LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Completely dilatory post, but nonetheless...]

68%? lol, take that Tom Hooper.

Karma is a b****. This one, sir, is for stealing Best Picture from the Social Network back in '10. I honestly did think Les Mis was going to be a superb movie that I would hate loving.

Thankfully, doesn't seem like I'll be having that problem! Still, kudos to Hooper for trying out something new; sorry it doesn't appear to have worked out to the desired extent.
Zach Thomas
12-8-2012 08:58 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Edward Batchelder

Edward Batchelder

Social Network is a great movie but King's speech deserved to win, IMO.

Jan 3 - 06:13 AM

Daniel Gray

Daniel Gray

Regardless of which movie is better, why would it be Hooper's fault that his won? He didn't force the Academy to choose...so visiting "Karma" on him is silly.

That said, Hooper's direction is the biggest weak link in Les Mis. I liked the film, and wonder what it could have been in the hands of a director who wasn't so in love with close-ups shots and who knew how to direct musicals.

Dec 30 - 08:06 AM

Kevin Hunt

Kevin Hunt

The Social Network better than The King's Speech? Not in your wildest dreams.

Dec 23 - 02:20 AM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

TSN got better reviews. Check the RT pages.

Dec 24 - 09:49 AM

Colt18

Ryan Goldsworthy

A 1% difference in the "freshness" is certainly an accurate method to determine that one film is better than the other.. Idiot. The King's Speech was far superior in every way, stop copying and pasting.

Dec 29 - 02:13 AM

Colt18

Ryan Goldsworthy

Because a 1% difference in the "freshness" of two films is certainly an accurate method to determine that one film is better than the other? Idiot. The King's Speech was far superior in every way, but even if you enjoyed TSN more, your "argument" is made of sawdust.. stop copying and pasting.

Dec 29 - 02:18 AM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

Okay, no need to get nasty here. Let's look at the numbers:

-9 vs. 8.6 average rating from critics, in favor of TSN
-100% vs. 97%, 9.5 vs. 9.2 from top critics, both in favor of TSN

Look, those aren't those huge differences, so understandably choosing between the two comes down to taste. But for some absurd reason, you claim "The King's Speech was far superior in every way" -- the numbers don't add up to that conclusion, Ryan.

Dec 29 - 09:03 PM

Vinayaka Bhat

Vinayaka Bhat

"The king's speech" was much better than "The Social network"...

Dec 21 - 08:06 AM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

TSN got better reviews. Check the RT pages.

Dec 24 - 09:50 AM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

Aww another spite fanboner, how cute

Dec 19 - 11:22 PM

Ryan Stears

Ryan Stears

While I enjoyed The Social Network very much, I think The King's Speech deserved to win Best Picture.

Dec 16 - 04:51 PM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

Did you guys see Richard Corliss's review yet? LOL

Dec 15 - 09:37 AM

Francesco F.

Francesco Fortuna

Haha Wtf? Oh I wish I could comment on reviews again so badly.

Dec 15 - 07:25 PM

Justin Gunterman

Justin Gunterman

I'm under the belief that The Social Network deserved to win Best Picture (though I really enjoyed The King's Speech regardless), but I'm not posting bitter topics on a message board bashing a movie with only a few reviews. Bravo for maturity.

Dec 12 - 09:49 PM

Jamie White

Jamie White

another 5 star not in the line up http://www.policymic.com/articles/20382/les-miserables-movie-review-anne-hathaway-will-break-your-heart

Dec 9 - 07:47 AM

speedracer37

Darin Grant

Thanks so much, Jamie, for continuing to post these great reviews...much appreciated! 2 questions: Where are you getting the links from? And how do you know the above review is 5 stars? When I went under it, it didn't have any stars...just the review. Again, thanks though for keeping us "in the loop".

Dec 9 - 12:40 PM

Jamie

Jamie White

Also sorry - TSN was a waste of two hours of time with people you didn't want to know. TKS may not have been perfect, but it is a film I would watch several times over and that makes it the Best Picture of the two.

Dec 9 - 05:28 AM

hansolo64

Yodaman Solo

TSN sure didn't waste my time. I can watch over and over. Sorry. ;-)

Dec 19 - 06:30 AM

Yang Liu

Yang Liu

but King's Speech was better than Social network.

Dec 9 - 04:19 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

but King's Speech was better than Social network.

Dec 8 - 11:45 PM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

Not in terms of direction, far from it!

Dec 15 - 08:27 AM

speedracer37

Darin Grant

LOL, indeed, Zach!!
This film is getting TONS and TONS of reviews from critics, journalists, etc., across the globe saying it's "the best film of the year", "a masterpiece", "a dream of a film", and even Jay Weston, from the Huffington Post, (someone in the business for 50+ years) calls it "maybe the best movie I have ever seen". They just haven't been allowed to be published yet because of the embargo..."it doesn't appear to have worked out"? Yeah, sorry, man, but it HAS. Very much.

Dec 8 - 11:34 PM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

Fellow RT commentators: the Jay Weston person Darin speaks of is a restaurant blogger who happens to like this film. Good for him.

Dec 15 - 09:36 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile