Les Mis!

What a great movie. Those singing parts are extremely difficult and except for a little disappointment in Russel's voice, the rest of them were great. They couldn't have pulled any more emotion out of me if they tried. I generally don't like movie musicals but Jackman, Anne and most of the others were great!
James Conroy
12-26-2012 07:06 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Hugh Worrall

Hugh Worrall

Yes I agree. This was a great movie which made me reflect on the important things in life, the people and ideas, and how we should treasure them. Hugh Jackman, Ann Hathaway and several others were amazing - I really connected with them.

Jan 18 - 02:47 AM

Bobby Brown

Bobby Brown

I loved the whole movie it was so emotional, from sadness, helplessness, rage & happiness.
I do not like musicals but this I will go & see again. Russell Crowe was such a great singer.

Jan 13 - 07:57 AM

Bobby Brown

Bobby Brown

I loved the whole movie it was so emotional, from sadness, helplessness, rage & happiness.
I do not like musicals but this I will go & see again. Russell Crowe was such a great singer.

Jan 13 - 07:55 AM

David Rubinstein

David Rubinstein

VERY bad. I don't even know where to begin. Trite and predictable songs and lyrics. Most of the songs should have been replaced with dialogue. Even better, the writers of this musical should have been replaced. Crowe is awful. I didn't care about any of the characters. The real villain is the French monarchy but instead we are asked to empathize with ValJean who spends 19 years in prison for stealing bread and then is stupid enough to steal again after his release. Fine material for a book (Hugo) but not a musical. With wall-to-wall music this might have belonged to the category of opera, but opera requires great music, which this barf-inducing monstrosity lacks. The direction of this movie-musical was bad, with too many gross close-ups. This musical obviously has its devoted followers. I would stay away from it.

Jan 12 - 10:47 PM

Maria Edwards

Maria Edwards

Loved it. Simple as.

Jan 12 - 02:53 PM

Jamie White

Jamie White

Jackman deserves the Oscar - Three faces and physiques over 30 years combining great acting with an emotional vocal performance. It just doesn't get any better. The flaws are few and the film amazing.

Jan 6 - 04:31 PM

Kellie Sheakoski

Kellie Sheakoski

So beautiful! :)

Jan 5 - 09:41 PM

Anonymous #.

Anonymous #1

The movie was the best movie i saw all year!

Dec 28 - 03:50 PM

Lance Burns

Lance Burns

I went to see this movie because my wife has been looking forward to it from the moment it was announced. I like Russel Crowe and Hugh Jackman so I hoped to be able to enjoy it as well.

I was truly moved.

Dec 28 - 01:23 AM

John Amyot

John Amyot

iT was an amazing move. I went in with no expectations and came out astounded

Dec 27 - 06:57 AM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile