40% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

The Lemon Drop Kid Reviews

jjnxn
jjnxn

December 22, 2013
Hope does his same old routine but thanks to a sweet backstory and the wonderful holiday tune Silver Bells running through the film, including a charming production number of it, this is one of his better films.
Mark E

June 10, 2006
Must watch at Xmas comedy
Anthony V

July 2, 2008
Nice Bob Hope humor.
jam233
November 13, 2009
This is a very enjoyable and entertaining Bob Hope movie, there are plenty of laughs along the way thanks to a great screenplay. One of his better movies from the 1950's. Good supporting cast.
Living4real
December 18, 2008
Classic Bob Hope comedy set around the holidays. Bob decides to rig the bell ringing Christmas Santas and it all goes down hill from there - screwball style.
bt7995
July 28, 2007
I dig the classics now and again. It to bad Hope is only really remembered for his specials he was a funny man and a damn good actor.
Valerie G

June 1, 2007
This is the film that "Silver Bells" was written for! Cute story and of course Bob Hope is a smash!
starlett2005
January 8, 2014
The Lemon Drop Kid is a decent film. It is about the Lemon Drop Kid who accidentally steers Moose Moran's girl away from a winning bet, and he is forced to come up with $10,000 to repay the angry gangster. Bob Hope and Marilyn Maxwell give good performances. The screenplay is enjoyable but a little slow in places. Sidney Lanfield did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor.
Four Star Film Fan
December 15, 2013
Okay so this film can be considered Christmas because it features Silver Bells, but it certainly does not scale the heights of a White Christmas. Still Hope is up to his conning and Marilyn Maxwell plays opposite him. The story is flimsy and it is slow at times but if you are craving Hope or something with Christmas you might like it.
December 19, 2013
This classic Bob Hope movie is one I watched growing up and I love to this day. It's not quite your typical Christmas movie you see today with supernatural elements but about overcoming stupid decisions. The Lemon Drop kid is a con artist who made a very bad decision and in order to get out of the entanglement he comes up with one the worst scams imaginable. During the events of the movie he starts to develop a change of heart but soon becomes caught between a rock and a hard place.

I love the music in the movie, the version of Silver Bells is one of my favorites. The comedy is just as funny with repeated viewings and the ending is just as heart melting. This really is one of my favorite Holidays movies and is a fun time. If you're in the mood for a Bop Hope comedy with Holiday spirit you can't go wrong with this one.

Verdict: Recommended
Zeppo1
November 30, 2008
** 1/2 (out of four)

Not one of the best Bob Hope films at showing his great wit and screen presence, but it still has some fun moments.

It's Christmas time and small time hood Hope owes money to the mob. He concocts a scheme to get the money by placing fake Salvation Army Santa's around New York. The idea is great and it almost works, but too many jokes fall flat. No bad, but I think the picture would have been enhanced if Bing Crosby had been along and they had been partners. This time, however, it feels a little half-baked.[/color]
jazza923