19% Transcendence Apr 18

Leprechaun - Back 2 Tha Hood Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

February 9, 2012
The Leprechaun franchise along with the Puppet master series is probably the worst series in the history of horror. Now this is the sixth entry in this uninspired, boring and above all stupid series of films. This sixth and final entry in the series is just as awful as the rest of the previous films. There's nothing interesting or good on-screen, and this is a pointless waste of time. Like the previous films in the series, this film suffers from a poor plot, a poorly written script, bad acting and bad directing. This film was horrible, and I really don't see why they made a sixth entry in this franchise. Having seen all of the Leprechaun films back in my teens, thinking they would be a fun, great-bad horror film to watch, I was wrong. This series doesn't deliver anything entertaining for the viewer expecting something great to come out of it. The Leprechaun franchise could have been a better series, but instead it was given a half assed treatment and the series failed miserably in my opinion, at least with this last lackluster entry, hopefully the Leprechaun is down on his luck for good. Back 2 Tha Hood is a stupid, poorly written film that is almost too bad to be Straight to DVD level. The cast was horrible and there was nothing, absolutely nothing good about this film. Don't watch this if you're expecting something that's so bad it's good, this isn't even in that category.
Luke B

March 27, 2009
Each Leprechaun movie has changed setting as the series progressed. From a small quaint farm to outer space. Finally he ended up in the hood and is still in the hood. This leads to the usual formula, missing out on any changes whatsoever. It's the same shtick we were delivered in the last outing. The big difference is that it is a lot less fun. Even Warwick Davis seems less involved and he has been the anchor for this rickety series. Thinking back on it, it's hard to distinguish between this and the last "...In the hood" film. But I definitely didn't enjoy this retread. It tries to add to the mythology with Warwick being the last and only evil Leprechaun, but this just contradicts the previous films.
Lafe F

July 14, 2007
It's a decent film, but why did they have to return to the Hood again? Didn't the previous movie cover enough ground? They could've had the Leprechaun going to the Wild West, to Disneyland, to the Antarctic, to Australia - maybe even to Ireland! The didn't even put a number 6 on it. This may have effectively ended the Leprechaun series...
starlimitz2
September 9, 2008
Unbelievable cheese is excreted from every single scene of this horribly deformed monstrosity of a movie. There was no hint of a tangible plot, Warwick has turned down his acting volume (Not that it was particularly loud before), and all of the other actors could hardly be considered as such. They tried WAAAYYY too hard to make the Leprechaun's reaction to the hood "hip" or "funny" and it does neither one, in fact it weakened his character, completely. Once again, this series of movies has failed.
holmennnguy
January 28, 2008
This sixth installment in one of my favorite horror series is actually one of my favorites of the bunch. Leprechaun was hilarious with his one-liners and featured some hilarious scenes!
CC1980
August 19, 2007
Ok the first one was ok but then they had to make this dumb ass movie! COme on leave the little mans gold alone already!
MECreviews
July 2, 2007
"You have stolen what's been stolen from me."

An alright movie to watch when bored, as I am now... & since it's on tv. Oh well.
heathercarter203
March 7, 2007
I give it some stars, just 4 the sake of entertainment. I watched this on tv, w/my friend Cuyler, Halloween night '06. We laughed sooo hard!! If ur in the mood 2 laugh at a stupid cheesy flick, u can't much cheesier. Take a lactic acid pill b4 u watch it.
Renaissanceldy07
December 8, 2006
KICK-ASS OUTSTANDING!! LOVED it when the Leprechaun got high!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!! WICKED HILARIOUS!!!!
Underworldbros
October 3, 2006
Here is a movie thats more myth. The jokes were, for lack of a better word, corny. The action scenes are good, but had potential.
Billy T
January 19, 2014
A fun popcorn movie that I've watched twice. The Leprechaun wrecks havoc on a group of youngsters from the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area who make the fatal mistake of stealing the wee Irishman's gold.
Jaws No Revenge
March 24, 2012
Argh! They actually sorta hit a Leprechaun-stride with the last one and HAD to add onto their small success, didn't they? Still the second best of the franchise.
July 23, 2013
Though significantly better than the previous entry in the franchise (by the way, why is there a franchise about a killer leprechaun?), Back 2 Tha Hood is full of stereotypes, 'ninjas,' and other ridiculous things. It's actually pretty entertaining, but not in a good way.
March 17, 2013
This movie is great! Obviously, if you are in the mood for a heartwrenching drama such as Schindler's List, please don't watch this and give it a terrible review. But if you like and want to see one of the best campy horror movies you will see, this is it!
February 4, 2012
I laughed my ass off at this film. One of the better sequels,along with Part 2 & 3!!
July 30, 2012
more of a comedy than a horror film, this is something that should be on comedy central
June 19, 2012
It's a cheesy movie, and semi entertaining.
June 7, 2012
After 5 other Leprechaun movies with the same plot, it gets rather boring. He's either looking for his gold or his bride, so by the 6th film, the plot is old. This one however tries to be more horror than comedy, but it's still neither scary or funny. It's not the worst of the Leprechaun sequels though, but it offers very little new stuff.
May 21, 2012