97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events Reviews

May 19, 2011
Even though Carrey plays a villain in this sort-of serious also clever adaptation, he'll never leave out his comedic side which he'd brought it along for the role. Also, Law did a good job narrating the series of unfortunate events. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
August 12, 2014
Such a beautiful film!
May 6, 2010
(First and only full viewing - 5/6/2010)
March 1, 2011
excellent movie. too bad it doesn't follow the actual flow of the story on the novels and therefore can't have a decent sequel.
Daniel O.
May 12, 2014
I read the whole series.. and have to say... it was a bad idea to cram 3 books into one movie. But, for what it's worth, this is actually a very entertaining film. Jim Carrey makes a more than welcome return and.. what ho! Child actors that don't SUCK at their jobs!
July 11, 2014
A movie that softens the gleefully dark nature of its source material to disappointing extents, and has an uncomfortably rushed nature to it. At least we get to see Jim Carrey imitating a dinosaur.
July 11, 2014
"This was undeniably a weird movie, but also a some-what entertaining family adventure movie. Jim Carrey's performance of Count Olaf kept the film interesting."
March 21, 2013
Incredibly disappointing take on an amazing series.
August 23, 2013
Visualmente destaca gracias a su ambiente gótico y sombrío, por no mencionar las memorables actuaciones, sobre todo la de Jim Carrey, tan maníaco, intrépido e hilarante como siempre, dando como resultado una película con entretenimiento a montones, incluso si llega a ser superficial.
May 21, 2014
It is to bad they didn't continue the series.
nate2709
May 6, 2014
I really love this movie, to me one of the best family films ever made.
Eternalharvesthomest
May 3, 2014
It's awesome. I love Jim Carry and I LOVE how funny he is in dr. Seuss' how the grinch stole Christmas.
March 13, 2014
One of those smart movies targeting kids but that are suitable to the whole family.
Sebastian O.
April 12, 2014
You won't find yourself to excited or even entertained. That is, unless Jim Carrey's onscreen. Then it's a hoot.
NotEnoughSlavesInIt
April 11, 2014
71%
Visual stimulation.
June 30, 2007
I hate how nothing good ever happens to these kids. Seriously, did the author just wake up one day and go, "I'm going to devote my life to writing an entire series where every wrong thing possible happens to these children"? I mean, really.
Other than that, the cast is amazing and it's not such a bad movie. Maybe if they make another one their parents will come back. Maybe the movies can be happy!!
moviesbewithyou2
March 31, 2014
Even though its art direction and cinematography is great (good movie to look at), the movie is poorly adapted from the novel. It tries to direct itself towards kids instead of taking the smarter approach which would be to make it a more adult movie.
March 29, 2014
It seems hurried in places, but they did a good job capturing the feel of the books, and bringing life to the stories.
Alex Tait
March 26, 2014
Fantastically crafted film, with a terrifically funny, but villainous performance by Jim Carrey. Other reviewers, including critics, write this movie off as a 'run of the mill, standard children's film', but it is so much more than that. It is dark, so cleverly constructed, and is very enjoyable. Credit to Brad Silberling and the production team on this. Thomas Newman's score is yet another plus point.