Lethal Weapon 3 Reviews

Dr114
½ June 25, 2013
Lethal Weapon 3 isn't a bad movie. It isn't as great as its two predecessors, but it's still pretty good. The problem with Lethal Weapon 3 is that it's forgettable. The witty banter, likable characters and exciting action are all still here, but it's too safe. What I mean by it being safe is that it steers to much into convention. It just seems like another Lethal Weapon movie but without the spark that made the first two great. There's a lot of good moments in this one and the ending shoot out features a great action set piece. But it relies too heavily on the events that happened in the first two movies and has little character development. Leo Getz is even more annoying in this one and seems a bit shoehorned in (at least they got rid of him early on). Letter Grade: B
TheDudeLebowski65
July 13, 2011
Third entry in the Lethal Weapon franchise is a film with mixed results. I really have mixed opinions on the series, and personally, I thought the first was the best one. The first entry was the most exciting, most thrilling, and best written film in the entire series. Obviously sequels followed, and they all had the daunting task of outdoing the original, or predecessor. Lethal Weapon 3 is the second sequel to Lethal Weapon, and it's entertaining, but smething about this film bugs me. Like I said, I never really was that big a fan of these films, and preferred the first. I was more a Die Hard fan. The premise of this story is cool and Mel Gibson plays a cool, mean spirited tough cop. But there's just something about this film that just doesn't cut it for me. I really didn't like Joe Pesci in this film, and I thought he was irritating as hell, I consider his character to be the Jar Jar Binks of the Lethal Weapons. Lethal Weapon 3 nearly succeeds at being a passable sequel for me, but doesn't quite make it. thought the film could have been better, and with the interesting plot, Lethal Weapon 3 could have been a splendid film. But if Richard Donner would've selected his cast more closely, NOT write a part for Joe Pesci, this film would have been better. Entertaining, but not as good as I'd hope it would be.
½ June 13, 2006
The third part of Richard Donner's cop buddy series is the silliest. It puts a lot more emphasis on humor, but once again offers plenty of violence and ruthless villains. While the plot is merely a variation of the former two films it works mostly thanks to the great chemistry between Gibson and Glover. With plenty of laughs, gunfights and car chases not much can go wrong, after all.
½ November 28, 2009
Not quite as good as the first two, but honestly, how were they supposed to top two of the greatest action movies ever made? What's great here is that Riggs and Murtaugh are still as strong as ever, as is their new sidekick Leo. Rene Russo was a great addition to the cast and is the perfect match for Riggs. Mel Gibson's dog biscuit diet in this was almost as crazy as his rage fueled rampage at the end. This has some really cool sequences in this, the most impressive being the motorcycle chase. In the end, it's a great continuation of the characters and it should please any fan.
½ August 9, 2006
Another dull 90's Action sequel, where I'm not entirely sure what the theme of the film was if I were to have to explain it to anyone, took several attempts to get through this one.
cosmo313
June 9, 2006
Things started to show some wear and tear by this point, but this is still a highly entertaining film filled with tons of laughs, great action sequences, and some really fun moments. Rene Russo is great as the newcomer, and Gibson and Glover are as reliable as always. Pesci isn't as good this time around, and he's a bit too obnoxious, but it could be worse.

Not my favorite in the series, but a decent entry nonetheless.
FiLmCrAzY
½ September 4, 2007
i thoroughly enjoyed this 3rd installment its funny, entertaining, compelling, great fight scenes and shows sensitivity to some situations policeofficers can be put through!
this movie has everything its a really fun entertaining movie that shouldnt be missed at all!

the duo are back for the third time with a new mission to bring down a corupt cop that is bringing mayhem and chaos to the city, by selling and having guns.

a good movie worth a watch!
½ October 11, 2007
The third and should of been final weapon flick. This is still pretty good, it just gets by. The baddies aren't too intense this time which lets it down and the intro of Russo gives it a weak point that turns it too light hearted, but the action is still there, it looks good n real and just about hits the spot. Could of done with being more adult orientated like the first two though. The cast, apart from Russo, work well here, Pesci adding great comedic relief again and the story with Riggs n Murtaugh becoming ever closer is nice. The start of the flick having Riggs in his 'blues' is a funny angle that works well. Just needed abit more of an adult edge.

Iim too old for this shit'
December 31, 2006
It just keeps getting better. A hilarious, pulse-pounding action-packed thrill-ride from start to finish. An off the wall joy-ride that still delivers the goods. Gibson and Glover never fail to deliver in their chemistry as buddy cops. The action is tougher, the laughs are funnier and the stars are stronger than ever.
kpn666
March 3, 2007
Not only the magic is back - its 3 times more powerful!!!Gibson and Glover reunite as the 'chaos and mayhem' partners of the LAPD- along with sidekick Pesci as the fast and trash talkin Leo Getz. Joining them is wild card Rene Russo as an Internal affairs officer who makes Riggs (gibson) look like an ametuer brawler when dealing with the bad guys. Now the team have to deal with a vicious gang of armed dealers led by a ex-cop who has a taste for brutality. The actions as fast as the talk and both are GOLD - From the opening bomb blast (hilarious) to Riggs setting alite the houses (yeeehaaaa) its a rollercoaster ride.SEE IT FOR YOURSELF - make sure you bring popcorn and a dozen of your best friends - DO NOT MISS THIS!
½ January 27, 2007
Lethal Weapon 3 is the thrid film in the series and just as good. Mel Gibson, Danny Glover and the funny Joe Pesci are all back for the fun. This time they add the sexy Rene Russo to the mix who can hang with Riggs and is just as crazy. Underreated actor Stuart Wilson makes another good bad guy in this good sequel.
June 22, 2007
Roger Murtaugh: I got 8 days to my retirement, and I will NOT make a stupid mistake!
Martin Riggs: Look, there is no bomb in that building! I will bet vital parts of my anatomy to the fact! Trust me, okay? Trust me!
Roger Murtaugh: That's usually my first mistake!

The least of the four. Not a bad thing though, there is still a lot of action and comedy to be had. It's also nice to see Gibson finding new love here.

The story is pretty weak, but still a fun movie. The problem lies in the fact that the villain is nothing special this time around.

But everything else is still here. Riggs cracks wise, Murtaugh is to old for that shit, Pesci returns, and even Russo balances things out even more.

It also helps that the action scenes are very entertaining. Fun stuff.

Leo Getz: Where does it say that a gunshot wound requires a rectal exam?
Roger Murtaugh: Rectal exam?
Leo Getz: Yeah. With a telescope big enough to see Venus!
Riggs: I guess all they saw was Uranus.
Leo Getz: Well, you know what I say. They FUCK YOU at the hospital, okay? They FUCK YOU at the hospital! First they drug you, then they FUCK YOU and when they're done FUCKING YOU along comes the insurance company and FUCKS YOU some more! Ten Dollars for a FUCKING Aspirin!
April 29, 2007
One of the better ones in the series. Very funny as well.
deano
February 1, 2007
This is the best one of Lethal Weapon series I ever watched. Because this is simply one of the greatest, funniest action pics of all time. A tough woman cop Rene Russo is cool.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 18, 2007
great flick, worst of the 4 but still really good
December 27, 2006
This series went from dark to mostly funny. Good though.
garyX
December 9, 2006
Essentially a heavily diluted remake of the previous movies, all involved appear to be on auto pilot. The romance between Gibson and Russo is unconvincing and Pesci makes me want to plant my foot in the TV screen...
April 8, 2012
Six days to retirement, what could go wrong? Lethal Weapon 3 is a lighthearted action film that's lost the edginess that made the series so compelling and original. In this installment, Riggs and Murtaugh get busted down to patrolmen and accidentally stumble onto a gun smuggling operation. Glover and Gibson are true to form, and Joe Pesci is back to offer his usual comedic relief. But the addition of Rene Russo really drags down the film; her character seems forced and doesn't feel authentic. However, Richard Donner delivers on the action once again, making for some fun and excitement. Still, Lethal Weapon 3 takes the series into generic action film territory and loses its distinctiveness.
½ December 2, 2011
Lethal Weapon 3 was pure enjoyment and is on par with the rest of the series, although I did feel like they were trying to just make more money other than progressing the story, which made the film feel hollow. Mel Gibson and Danny Glover are still the perfect buddy cops, and whenever someone mentions a buddy cop film I think of these two partners and best friends. The return of Joe Pesci was also fun, and I always enjoy his character of Leo Getz. We get another case, and Riggs and Murtaugh have to fix it and its always enjoyable to see these two witty banter, and now we get to see their friendship tested in the film and I enjoyed it. The plot felt hollow overall and it seemed like they were just trying to make more money, and it seems the greatness of the first two films may be gone, but it keeps up the great characters and the enjoyable dialogue. The action is still is enjoyable and I always love the action in this series, which i was glad to see they kept the same. I am not saying its a bad film, on the contrary its a very good movie but we have to comapre it to the past two films and compared to those it just didn't feel as great. I still enjoyed it and its a good addition to the series, it just could've been better, that's all I am saying.
October 24, 2012
Lethal Weapon 3 has lost a lot of steam of the first two, but even still manages to be one entertaining film.