91% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return Reviews

April 7, 2014
Great movie -it picks up where the Wizard of Oz left off
April 26, 2014
What Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return does right is it's Colorful but sometimes Choppy Animation, Returning for old lovable characters and (SOME) nice songs. But it has so many problems (Like it has almost No good Jokes) that the movie is very less enjoyable.
With this said though, it really isn't a bad film. I say watch it on DvD because this movie is "OK" but defiantly not a good film.
May 9, 2014
The animation is horrible! This is the worst "thing" related to The Wizard of Oz I've ever seen.
NC Film Review
May 10, 2014
Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return is a complete travesty. Nothing about it works, be it story, acting, animation, or music. Avoid it at all costs.
July 17, 2014
Well for starters the jester looks like the joker from Batman it was an alright film would probably frighten little kids a bit
May 1, 2014
Why is movies like this getting made. As Dorothy deals with the possibility of moving away from the only place she has called home, suddenly she finds herself back in Oz - her friends are missing and there is a whole new trouble awaiting her. This movie has painful singing and the new characters in this movie are mostly annoying or just a waste of time.
Bradley J.
Bradley J.

July 13, 2014
Legends Of Oz is miraculously creepy for a kids film. The design is utterly lifeless and the villain is terrifying. Easily the worst animated film of the last three years, Legends of Oz is stuffed with stock characters, ugly animation and a boring plot that is sure to have one running to the better animated films of the year, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, and The Lego Movie to wash the stink. Rating: 26
lilshorty69er
July 12, 2014
I knew that this movie would suck, but the reason I watched it is because I wanted to know how badly this movie sucked and as it turns out, it really sucked. Now it's not because it's a sequel to The Wizard of Oz because there have been other sequels and prequels to The Wizard of Oz and some were okay and some were not that great, but this movie was just horrible. I don't think there was a single thing that was done right in this film, basically everything was absolute crap. Even though this movie was animated it still could've felt like a Wizard of Oz sequel, but it didn't. Between the horribly written story, terrible songs, bad jokes, lame puns, annoying characters and cheap looking animation, there isn't a thing anyone can enjoy in this movie. The movie looked like it was made for TV and I've seen many movies that have came to theaters, but they look so cheap looking they look like they should be a TV movie, that's pretty much what this is. It's stupid because it dragged good actors, like Dan Aykroyd, Oliver Platt, Patrick Stewart and Kelsey Grammer. Speaking of Kelsey Grammer, what the hell is he doing? He was in Transformers: Age of Extinction, Think Like a Man Too and now this and that's just this year. He's a great actor, but he has to stop with these shitty movies he keeps playing in. Anyways as for this movie, I don't really know what else to say about it other than it's a pile of crap and it should have never been made. So if you want to watch this movie, please don't because it's really terrible and it'll be just a waste of time, so skip it.
May 2, 2014
Total letdown after following it through it's multi-year production with high hopes. The visuals are pleasing and Lea Michele's songs were great, but the story just wasn't up to snuff. Plus, it muddies the waters of whether the original film happened or not!
July 10, 2014
Patrick Stewart is in this. He should have put phasers on kill and shot the script. Wow, this is bad.
March 2, 2014
I really enjoyed it. I guess I'm a 42 year old kid.
Hammy07
May 25, 2014
Not great. Story rushed, tin man, lion, and scarecrow did not get camera time. The fat owl was annoying, and the china princess was rude and her role was dumb. The movie jokes were not funny, and the film was poorly made. I do not recommend this even for the kids. This is a waste of money and time.
June 8, 2014
I knew this one was gonna be bad, but I had no idea how bad it would get.

It takes everything that people loved about the original one and takes a piss on it just so it can please the children.

FUCK THIS MOVIE!!!!!
Don A.
June 5, 2014
I'd say this is The Wizard of Oz meets Alice in Wonderland. It was the main Oz characters meeting Alice-in-Wonderland-strange characters. Though I enjoyed Lea Michele , this wasn't musical enough. The story felt thrown together.
ajusog
April 30, 2014
Only michelle's singing kept our kids in their seats, every other part, the kids were begging to leave the theater
May 11, 2014
Biggest. Surprise. Of. The year.
April 16, 2014
Going to see it tonight , Again!!
May 25, 2014
this movie was terrible and I love the land of oz but not this
interpretation.
May 25, 2014
Great film... great musical... was a lot of fun for the whole family.

The critics are so incredibly out of touch... once again, 15% approval from critics, 84% approval from viewers.
May 10, 2014
Awesome movie for family, definate must see