Are the visual effects better than Avatar?

Curious if i want to see this in theaters or just wait, would you say the visuals are better?
BobHarris
12-4-2012 11:29 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Naman B.

Kumar Naman

Jun 18 - 08:04 AM

Adam Kent

Adam Kent

no thar not
my experience with the life of pi
first i would like to say it was a OK movie one i think everyone should watch once then never again. it is impassable to take this movie searisly because the story could be a moving one but the c.g. destroys it. as soon as you are getting draw in balm theirs a porely constructed tiger that's so fake. they just had a real tiger for the last sean now they have a cg tiger why. the scean went form realistic to fantisy en one second. i think they were hoping that it was done so well that no one would notates, but even the 5 year olds behind me in the theater were like wear did the real tiger go. this isnt the world of avatar so why is every thing bioluminescent. every thing glows the fish the jelly fish the wails even the tiger??? what is happening did he take a asid hit and they cut it out of the movie. the carnivorous island was a good part. but why was the tooth hidden in a plant that looked like he was pealing a fruit. i also dont think merecats are that stupid if a tiger are your brothers or sisters they would run noth stand in line to be the next course. theirs a part where this kid has just had way too much sun and he is stairing in to the depths of the ocean to the botom of marions trench i guess this was to illustrate that even thow he has been drifting for sevril days he has not moved an inch. but did they need a 10 minuet cg special afflicts segment showing 100's of different fish a gint squid killing a humpback wale that suddenly becomes the animals that drown on the boat. i even think thar was space just thrown in their at some point. it just rune the searisnes of the sean in the movie. and to ancer who has sunk the boat it was pi. he went out in the storm and did not shut a water tight compartment door allowing tide surges to enter the lower compartments flooding the ship and leading to it capsizing and sinking. i also don't think you could make so much out of a life boat. with out structurally damaging it and crippling it causing it to sink. other then that it was a OK movie. i would compare it to Joe dirt watch it once then never again

Mar 17 - 07:11 AM

Muhammad Hambali

Muhammad Hambali

Both are great in visual effect, (in scale 1-10) I would give scores 9 for Pi and 8 for Avatar.

Mar 15 - 10:22 PM

Isaac T.

Isaac Tetreault

I'm actually gonna say pi.

Mar 13 - 03:43 PM

Sayak Choudhury

Sayak Choudhury

In pi the visual effects were used as a vehicle of story telling..but in case of avatar the visual effects were the story..cant say which I liked better though..

Feb 15 - 07:52 AM

Ldsa No-tv

Ldsa No-tv

Life of Pi... why would I wanna spend my hard-earned dough watching a movie about a random dude that spends 2 hours trying not to be eating by a big-ass tiger while remembering his childhood... or something?

Feb 8 - 07:48 AM

Typhon

Typhon Q

Life of Pi's effects are more ambient and peaceful, as opposed to the enormous CGI action sequences you see in movies like Avatar. But Life of Pi is definitely very very good.

Jan 30 - 09:26 PM

Andrew Moore

Andrew Moore

This movie will probably not get the recognition that it deserves, but that is ok. The best works of art were not well known in there time! This movie is just breath takingly beutiful, all that Avatar had was blue rabbits in a Fern Gully rip-off! This movie has depth, and a truly awe inspiring story.

Jan 28 - 08:16 PM

Virgil Perkins

Virgil Perkins

Spell-check wouldn't hurt.

Feb 24 - 12:51 PM

Isaac T.

Isaac Tetreault

Where did you learn too spell.

Mar 13 - 03:45 PM

Jason M.

Jason McCann

Absolutely. I believed them.

Jan 28 - 06:43 AM

Jason M.

Jason McCann

Absolutely. I believed them.

Jan 28 - 06:42 AM

Gabriel Parra

Gabriel Parra

Much better, I´ts hard to think or see them as visual effects. Those are real animals, real fish, real tiger...

Dec 20 - 07:34 PM

Colleen Hillerup

Colleen Hillerup

I preferred them, and it's a much better story.

Dec 16 - 01:58 PM

Utkarsh Singh

Utkarsh Singh

I can't say about the effects for which took more effort, but Life of Pi was certainly a much more beautiful and richer looking film than Avatar.

Dec 10 - 06:44 AM

Lucy Chang

Lucy Chang

better! I esp like the part where tiger jumped out and also the storm came. Felt so real

Dec 9 - 11:45 PM

Rahul Raj

Rahul Raj

yes

Dec 9 - 02:23 PM

Michael Hirakida

Michael Hirakida

NO. Thats all I have to say.

Dec 8 - 03:36 PM

Andrew

Drew May

I thought so. I seriously spent the whole movie thinking how well-trained the tiger was. And some of those scenes in the second half of the movie are stunning.

Dec 8 - 03:32 PM

Pawal Adhikari

Pawal Adhikari

better...

Dec 7 - 10:15 PM

Hozey Zachary

Hozey Zachary

better! the cgi tiger fooled me! too realistic.

Dec 7 - 03:07 AM

Anish Alex

Anish Alex

The ship wreck was awesome ...cant tell if its upto Avatar but better than Titanic (maybe because of technological advancements) But Really liked the movie Standsout of the crowd for ever..

Dec 6 - 08:20 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile