long. However, the wait is worth it for fans of supernatural kung fu flicks. Kwan from the Once Upon a Time in China is the daughter of martial arts wizard that Li has to save. But, the ultimate power comes from a sex-changing scroll. Plenty of jumping and shouting the move they are doing.
Dave J
January 25, 2012
Wednesday, January 25, 2012

(1992) Swordsman II
(In Chinese with English subtitles)
ACTION

Full of big name Chinese stars from the likes of Jet Li, Rosamond Kwan, Jacky Cheung and Hong Kong actress veteran Brigitte Lin follows a mythical tale about ruling powers within' China. Full of wire- fu effects, and not so much a fan of those either but plenty of sword fights and beheadings(looks fake, of course), back stabbers and betrayls and some comedy relief. Similar to what one can find on one of those long Chinese soap opera films except that it's all crammed into a film. The other thing I like about this film is that it's not all serious as say "Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon" or even "Hero"! Jet Li's boyish persona was still in tacted here before his movies went all serious and the subtitled version is better than seeing it dubbed.

3 out of 4
June 4, 2011
A great early Jet Li low budget, kung-fu film. A horse gets cut in half the long way. A man turns into a woman. People are killed from needle and thread. See it.
February 12, 2011
I liked it, but the fighting scenes are a little confusing...
February 4, 2006
The cast is amazing but this is too schizophrenic a fantasy for me. The budget is not big enough to support a story this ambitious.
MovieGuruDude72
August 15, 2007
I happen to think Jet Li has too much of an ego to make anything truly special. He turned down roles in both The Matrix and Crouching Tiger. He HAS to be in control of everything and that comes at a price. The price is he will never make anything relevant. This was a so-so martial arts movie. But it was his same tired forumla. C'mon dude, swallow your pride, find John Woo and send a script to the Wachowski Brothers or George Lucas and make something awesome.
sittonbros
October 10, 2009
Jet Li and Brigitte Lin is also a nice combo! :D :D
October 5, 2009
This movie really rocked! I bought this dvd not ever having heard of it before. I figured well, it stars Jet Li one of my 2 favorite martial arts movie actors (the other one being Gordon Liu) and the synopsis seems interesting, so I'll just get it and see what happens. It turns out that I bought what is now one of my favorite Martial Arts movies of all time. I loved everything about it! The fight scenes were too much, I always like seeing Japanese ninjas and Chinese Kung-Fu masters go at it, (not many martial arts movies mix both cultures), the weapons were great and the settings, especially at night the foggy sky made the fighting look even better. This is a must see for martial arts movie lovers.
ariel1931
September 1, 2009
A must see film. Superb & Captivating
exureimundo
June 21, 2009
Incredible story with Hong Kong legends Jet Li and Brigitte Lin. Wuxia in the extreme, with many impossible displays of kung fu.