Lenny Bruce Without Tears (1972)

Lenny Bruce Without Tears

TOMATOMETER

No critic reviews yet...

No critic reviews yet...

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Movie Info

Lenny Bruce is brought back to life through the use of clips, tapes and photographs.

Rating: Unrated

Cast

Show More Cast

News & Interviews for Lenny Bruce Without Tears

Friend Ratings

No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.

Critic Reviews for Lenny Bruce Without Tears

There are no critic reviews yet for Lenny Bruce Without Tears. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for Lenny Bruce Without Tears

This documentary tells the story of Lenny Bruce with all the filmmaking passion of a PBS nature documentary from the 50s. It is a dull film edited sloppily and with a narrator who is laughably droll. Lenny Bruce was an important comedian, but his humor doesn?t really stand up well today, one can see the boldness in the craft, but I?d be lying if I said any of this makes me laugh. Furthermore, most of Bruce?s best material was never recorded, the video footage here is pretty tame. There is better material in the audio recordings which for some reason is accompanied here b strange, often irrelevant stock footage. For a better chronicle of the life of Lenny Bruce check out the 1974 Bob Fosse directed biopic Lenny, which featured Dustin Hoffman recreating much better material that was never recorded.

Dracula787
MJS MJS

½

Archive video driven and well meaning, this documentary may have too closely followed his death to portray him clearly.

NathanSwink
Nathan Swink

Lenny Bruce Without Tears Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Lenny Bruce Without Tears on our Movie forum!